Thread: Wyoming LODD

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wyoming LODD

A 16 yr old female Newcastle (WY) Fire Explorer was killed last night (Thursday) when the water tender she was riding in rolled over and pinned her underneath as they were responding to a fire.

This incident is still under investigation. Further details regarding the incident and memorial services will be sent when available.

Campbell County Fire Department, Wyoming State Forestry Division and the Wyoming State Fire Marshals Office are providing assistance to Newcastle and Weston County
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

My condolences to the family of Anndee Huber and to the Newcastle VFD.

Here is the story that ran on the local news today. The circumstances of this accident are tragic.

Associated Press

(Newcastle-AP) -- A 16-year-old volunteer firefighter was killed when the fire truck she was riding in rolled over.

Anndee Huber was a volunteer firefighter in Weston County. She was thrown from the truck when it veered out of control and rolled over south of Newcastle last night.

The Highway Patrol says 46-year-old Ron J. Caillier, of Newcastle, has been arrested for allegedly driving under the influence. The patrol says additional charges are pending.

Caillier was treated for scrapes and bruises and was being held without bond in the Weston County jail.

The patrol says neither Caillier nor Huber was wearing a seat belt.

Stay Safe
    IACOJ

District Chief

Unhappy With Deepest Sympathies

My heart goes out to the family Andee Huber. Any loss of a brother or sister firefighter is too much. But the loss of a young adult in their prime, on the edge of a career is a senseless tragedy.

My deepest prayers and thoughts go out to the family and to the department as you greive the loss of this young lady.

May God Bless all of you!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Default a lost in the family

my hart goes out to the family and friends of anndee huber i am a junior firefighter as well and saftey is the number one rule here with all are junior firefighter's it is ashame that she lost her life at a young age remember saftey is the number one rule going and on the fire ground
    charlie mood jr
    pennsville fire & rescue

Sr. Information Officer

Unhappy

I extend my heartfelt sympathy to the family and friends of Anndee Huber. May the good Lord comfort you and give you peace.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Best wishes from the Minisink Hook and Ladder from Goshen New York. We all wish you the best through your trying times. If there is anything we can do, just let us know.

Ryan Osborne
    Firefighter

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

Our heartfelt condolences

All of us with Twisp Fire & Rescue would like to send our deepest sympathy to the family, friends and community of Anndee Huber. Though we never met she is family to us all. May her spirit live on forever.

Sheila
    Twisp Fire & Rescue

Default Thank you from Anndee's Family

To all who have sent their condolences:

I am Anndee's older brother and I know I speak for the entire family when I say thank you for your words of encouragement. Her firefighter family extends throughout this great nation. Your words have encouraged and strengthened us all. Thank you.

Kevin Huber

MembersZone Subscriber

To the family, friends and classmates of Anndee Huber:
    Please accept my heartfelt condolences for the loss of this remarkable young lady. Though we will never know how brightly her star would have shined, with her short life on this Earth, she was able to accomplish more than many at least twice her age.
    She will be in our hearts and memories. God bless her and God bless the family.
    Sincerely,
    Art Goodrich
    Chief Ret.
    Last edited by ChiefReason; 05-26-2003 at 08:43 PM.
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Administrator

Keep posts here to condolences only.

THANK YOU
    WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber

May the Lord bless and be with the family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. God Bless
    William Palmer
    Ovid, NY Fire Dept.

My condolences to the family and friends of Anndee Hubner.May God comfort you and give you strength in this time of sorrow. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Rest in Peace little sister.
    Last edited by greywolf1; 05-27-2003 at 12:26 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to the Family and Friends of Our Fallen Sister.

No words may comfort you, but know that she will NOT be forgotten and she has her boots next to the Bravest of the Brave.

343 NEVER FORGET

As the former captain of Fire Explorer Post 1666 in Ashburn VA and as a fellow firefighter I express my deepest condolences to the family and also to the brothers in Firefighting of Anndee Huber. Anndee's family can be found across our nation and across the world; the brotherhood of firefighters is proud to have called Anndee one of its own. I want her family members to know that her death will always be remembered in my heart and in the heart of every member of my department and my post. The members of Ashburn Volunteer Fire Rescue salute you.

FF G. Deukmaji
    Virginia Tech

Default Explorer LODD

On behalf of the Brothers and Sisters of the Green Valley Fire District we offer our deepest sympathy to the family and friends of Anndee Hubner. May God comfort you and Bless you.

