Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

jmerril...

Where did you go?

hmmmmm.....

FyredUp

MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb

I am not a sales person so here is my opinion, Toyne makes a good unit there are a small company. Pierce makes a good unit, not as good as they used to since Osh Kosh bought them my opinion. I would not buy a Sutphen we have two they are junk, e-one's seem to rust quicker. all the others I have not used so don't know. Oh yea Peter Pirsh and sons to bad they are no more is good
    GFIRE

Forum Member

jmerril....

If you would read my posts you would see that I am not a sales rep, factory rep, or manufacturer of any fire equipment of any kind. I am a career firefighter in a medium sized Wisconsin city and a volly FF in a small rural community.

I have no axe to grind with Toyne. My problem was with your less than honest approach. I would have had much more respect for you if you had told the story originally that you eventually told. Plain and simple you are a sales rep, you hid that fact until you got caught by someone who knew who you were.

By the way my choice would be a brand new Mack CF if they were still made!!

FyredUp

Forum Member

Hey! What happened to all of jmerrils posts?

hmmmmm............

FyredUp

Forum Member

Maybe the ole WT came though for us again. Maybe they deletd them because he tried to hide the fact that he's a salesman for the company. Just goes to prove my point that you need to be up front and honest........

But then again, he's a salesman........

Default Berkerle Engine

Dave Fornell stopped by the other day with the Toyne destined for Danbury Eng 9. HME SFO Chassis with a rescue body and through the tank ladder rack, also included a tunnel for a stokes as he told me that Eng 9 is spinning up for RIT activities. Neat little buggy, they call it the Alleycat.

Forum Member

Citadel...

I have no beef with Toyne. The problem here was a guy who came on here and pretended not to be a salesman until someone called him on it.

I have taught with Dave Fornell and I respect his opinion. If he said it is a good rig...then I believe him.

FyredUp

No apology needed. What'sizname hijacked the thread and created the problem. Lost the focus on the original question. I worked with Dave on the FETN Company officer series, lots of fun even if it was during the last week of July.

Forum Member

I have no experience with Toyne here in Michigan. I don't know if they (Toyne) has any deliveries here in the state.

Thread Information