Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Second Mutt Charged in Firehouse Break-Ins

Second Man Charged In Thefts Of Fire Gear
    May 17, 2003
    Staff reports

A Wallingford man turned himself in Friday to face charges in a string of thefts from volunteer fire departments, police said.

Jason Carabetta, 19, of 9 Crystal Lane, Wallingford, turned himself in to State Police Troop F in Westbrook. He was charged with third-degree larceny by possession and released after posting $5,000 bail.

He is due May 27 in Superior Court in Meriden to answer the charges.

Sgt. J. Paul Vance, state police spokesman, declined to specify what items were found in Carabetta's possession, citing the ongoing investigation into firehouse burglaries in Connecticut.

Police said the items in Carabetta's possession were taken from firehouses in Marlborough and Salem.

James Michael Chapman, 25, of Meriden, was arraigned Monday on a felony larceny charge in connection with fire station burglaries in at least six communities.

Authorities allege Chapman stole firefighting gear, medical packs, portable radios and lights from an emergency vehicle.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

I was wondering when @sshole number 2 was going to surface. The orginal Haddam break-in involved two people.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

HE prolly relized how much of an idiot he was for stealing fire equipment useless to the public!

Temporarily/No Longer Active July36's Avatar

I wouldnt doubt if all that stuff didnt show up on Ebay for sale...cuz there had to be a motif.

Donna C
    Fire Chief
    Bridge Canyon VFD
    http://cms.firehouse.com/dept/SeligmanAZ

They didn't sell it anywhere (Believe me, I was hunting for it like a hawk on eBay.)

Their motive was "I wanna be a firefighter so I'll just take their's." The first moron's lawer said he was "just borrowing it".

Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Thumbs up Tea Leafing--Thieving

The old jail punishment for "Tea leafing" still carried out in N.Z jails?---Place offenders fingers in cell door jamb--slam door . This informs offender that what he is doing is not P.C . The screams prior to and after the correctional steps are taken will warn all that--if you thieve--this will happen. Love,Peace and happiness to all.
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Thread Information