Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Temporarily/No Longer Active July36's Avatar

Default 2 minor complaints...

Theres 2 minor complaints alot of people have about the site itself...
    #1 is everytime you go to a new section you have to log in again.
    Why not have a general login link on the front page?
    I have found that when I go to the forums...I have to login...then when I go to the chat...I have to login again.

#2 has to do with the chat...

Whenever poeple suddenly get disconnected(like the usual case in dialups) from the internet...it takes so long to get back in the room...a popup comes up saying "another user is using this handle,please choose another one"...but the problem is is you cant choose another handle unless you open another account.

Any ways to fix these?

Thanks,

Donna C
    Fire Chief
    Bridge Canyon VFD
    http://cms.firehouse.com/dept/SeligmanAZ

Administrator

is everytime you go to a new section you have to log in again.
    Why not have a general login link on the front page?
    I have found that when I go to the forums...I have to login...then when I go to the chat...I have to login again.

- Sounds like you are having a problem with cookies. If you save the cookie on your machine, you would rarely have to login directly on the page.

#2 has to do with the chat...

Whenever poeple suddenly get disconnected(like the usual case in dialups) from the internet...it takes so long to get back in the room...a popup comes up saying "another user is using this handle,please choose another one"...but the problem is is you cant choose another handle unless you open another account.

- YOu just need to wait a few moments, close your browser window, and reload it. Its a security feature that prevents you from flooded chat. If you close your browser entirely, then go back in, it should take just a few minutes. It is true we prefer users to have only one account.

Thread Information