Captain Ken Shultz, Explorer Coordinator
    Captain Ken Shultz
    Green Valley Fire District,
    Local 4125
    Green Valley, AZ

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

i have a memorial page for Anndee at:http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&GRid=7492979 if somone would want to put a picture up on her memorial page, please do.
    Last edited by maverick1862; 05-27-2003 at 02:08 AM.
    "Have you forgoten, when those TOWERS FELL, we had neighbors still inside going through a living hell"

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

My heartfelt condolences go out to Anndee Huber's family, friends, and Newcastle VFD. This is such an inexcusable loss...she never even had the chance to make it where she wanted to be. When I was 16 I too was in an Explorer post and it meant everything to me. Its hard to lose a sister because there are not a whole lot of us out there...especially short ones =o). May God bless her and everyone who knew her, and allow them to make it through this terrible time.

I totally agree with captstanm1: "Any loss of a brother or sister firefighter is too much. But the loss of a young adult in their prime, on the edge of a career is a senseless tragedy."

~*~never forget 343 FDNY 9*11~*~

You know youre a Firefighter when...you roll around in anything that just burned to make your new gear look old.

My heart goes out to the Andee's family and firehouse family. I wish I could say something to make this time easier for you, but there really isn't anything. My son was a jr firefighter from Brookhaven Pa, who was hit by a car on his way to a call. His death was a year ago but seems like yesterday. The death of someone so young, someone who was doing good, does not seem fair. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Andee sounds like a beautiful young woman. Be proud of her!

Forum Member

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you,
    It is a terrible tragedy to lose a family member especially when they are just getting a good start in life.
    Sounds like she was a real go getter.
    We will miss our sister firefighter.
    Capt Tyler Sitzer
    Weiner Vol Fire & Rescue Dept, Weiner, ARK

Forum Member

Washington Parish, La.-Land of the crawfish, cajun food, and the baddest Fire/ Rescue Department in the Parish!! Dist. 8 Fire/ Rescue's Dragonslayers!

Unhappy To the Family of Anndee Huber

My heart is saddened to learn of your loss. I know that you are proud of Anndee as her family, but know that I and thousands of firefighters across our great nation are proud of her as well. Though we may not have known her personally, we know her spirit, courage, and enthusiasm for it runs through us all. We are one united in our joys and sorrows, and always know that as a member of THIS special family you are loved and she is loved. Rest in peace dear sister firefighter, and may God bless and keep you and all who knew you as well.
    Captain Mike Sharp
    Washington Parish Fire
    District #8
    Home of the Dragonslayers
    since 1994!!
    ----------------------------------------
    Man hath no greater love than this; that he lay down his life for another.

Forum Member

Our deepest thoughts and condolences go out to the Huber Family and the Newcastle VFD. We pray that her memory is everlasting and the family and dept. may overcome this tragedy.

Farina Volunteer Ambulance Service
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
    www.helpingourown.com
    "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

MembersZone Subscriber

Our hearts were saddened to learn of another fire fighter's death in the line of duty...especially one so young with so much promise and life yet to live. Our prayers are with all who knew Anndee, especially those who served with her on the Department.
    To Anndee's family, my deepest condolences to you. You have a nation of fire families to mourn with you at your loss. None more dedicated than those in your own town. Don't ever be shy about asking them for help, or any of the rest of us, no matter where you travel. You will always have our un-dying respect and we will not forget those who made the ultimate sacrifice. May God Bless you and your family.

Kent Smock
    Fire Chief
    Evansdale, Iowa

EvansdaleFD@mchsi.com

Default Our hearts and prayers to you

On behalf of myself and all the members of the Susquehanna Fire Company #1 in York Haven PA. we wish to extend our condolences to the family of Anndee and all the members of the Newcastle VFD. It is a tragic thing when we lose one of our brother or sister fire fighters, our prayers go out to you. May you heal from this great lose and be able to move on with you lives, never forgetting what you have lost and the special times you have had.

Brian Snelbaker
    2nd Asst. Fire Chief
    Susquehanna V.F.C.
    York Haven, PA

MembersZone Subscriber

On behalf of the South Amboy Fire Department & the South Amboy First Aid Squad, of South Amboy, New Jersey we offer our deepest condolences. You, your friends and family are in our prayers.
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

MembersZone Subscriber

For anyone from Newcastle Fire, family and friends that read this, in all sincerity my heart goes out to your loss. I was overcome with a sense of loss and the brotherhood in firefighting was made even stronger for me. Rest in the Lord and know that He is in control.

These things are hard to accept, but God is holy and He knows why this happened. Trust that He will sustain you through all this because He has promised that He will. It is impossible for God to go back on His promise, you just have to let Him do His work. Give your anxiety to Him who created the heavens and the earth and is in control of the entire universe. May His peace that surpasses understanding be with you always.

Because of Him,
    Mike

1 Peter 5:7

Thread Information