Permanently Removed

Default Warning systems on POB's and POT's

Ok, i know there are some of you out there that have them.

So whose got there bikes and or tractors rigged?

Temporarily/No Longer Active

not me, but i have seen the lights for the bikes in the galls mag.

Nothing on the bike but that which is required by law. Small red strobe (the kind ya get at HomeDepot checkout lines) on the back of my helmet so I don't get run over. Don't know why you would want to rig up a bike, seeing as all but foot traffic will blow right past you anyway. Just go for the defensive measures so you don't get killed, ride safely, use crosswalks, obey traffic laws. That should about cover it...

Used to respond via bike before I had a license. Don't let the adrenaline kick get to you and always be aware of your surroundings; not every motorist will see you and disregard for traffic laws will get you killed or seriously injured. Oh yea, always wear a helmet. I'm on my 4th skid lid now... which means they've saved my skull three times now. Broken bones and scraped knees will heal, serious head injuries won't.

Forum Member

No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Permanently Removed

Originally posted by explr985
    Whats up with you?

Honestly is that the only reason you people get into the fire servicece is so yall have teh red lights and siren on you POV's/POB's/POT's??? Its rediculous. People claim that they cant see the big red truck with lights all over it and siren, what makes you think they're gonna see youo little car??? Much less a bike or a tractor??? Yall need to get a grip. Even though I am a junior firefighter I hate coming into these forums because all it is is whinning cuz you cant run lights or cant be issued gear or cant do things at calls. Get over it. Believe it or not I dont run lights nor do I live close to my station but I still make it to calls in plenty of time to help out a little even if it just rolling hose and I dont drive like a bat out of hell either. Yall need to get a grip and get over it because no matter how much you whine you're still not gonna be able to run lights or get gear or do the things you want to be able to do at calls until your no longer considered a jr firefighter/ explorer. Thats all I ahve to say about that.
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

Forum Member

Originally posted by Kvfcjr

Whats up with you?
    Ok, if we are to learn about the Fire Department, how do we if all that is ever done is red light talking. WE do not need red lights, so why do we always talk about it? But to the question, I DO NOT LIKE STUIPDITY!!!!!

IACOJ 2003

Permanently Removed

ok ok ok, go in to the off duty section and read the thread "warning systems on POH's" thats the only reason i posted this, to humor them.

Forum Member

OK KVFCJR, I owe you a appology. I thought this one came first, it did'nt. Sorry.

IACOJ 2003

Permanently Removed

ahh its cool bro

MembersZone Subscriber

No offense KVFCjr but why post things if you know its gonna cause an argument? Then you wonder why the older guys make fun of you and bash you the way they do..Like everyones told you many many times already, THINK BEFORE YOU POST. The older guys may know you are only kidding, but obviously to others, your making yourself look silly.
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Permanently Removed

Originally posted by Kvfcjr
    ok ok ok, go in to the off duty section and read the thread "warning systems on POH's" thats the only reason i posted this, to humor them.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey E One Tiller,

Here is an interesting concept. Those lights in the galls catalog are usually used for police bike patrols. Why the he!! would an explorer/cadet need lights on anything, except maybe a flashlight on a coat? It makes no sense. Maybe someone could explain it to me.
    Proud member of the IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-egh
    *** These are my opinions, they do not in any way reflect those of my department.***

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Hey E One Tiller,
    Here is an interesting concept. Those lights in the galls catalog are usually used for police bike patrols. Why the he!! would an explorer/cadet need lights on anything, except maybe a flashlight on a coat? It makes no sense. Maybe someone could explain it to me.

what the hell are u talking about? all i said is i have seen them, i never said i have them or im going to buy them. and ff631 i already knew that but thanks for the info.

Thread Information