Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Question Minitor IV Software

I think I already know the answer to this (which is "no"), but here it goes anyway...

Is a Windows version of the programming software for the Minitor IV available anywhere? If so, where?

We have the programming hardware and the DOS version of the software, however Windows CE and XP no longer have the DOS foundation that Windows 9x had (don't run on independent DOS), and the Minitor IV programming software doesn't run properly in a CE or XP DOS shell (the software runs, but can't find the COM ports needed to communicate with the docking station). We're working on a work-around (getting the CE machine in the station setup to boot from a DOS system floppy), but having a Windows version of the programming software would sure be nice. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Screw it all!!! Go to Linux!

Go to www.bootdisk.com and you can create an MSDos or Win98 boot disk to stick on a floppy (either will boot to DOS)
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

Default Linux Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Adze39
    Screw it all!!! Go to Linux!
    That's what I'm saying.

MembersZone Subscriber mtnfireguy's Avatar
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

nice resuscitation !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weruj1
    nice resuscitation !
    Yea, I'll say...I posted this three years ago...

Since then, we found a donor to give us a Windows 95 machine on which we set up our programming software for Minitor IVs and Vs, as well as HT1250s/HT750s, HT1000s/JT1000s and MT2000s. So, we're all set now, and we also now know we'll never see Windows version of some of this stuff.

But thanks for finding this and trying to help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up WinXP software for programming Minitor IV's

I don't know when it was released, but there is Motorola software for programming Minitors with WinXP; just used it this summer to modify some of our pagers.

If you are in need of specifics, PM me and I'll get the info from our department.

I don't remember whether or not it is USB, which is becoming an issue since the old stuff (along with our Vertex radios programming cable) uses a serial connection. Serial connections are getting hard to find on PC's, and darn near extinct on laptops.

Not sure why you were having the problems with the software. I have it for the Minitor IV's and I use it on a computer with XP........ And yes, it's the serial cable.....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Default xp and minitor 3/4 software? How?

How did you load your software into XP? I have been trying and it just will not work. Gives me an error. Maybe I didn't do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by bpayner View Post
    How did you load your software into XP? I have been trying and it just will not work. Gives me an error. Maybe I didn't do it right.
    I just followed the directions........ Made a copy of the floppy disks for a backup and installed it........ Uses the MSDOS prompt........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber sdff1520's Avatar

Yes there is windows software for the Minitor III/IV, and you should be able to order it from Motorola. You should actually be using the most current version to program pagers as there were certain issues and bugs with the older versions ... hence the reason for the updates. Newer Min IV pagers with new firmware can't be programmed with the old versions as there have been some enhancements to allow better operation.

Forum Member

Smile Got it.

After some doing I got it installed. We got a new PC at the FD and had none of the instructions left over, but I figured it out. Thanks anyway.

The newwer versions of the Minitor 5 software includes an option to slow down the data when using a Usb-serial adaptor. I've had no problems since they added that option.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Help with Minitor PPS software & programming Minitor IV

I'm running Motorola Minitor PPS v 1.8.1 and am having trouble entering 602.5 for TONE1 on many of our pagers. I can type 602.5, but when I tab to the next field, the 602.5 disappears. We are all running Minitor IV's, pager version 9.40, but are on different codeplugs. The problem doesn't seem to be isolated to only one type of codeplug.

Is there an upgrade to v 1.8.1? Can I use the Motorola V PPS software to program Minitor IV's? If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LazNBlaz View Post
    I'm running Motorola Minitor PPS v 1.8.1 and am having trouble entering 602.5 for TONE1 on many of our pagers. I can type 602.5, but when I tab to the next field, the 602.5 disappears. We are all running Minitor IV's, pager version 9.40, but are on different codeplugs. The problem doesn't seem to be isolated to only one type of codeplug.

Is there an upgrade to v 1.8.1? Can I use the Motorola V PPS software to program Minitor IV's? If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance...
    No you cant use Min V to program the IVs.
    Myonly guess for you is to change the tones to User and not motorola or anything like that.. First screen i belive that comes up. PM me for more info if you cant find the tones thing I am talking about.

Default Scanning on a minitor IV

I'm trying to get my IV's to scan in alert mode between 2 different VHF freq's. Trouble is when scanning I get monitor mode on both freq's. They work OK when selected individually. I'm using ver 1.8.1 for windows. Any ideas?

Forum Member

Yep.. It will never work with a IV... That feature only came with the 5's for them to scan frequencies and be silent until the right tones come.

Thought that might be the case. Thanks for the comeback.

Forum Member

Default Minitor III & IV Pager Programming Software Request

OK... we used to have the newest disk that had the programming software for the Minitor III's & IV's. It has gone MIA and of course the computer that had all of the programming on it got a virus and is DOA. The Motorola webpage has the downloadable version for the V's (Ver. 1.4.0) but nothing for the III's of IV's. Any kind soul know where to download the newest version for the III's and IV's so we can make a new disk... or would be willing to send our department a copy? Thanks a bunch brothers and sisters!

D.J. Dunn II
    Lieutenant
    Savoy Fire Department
    ddunn@savoyfd.com

Forum Member

You can't download it from motorola anymore. A cheap solution would be to get it off of ebay...

Thread Information