Temporarily/No Longer Active

Default Summer Fire programs

I posted this the Mass. forum but it got no hits.

Are there any classes,activitys,camp type things for explorers that are avaliable at the Mass. fire academy or something similar?

Thanks
    -dfd

Permanently Removed

I'm going ot one hear in CT at the CT fire acad.

IACOJ Agitator

They host a week of training for explorers/juniors here in Connecticut. Obviously it would be a little bit of a treck for you...probably around 1.5 - 2 hours (possibly longer)
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

bit of a treck for you...probably around 1.5 - 2 hours
    Yes, but you dont know how bad I want to see some action,this bit it getting pretty chomped on. I pray MFA has something,I really do. Do you know about some classroom type things or something at the MFA,well not maybe not adze but gonzo or hfd,you guys know of anything??

IACOJ Agitator

Actually, you are too old to take that program...14-17 y/o's. You can take FF1 in CT if you cannot in Mass.
    IACOJ Agitator

MembersZone Subscriber

Adze, I live in MA, and Iam 15. Could you give me some info ont he MFA program? Like how to enroll, when it is, and how much it costs. Thanks in advance.

IACOJ Agitator

I can't give you info on the MFA program, but I can give you info on the CFA program.

Go to http://www.ct.gov/cfpc/lib/cfpc/2003cadetweekend.pdf for a brochure.
    IACOJ Agitator

MembersZone Subscriber

Adze, are you sure MFA has one, theres nothing about it on their site. Thanks for the info on the CT one, I printed it out.

IACOJ Agitator

Originally posted by doug55579
    Adze, are you sure MFA has one, theres nothing about it on their site. Thanks for the info on the CT one, I printed it out.
    Dude...check your glasses! What in the blue ____ are you talking about? I never said the MFA has one.

You said "can you give me some info on the MFA program". I said "I can't give you info on the MFA program"...that's about as close as I came to saying something like that.
    IACOJ Agitator

I looked into one at Fairhaven MA, thats a 2 hour drive. The one in Willimantic will be a 2 hour drive as well so thats a draw.I hopeing Gonzo replys to that email cause I really got to find something alot closer,MFA would only be a 45 or less minute drive for me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Jeez Adz take it easy I missread it. dfdex, Iam in the same boat as you, I don't want to drive to Connecticut, MFA is much closer, but I don't think they have anything. What is the deal with the Fairhaven one you mentioned?

Call 508-997-9210-ask for kevin. He said its mostly free accept for the live fire part and its on Tuesdays and Thursdays., but you gotta be sponserd by a dept.
    Last edited by dfdex1; 05-23-2003 at 04:53 PM.

But if your only 15 I would gate back a little on takeing a FF-1/2 class and get some expierince with your post and start building some "crust" before hoping right into a academy class.

MembersZone Subscriber

Iam not an explorer, theres no such program around here. However the Chief and Captain allow me to ride out on calls, and I have been doing so for 3 years. I do not want to go to Connecticut, that is a long course anyway. I feel ready for this, and I think I could get sponsered.Is there anyway I could email Kevin, or is it just better to call.

I believe the CFA cadet program is for juniors/explorers associated with a CT department only. The brochure is online and there's a great pic on the front of it. Check out the chic in the back row with the yellow helmet with goggles on it . Yeah, you know who that is... That was from the spring break class and considering that it was only 3 days long and we all had a ball, the 5 day summer program should be that much better (and ya get to go to the chief's weekend at the Big-E in Springfield).

Permanently Removed

Yea, I'm going ot that one this summer. So adze, whats this i hear you might be there?

I have no clue about MA programs. But in NY, there is two weekends slated at the NYSAFS for explorers. I doubt that helps you. But just throwing what I know into the ring.
    -JLS

Captain of the MFD Explorers

Previous Board Name: MFDExplorer51

Dispatch me and I will come!

901-711-51-1051

Thread Information