Thread: Show Up!!!

Permanently Removed

Default Show Up!!!

What do you guys do to Juniors who dont show up to meetings and drills enough? do you have a certain quota per year?

Temporarily/No Longer Active

what do you guys do to juniors who dont show up

Cement,thugs,pier,alibi..........
    Last edited by dfdex1; 05-15-2003 at 10:20 PM.

Permanently Removed

huh? what?

Forum Member

Message Deleted
    Last edited by Irons6789; 11-21-2007 at 03:10 AM.

Permanently Removed

oh, well i sent them both emails warning them

well in west webster those who dont make it are to give a letter to the explorer cheif but not may of them know that so it doesnt happen with the letter

I send out a email when I know when the meeting is going on. There pretty good about comeing.Sometimes though life happens and you cant make it,unlike me that has been to every one.

One of our guys is on a soccer team that if they win playoffs they go to England and get a good chance to go pro, so he cant make every one of meetings but I understand.

I dont tolerate ohh I just dont want to go tonight,the fire service is not a joke and I dont want that attitude, but im lucky cause I have never had it cause we got a great and dedicated group of explorers at the 3334!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by dfdex1; 05-15-2003 at 11:43 PM.

Our post bought minitor 3's and only enough for the members who were already on the post (we havenít had anyone leave or join in about a year) and we were all issued one. But if you don't show up for 50% of the trainings and meetings in three months then your pager is taken away and given to someone who comes all the time. And now that we have more people the pagers that have been taken away are given to people who need one. But that is basically all we have for people who donít show up
    FF. EMT-B M. Hesek
    Northborough Fire Dept
    Northborough MA

NEVER FORGET DECEMBER 3rd '99

Forum Member

No real policy, if you are a explorer officer, if you miss 3 meetings in a row, you lose your position.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Permanently Removed

Taking away pager wont change a thing, neither will gear, or suspending them, cuz they never wear there pagers, bring there gear, or show up

Our department policy calls for all members to attend at least 12 drills and 25% of all calls per year. In reality, someone could get away with showing up to one drill a month (out of 4, sometimes 5) and only a fourth of the calls we get and still be a firefighter. If you don't, then your case is brought up to the board of commissioners who can take away your membership. We only lost one person this past year, but most people try their hardest to get to all of the drills and calls they can.

Originally posted by Kvfcjr
    Taking away pager wont change a thing, neither will gear, or suspending them, cuz they never wear there pagers, bring there gear, or show up
    Then get there gear and tell them to take a hike.

what about when 1 of the explorers show up with out an uniform for like the 3rd drill in a row? we cant really do anything but tell them to have it on next time.

Permanently Removed

Originally posted by dfdex1

Cement,thugs,pier,alibi..........

I got the cement and there shoe size, now i need some thugs and a good alibi

Default Baghdad bob now sells alibi's

"....Explorers???? What explorers , I have not seen any explorers, they havent shown up to any meetings how could I keep track of them? There are no explorers you adviseor infidels!!!! I hit you with shoe !! The explorers that dont exist commit suicide at the gates."

Forum Member

We have a little thing called a 60-foot long semi truck turned into four floors of confined space.. "fun", especially when you don't show up.

Default Idiots

When I first joined the fire department we had 7 explorers on the department.... Now 2 1/2 years later than is only 1 on there becuase the others didn't do **** and the chief got tired of it so he booted them at monthly meetings or sometimes on his own... I am 8 days away from turning 18 and I can't wait to get on that state roster and get out of that JR. Firefighter crap

if they dont show up we just say hey why werent u there? but lately we have had some communication problems.

Permanently Removed

Well problem sorta fixed, kinda, cuz one of the juniors just dropped out.

IACOJ Agitator

Originally posted by Kvfcjr
    oh, well i sent them both emails warning them
    Out of curiousity, what authority do you have to send them "warning" letters?
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Permanently Removed

I'm the Vice president, so i'm sorta incharge of the proby's

IACOJ Agitator

Ok, so you are the vice-president of the Juniors...I ask again...what gives you the authority? Where is it written down?
    IACOJ Agitator

MembersZone Subscriber

If you are a junior how can you be the Vice President of the Juniors. I would think that this position would hold with it some legal responsibility and athority.

Permanently Removed

Well ya know how some jr programs have junior officers, such as Lt, Cap. Cheif, ect, well we have President, VP, Sect. Tes. and QM.
    The VP does all the proby triaing and such. PLus, i know them better than the other guys, so they'd be more comfortable in getting it from me, its my job anyway.

IACOJ Agitator

Airborne, the Juniors in my FD have executive positions of President, VP, Secretary, and Treasurer.

Pretty much the President is in charge but has no real authority, VP handles attendance (tracking only), secretary records minutes, and treasurer handles money (ok...only reports on how much money they have...we don't let them touch it! )

However, the only group of people who have any authority to send letters regarding attendance are the people who serve on the Board of Directors. If someone else in our FD sent out a letter on their own, especially a Junior, they would be in some deep feces.

So, I'm wondering under what written authority does our Jr friend here have to send letters to people. For all I know, his department might have a rule but he hasn't explained it except to say that he's the VP.
    IACOJ Agitator

Thread Information