Exclamation Recommend Boots?

Boys I'm looking at purchasing some new boots. Any prefrences?
    "Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for hs brothers".

Firefighter of the Future

"There's no use sending a FF to hell, he'd just try to put it out"

"We're the one's walking in when everyone else is running out"

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pro Warrington!!

I have two pairs of Pro-Warringtons, and I love them. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Good Luck in your search.

Patrick

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

I'm with Patrick631 on this one, I love my pro-warringtons and would never wear anything else. I have the 10" w/zippers, but i never use the zippers. I'm looking into getting the new 14" model. But i would definitely go with PRO-WARRINGTONS

Temporarily/No Longer Active

I prefer the ranger firewalker.I have tried both the 8" zippered and now i have the 14" pull up leather boots. I like the 14" better.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

I am on my second pair of 14" warringtons,had my new pair for about 3 years now. My first pair lasted almost 9 years (not much leather left on the toes though. Also wear 8" zippered pair for fire investigation. Have found nothing warmer or more comfortable.

VINTAGE FIREFIGHTER:
    The older I get the braver I was!

MembersZone Subscriber

Pro Warrington Fan Here !!

I wore a pair of 8" Black Diamond Zip-Up's for years. Decided I would rather go back to a full bunker style boot. Bought me a pair of PW 5000's and haven't looked back
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Permanently Removed

Originally posted by N2DFire
    Pro Warrington Fan Here !!

I wore a pair of 8" Black Diamond Zip-Up's for years. Decided I would rather go back to a full bunker style boot. Bought me a pair of PW 5000's and haven't looked back
    2 questions....

How do you deal with the zip ups? like a regular bunker boot stays in the bunker when not in use, what about the zip ups, seeings how ther're smaller

and also, about you new pw5000's, where, and how much?

District Chief

Try Tradition Footwear. They are even in your area. www.fireboot.com

They make a great leather pull on and zipper boot as well as wildland boots and station footwear.

In my opinion far superior to other on the market.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have 2 pair of Black Diamond boots and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I tried a few other brands and found these to be lightweight and more comfortable than the others. Any type of leather boot will run circles around the traditional rubber boots.

Boot Height: 14 Inches

Upper Midsole: 2.2mm thick rubber midsole is strong but flexible

Lining: Cambrelle quilted to layer of 300g Poly felt with Gore-Tex Crosstech membrane

Footbed: Removable Body Cushion insert with poly suede cover

Tibia Protector: sponge rubber, strong but flexible

Steel Toe: HI 500 steel toe

Steel Midsole: Stainless steel

Steel Shank: Double ridged steel/chemlock coating

Outsole: VIBRAM 1275 aggressive rubber lug outsole

Pull on Loops: Leather, combined to 10 oz. for maximum durability

270-0972$235.25
    Last edited by PFD109NFD107; 05-29-2003 at 08:13 PM.

Forum Member

Lion Apparel Fire Hunters

Lion Apparel

MembersZone Subscriber

PRO Warrington is by far the best I've used.

Kvfcjr
    How do you deal with the zip ups? like a regular bunker boot stays in the bunker when not in use, what about the zip ups, seeings how ther're smaller
    I currently use the PRO zip-up style. They're set up just like if I was using regular bunker boots. Only real difference is that once I'm finished pushing my bunker pants down, I don't have 6 or 7 inches of boot top sticking out.
    Mark
    Firefighter / Paramedic
    IAFF Local 10

MembersZone Subscriber

I kept mine in the gear bag w/ my Turn Outs - pulled on the pants - then stepped into the boot's and zipped em up. Was O.K. unless I had to dress out in the rain. Hard to take off shoes - pull on pants - step into boots w/o stepping on wet ground

... about you new pw5000's, where, and how much?
    www.thefirestore.com and I don't remember - ordered them in Dec (as a late Christman present to myself) but they were the lowest price on pw5000 I could find at the time.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Permanently Removed

Ok cool, thanks guys

I would like to comment:

In today's fire service one pair of boots just can't do it all. Why should you wear a structural entry boot to medical aid calls? The trend, from a risk management stand point is wear a station boot, something that is comfortable, steel toed and easy on & off. When responding to a stucture call, wear the appropriate turnout or bunker boots. In our section of the country we require a wildland boot for the urban interface incidents.

