Thread: drugs in the fd

Question drugs in the fd

I have a question about steroids in local volunteer depts. i have heard rumors of firefighters useing them in several different depts. around my area but b/c they are volunteer they do not give drug tests. do you think that if someone suspects it that that person should be submitted to testing? thanx

IACOJ Agitator

I have mandatory drug testing, even though I'm a volunteer.

If you suspect someone is using drugs, you should report it to their supervisor. Suspected drug users should be drug tested for illegal substances. Remember, your life might depend on these people!
    Last edited by Adze39; 05-23-2003 at 11:12 AM.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Temporarily/No Longer Active

your life might depend on these people!
    Yes and it not a good idea to be on a line with FF(wannabe) Beef E. Cake and have his ticker explode while tighting the nozzle on the hose.

If you (or your friends) going to lift,do it drug free like me--why would you want to compromise your chance at doing the best job in the world? Besides dont you value your ba**s???

IACOJ Agitator

Originally posted by dfdex1

Yes and it not a good idea to be on a line with FF(wannabe) Beef E. Cake and have his ticker explode while tighting the nozzle on the hose.

If you (or your friends) going to lift,do it drug free like me--why would you want to compromise your chance at doing the best job in the world? Besides dont you value your ba**s???
    Translated for those who speak English:

Yes, and it is not good to be on the line with a FF who dies while inside a building because of drugs.

If you are going to lift weights, do it drug free like DFDex1. Why would you want to mess up your chances of getting a FF job (for those who want to become career FFs). Besides, haven't you heard what steroids will do to your testicles?
    IACOJ Agitator

Forum Member

Adze- LMFAO! How did you know I was thinking the same thing?!?!?

Talking

We're here to... PUMP... YOU... UP!!!
    Fire service survival tips:
    1) Cook at 350...
    2) Pump at 150...
    3) When in doubt, isolate and deny entry...
    4) When in trouble, claim lack of adult supervision.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by dfdex1

Can you take steroids if you haven't reached puberty yet?

District Chief

No place for drugs in the fire service period...that is the bottom line.

The only exception is taking the ibuprofen after dealing with the rookie for a whole shift!

Now Now George...leave Dfdex1 alone... He is making a valiant effort to be a positive contributor. He's come a long way baby!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

I took steroids once...........Prednisone for a hellish case of Poison Ivy! (prescribed of course)

Sorry about that I couldn't help it. Seriously though I agree completely. The fire service is no place for drug users. In my area it's really hard to enforce a drug policy as we are strictly voluteer in my county, and to be honest regulations are pretty loose. It is however written in our bylaws, and if we suspected someone and pushed the issue, we would be in the right to take diciplinary actions. I would glady submit to testing if it was required though (and funded, of course, always a stickly subject in the non municipally supported vol. ranks) and would question the motives anyone who refused testing. Just my opinion, and for obvious reasons I hope.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by TrojanHorse
    I would also suggest that the same is true for those who smoke and those who are over weight. Let's face it, they are a huge risk as well.
    After viewing posts for several months here now, and seeing the fury this comment has made before, I think there are a lot of 300lb FF's who are gonna be looking for you. I hope you're quick.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

IACOJ Agitator

Originally posted by mcaldwell

After viewing posts for several months here now, and seeing the fury this comment has made before, I think there are a lot of 300lb FF's who are gonna be looking for you. I hope you're quick.
    Hey! I resemble that comment!
    IACOJ Agitator

Thread Information