Forum Member

Originally posted by jatkins7011
    #1--Side of the road tree facility
    LOL... reminds me of a story (not fire related) of a long road trip, no facilities for miles and a horse trailer! Need I say more.

Anyway, thanks for the replies everybody. At least I now have an idea about how best to handle a situation like this. Hopefully I will be one of those that doesn't need to until back at the station. But with my luck...

I've got a good laugh out some of the more amusing posts. LOL...

Take care all and be safe

Darcy

MembersZone Subscriber

We were operating at a structure fire one night. We were in the defensive mode, just hanging around on hoselines dumping water on what was left of the building. All of a sudden one of our guys came charging around the corner of the building. I asked what was the matter as he ran past me. He said "I've gotta p---!! He ran past us a little ways where he thought it would be safe and proceeded to take care of business. AS his eyes adjusted to the dark (remember he had been staring in to the bright fire) he realized that there was a crowd of spectators standing there watching the fire and more importantly him!! A couple of the female spectators must of had pity on him because instead of pointing and laughing they let out a couple of cat calls and whistles. Needless to say he hasn't lived this one down!!!

This reminded me of a fire that my dept had a few months before I joined a few years ago. They had a fire in a warehouse/office building, the fire was thought to be in the warehouse away from the offices, so one of the officers of a mutual aid company decided he needed to go #2, while he was on the throne, all was fine and well until he said it was getting a little warm, and looked up to find the fire rolling in the space above the drop ceiling... He'd probably crap himself, but he seemed to have already done that

Forum Member

in my younger years I would dash out the door ............but now if it is in the middle of the night I stop @ the ol loo and get er done ...... on scene I can maybe only recall once or twice at the MOST I have ever need to go "find a tree" also good to check with some compatriots so you all arent walking where you are whizzing ......as for #2 .......... I dont even want to think about that ...........not good .......definetly not good .......
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

This seems to be a universal issue. Our new squad has a toilet in it. Just like in the trailer with a holding tank and all. Doesn't take much room, but is a huge relief.
    This is of course only my humble opinion, but then again, its likely the only one that matters.

Forum Member

Recently heard over the radio oh-dark-thirty in the am...

Dispatch: Request for rescue to respond for a...
    733: 733 10-8 to the scene.
    644: 644 10-8 to the barn.
    629: 629 is 10-8.
    Dispatch: 629 are you going to the barn or to the scene?
    629: First I'm going to the can, then to the barn.

One thing I learned early on about taking to a tree, don't forget how much reflective tape there is on your coat! Even though you may be in the shadows and a good distance from the scene, you can still be seen!
    ______________________________ __________________
    If you are new to posting please CLICK HERE for an essential lesson
    A bad day in the boat is better than a good day in the office. And in my case the office is a boat!

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

I have a story!

Let's see, we had a head-on auto accident with a semi and a little toyota pickup truck. We had been waiting for like 4 hours for the Electric company to arrive because the semi hit two poles, taking 'em both out. So waiting with nothing to do after the situation had been cleared up. And cautiously doing our bisness because it had just unloaded gas down the road. And had fumes and all that good stuff flying around. So we had to be careful, and low and behold, nature called. So I take a light and headed out to a bush off of the roadway and let it rip. Needless to say that cured my "urge". And everyone that was in the accident survived!
    Last edited by MFD901; 05-28-2003 at 07:09 PM.
    -JLS

Captain of the MFD Explorers

Previous Board Name: MFDExplorer51

Dispatch me and I will come!

901-711-51-1051

Climbing Monarch Place to honor the FDNY in full pack and gear with the Hatfield Gang!

Talking

HMMMMM

I like the porta-potty trailer attached to the chief's car reply the best!!!!
    www.hatfieldfire.org
    www.cornerstonecafe.net e soup

Permanently Removed

how about a walk-in rescue, with a little bathroom in the back, like on busses.

Forum Member

Originally posted by Kvfcjr
    Pit stop?, hell, i'm out the door before the tones even done!, lol

Why does that not suprise me?

But I have never needed to go while riding. But the truck I ride does have toliet paper in the engineers compartment.
    Last edited by explr985; 05-30-2003 at 09:03 PM.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

Originally posted by explr985

But the truck I ride does have toliet paper in the engineers compartment.
    Now that's the best "tool" I've ever heard of being carried on a truck, think I'll try to get it started around here, just in case!

Its rare that I need to go while riding to a scene, usually its on the way back. Now that I think of it, the road is almost always rougher on the way back too!
    If you are new to posting please CLICK HERE for an essential lesson
    A bad day in the boat is better than a good day in the office. And in my case the office is a boat!

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

Forum Member

I've use a tree in town at a pratice one night, someone else just went out in the open(it was a little dark) and at another incident I went out in the open in the country, but if you do this make sure you zip your pants, because I didn't notice until I had taking my gear off and had walked around for awhile.
    Firefighter/ EMT-Basic
    Proud Soldier in the Iowa Army National Guard
    GLT 11/25/2005

All Gave Some
    Some Gave All
    Never Forget the Sacrifices Made

These are my opinions and not those of my dept.

Thread Information