Thread: Need advise

Forum Member

Wink Need advise

I'm 5' 8" 210 lbs was 220 aiming for 190.
    have been eating less and jogging / walking. Now mostly jogging and the same distance is getting less time to do. The question is what should I try to keep my heart rate at, and for how long to burn the fat?

HEY THERE.
    IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. GOOD WORK SO FAR. KEEPING YOUR HEART RATE AT YOUR TARGET RATE INVOLVES EXCERSIZING FOR 20-30 MINUTES A DAY AT LEAST THREE TIMES A WEEK.ALTERNATE LEGS AND ARMS AND CARDIO IN YOUR WORKOUTS. THIS HELPS TO GIVE YOU A ROUNDED OUT WORKOUT.

Forum Member

Default Tops!

By far the best overall longest lasting weight loss program is Weight Watchers. They have a simple point system that if you follow will get you in your weight range. You can learn more about physical agility training from www.firefightersworkout.com

I receive nothing except the satisfaction if you benefit from these programs.

Captain Bob

www.eatstress.com
    Last edited by CaptBob; 05-28-2003 at 12:41 PM.

Protective Economist

Default Re: Need advise

Originally posted by GPM123
    I'm 5' 8" 210 lbs was 220 aiming for 190.
    have been eating less and jogging / walking. Now mostly jogging and the same distance is getting less time to do. The question is what should I try to keep my heart rate at, and for how long to burn the fat?
    Most exercise programs recommend that you be at 60-80% of your "maximum heart rate" for 20-30 minutes. MHR is generally defined as 220 less your age. This gives you the most aerobic benefits. Walking, jogging and running all burn the same number of calories. Since you are covering more distance, you should go for time (say 25 mins). The running and jogging, though, strengthen your cardiopulmonary system.
    Last edited by firemanjb; 05-28-2003 at 11:46 AM.

Forum Member

I have been following the points some what. They help me identify side dishes that i can load up on. If I'm always hungry this isn't going to work for me but if I can load up on the FREE food
    ( 0 points) then I'll be ok. Supper time is the worst time for me and a drink of rum on weekends.

So.. after reading the replies I have found that if it now takes 13min to do what used to be 25 min, then i have to make my route longer.
    Thanks
    GPM

Thread Information