Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Few Questions

Default Few Questions

I have a few questions:
    1. What college should you go to if you want to be an EMT?
    2. How many years should you go for?
    3. What type of classed should you take?

MembersZone Subscriber

1. Where do you live? Trenholm Technical College in Montgomery offers EMT classes, also UAB in Birmingham, the Fire College in Tuscaloosa and I am sure there are more, those are the three in my area.
    2. That all depends on how far do you want to go. EMT-Basic, or Paramedic? EMT Basic is usually one semester and you can sometimes get off campus courses taught at a fire department. For Paramedic the requirements are a bit more. Paramedic is four semesters and you are required to have College Math, English and Anatmomy and Physiology. It would be a really good idea to contact a counselor or advisor at the college you choose to go to so they can tell you exactly what you need.

3. OOPS, I think I already answered it. Like I said, contact your advisor at the school you choose and not to offend you but if you are still in high school check with your counselor there, they should be able to point you in the right direction. And finally good luck in your schooling!

Thanks for all of your help. I will ask my conselor at school,but next year. I'm out of school. Also I live in Prattville.
    Thanks again

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Man,
    If your thinking about going to college for a fire or ems degree.....think Eastern Kentucky University. EKU remains one of the top schools in the nation for this area. Students come from all over the US to attend. They have many option to choose from fire investigation to ems. Check it out at www.eku.edu.

FFQuinn

Thanks for the info man. I will check it out.
    later,
    litfroggie

Thread Information