Default Brush Fire Season

I was just curious when y'alls brush fire season usually starts, or if its started of if y'all even have one. My department hasn't had any brush fire calls yet. But our neighboring departments have had a couple. All were fairly small, I think the biggest was 5 acres. I give it about 2 more weeks of no rain and us Central Texas boys are gonna be really busy.

Forum Member

Message Deleted
    Last edited by Irons6789; 11-21-2007 at 02:05 AM.

Forum Member

I believe fire season officialy kicks off June 1st here in LA County, This year the threat of brush fire's still looms just that the brush is not as a dry as last year we're about 1-2 inches over our normal rain fall amount for the year and the weather has been very funny ,

We just had our first grass fire of the season. It was about 100 feet by 200 feet. It took one brush truck and one tanker/brush truck to put it out. One of our neighboring departments had a 5 acre brush fire threatening structures we went to that as well. Stay Safe.

I think our first report of a brush fire was sometime in March... if I recall correctly, the captain just kicked some snow over the top of it and muttered about "stupid kids trying to make campfires..". It was just a little thing and couln't spread on account of all the snow. Ya gotta wonder about people...

Permanently Removed

We have had two cases in which someone flicked a cigaret out the window and caused an ok size fire, and we've gone on a few mutuall aid brush calls, and some other little ones.

Thread Information