I have been very happy with my Redback station boots, for the 95% time I'm not in turnouts. As for turnout boots, I have to recommend the HAIX leather boot. Try this combination, your back will be healthier.

www.redbackboots.com
    www.lionapparel.com

Be safe,

Hootman

Default station boots

Yea I already have a pair of station boots they get the job done great for first responders etc. I have to say if youre looking for a station boot,I would recommend ROCKY as a brand. Comfortable, easy in and out and (zip up).
    "Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for hs brothers".

Firefighter of the Future

"There's no use sending a FF to hell, he'd just try to put it out"

"We're the one's walking in when everyone else is running out"

District Chief

hootman.....how much do you pay for the redback station boots?

You ever tried the TRADITION BOOT, which to me seems to be much better quality that HAIX and comparitbly priced?

www.fireboot.com
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Talking Station Boots

Capt Stanm1 and recommenders,

I spoke with the fire rep at Redback and he discounted the steel toed slip ons to $120.00. I know its seems like a lot of duckets, Redbacks should last three/four years according to the guys in San Diego Fire who I talked to. I could blow through a pair of Redwings in 8 months. I spoke to the rep concerning the Aussie website-BEWARE those boots are not ANSI certifed. I have been in my boots for about 3 weeks now, what a difference! Comfortable right out of the box, we ran 13 calls last shift and my feet felt great and my back did'nt hurt. The slip on boots look a little funny but the utility of not having to lace /zip makes sense.

www.redbackboots.com

Be safe,

Hootman

Default Almost forgot

Capt Stanm1 and recommenders,

I held a Tradition boot in my hand at FDIC West this past feburary in Sacramento-Made in Italy, great fit and finish. They have a lot of the design features of the HAIX 14" turnout boot, I'd give them a try.

$269.00 for the HAIX- The Tradition guy would not give me a quote for their boot.

Be safer,

Hootman

District Chief

$225 around here for the Tradition. Come with two different insoles to provide for better comfort and have different features than HAIX. The sales dudes now have cut-a-ways to show you comparison of features and comfort as well as construction.... Superior to all I have seen so far.
    BMI Investigator

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Warrington Pro's

I have been wearing Warrignton Pro boots for the last 15 years, and would highly recommend them. I wear a zip up station boot as well as the pull-on bunker boot. I think that they provide superior protection. On one occasion, I was in a particularly hot fire in which we had to crawl down a long hallway with a layer of hot embers from the collapsed ceiling on the floor. Two of my crew members were wearing Ranger leather boots, and I was wearing Warringtion Pro's. My two crew members recieved serious 2nd degree burns on their feet and ankles. I recieved burns on my legs above the boot line, but none on my feet. I think that this attest to the superioriy of the Pro's. My only complaint is that they do not provide great arch support. This can be rectified, though, by inserting some Dr. Schols arch supports or something similar.

Forum Member

We use the Crosstech leather pull-ups and we are having a real problem with the liners separating and coming out with your foot. The distributor told us that they had corrected the problem, but some of the new ones that came in still do the same thing.

Forum Member

gettin ready to try the Servus leathers .........will let you all know ..........
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Question

has anyone tried the Thorogood boots? I was looking at the 14" structure pull ons and thinking about buying a pair.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think it depends on what you are doing. I prefer leather pull ons they are more comfortable to my feet, than rubbers. Yet when it comes to decon rubbers are better. If you do have leathers you need to maintain them, includes polishing them. Helps keep water out as well as protects. I have had rubbers and they are easier to maintain and clean. But they are uncomfortable, they don't have as much support. Hope this helps.
    D.NELSON
    NREMTP,NAEMT, FF2
    Horry County Fire/Rescue
    Myrtle Beach, SC.
    FRATERNAL ORDER OF PARAMEDICS

Thread Information