Thread: Trouble makers

Default Trouble makers

I am looking for advice about an issue in our department. We have 2 firefighters that are new ont eh department and they do nothing but cause problems. They are constantly crying to our town board, spreading false rumors and just making a nice rural department nothing but a tense and unsatisfying atmosphere. This department is a great department I have been on 6 years. The firefighters I serve with are what I call awesome at what they do. Now we have this. I want to make recomendation that these certain firefighters/first responders, be relieved of there service because of these matters. I would like to hear comments on this issue to help decide what action I should take.

Were they voted on? Then vote them off.
    What happens in the firehouse, stays in the firehouse.
    If someone new comes into the department and has an idea about changing something, I'll give it a listen and even a try. If the idea works and we do a better job, its a positive for the department.
    If someone comes in and is causing rifts in the membership and making false acuzations ( sorry for the spelling), its time for some serious @ss chewing and even removing the offenders from the department.
    Just make sure you follow department guidelines and document everything!

MembersZone Subscriber

What about taking them behind the fire house for a "discussion"?

Do you have a probation period for new recruits? If so that makes things easy as long as they are still on probation. the department that I belong to has a 6 month period some departments in my area have 1 year probation periods. If this was in my department they would be gone very quickly. just make sure that you document every thing as Vollie4life said.

FIGJAM

Volunteer or paid?

If they volunteer- then thank them for their time!

If they're paid, then surely there is a proper channel to address these sort of issues?
    Luke

Thread Information