Forum Member

Default LODD's involving highways

Does anyone know about how many Emergency Responders are killed or injured while responding to calls on roadways by traffic?
    I blew my lid today at some vehicles that were driving through an accident scene with members working to stablize the incident & patients. I'm thinking about writing a letter the the newspaper editor educating our deal citizens & motorists...

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

MembersZone Subscriber

I think you'll just have to search the LODD I haven't seen anything that breaks it down well.

Don't forget the Police they loose a lot more in traffic then we do http://www.aphf.org/thechief.html has a lodd section also.

Forum Member

Thank you. By Emergency Responders, I'm looking for Police also. I'm sure the numbers are greater then we'd like to know...

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Forum Member

You can write all the letters you want. It won't change the fact that 90% of the motoring public are MORONS. Impatient, not paying attention, or just plain oblivious to what is going on. The only thing I have found is REALLY good traffic control measures. Tactical placement of apparatus & lighting, a ton of cones and flares, and wand lights and maybe even stop/slow signs. Never assume anything. Some people, no matter what you do and how many traffic devices you have, some people will make an effort to kill or injure you (at least it seems that way).
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Thread Information