Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

Default Florida's 'Click it or Ticket' Campaign kicks off today.

Today in Florida, the annual Click it or Ticket campaign kicked off. The campaign focuses on those who are pulled over for an offense and are not wearing theyre seatbelt. You will receive a ticket if you don't have your seatbelt on. The ticket costs $60 and no points are added for it. The commercial states that 'Florida is serious. We're going to save lives.' I think that they are full of crap. I know how many people here in Florida are. They do not wear theyre seatbelts. If they are pulled over and ticketed for not wearing the seatbelt, they will just take off the belt a few miles down the road.

Hopefully the campaign will get parents to strap theyre children in properly, but I doubt that it will get older people (16+) to change theyre rediculous ways of not wearing a seatbelt. I always wear mine...

What are your feelings on the subject?
    Last edited by Firefighter1219; 05-19-2003 at 08:18 PM.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

i think the campaign is a good idea... Pennsylvanaia kicked off their campaign this week i think. personally, i wear my seatbelt all the time cuz after you're accustomed to it, it just feels awkward w/out it. plus it's better than flying through the windshield.

Default SAFETY MY BOOTY

Less State revenue = More tickets and the corresponding fines that accompany said tickets.

Thread Information