Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Helmet

Default HELMETS..I NEED HELP

WHATS THE LIGHTES (CLASSIC) HELMET ON THE MARKET?...AND WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THE BEN FRANKLING 2 PLUS.

MembersZone Subscriber bolivas203's Avatar

Thumbs up Bullard - The Firedome UST

This is just like my helmet only mine isn't quite so clean.

Although this is only the second helmet I have used, I haven't had any problems w/ it. My first helmet which was used through academy was a recycled/hand-me-down piece of crap. It did the job, but sure was great to step up to the Firedome UST after graduating academy. Everyone in my Dept uses the Firedome UST after graduating academy. There is no other option and I have not heard any complaints yet....
    Stay alert and be safe.

Forum Member

Rescuepimp, you said you were going to post a pic of new helmet. Where is it?????
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey try the fire store. I just bought my 1010 helmet from them and it only cost me $148.00. They are haveing a sale right now.
    12/5

Originally posted by CaptainMikey
    Rescuepimp, you said you were going to post a pic of new helmet. Where is it?????

I don't know if you noticed or not, but Rescuepimp posted that post in 2003.
    Jaime
    No longer an explorer-
    Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
    KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
    I shed blood for my ruggers.
    <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
    www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 880

Hey For the person that asked about the 880. My first issueed helmet as a senior firefighter 8+ years ago was a 880. I like it and still have it. It is light and small. How ever I use a Ben Plus 2 I got from a friend and it is just as good. Just a little more weight and height.

Leather is a way to go, loved mine when I had it. Its now some where in PA near Chambersburg.

But my recommendation is this. If you plan on buying your own helmet. Don't go with what the cool fashion is. Go to a store if you can or any attack school. Try on several different types and makes and makers and models. Because in the end it is your head and neck using it. And if you comfortable in a TT then get one. If you feel better in leather save and get it too. You can alsways get a good tradition style helmet and save for the leather.

My thoughts.
    Thanks
    DM

Forum Member

Leather Forever!
    Firefighting is not just a job, its a way of life........
    IACOJ

SORRY FELLAS, NO TIKI BAR HERE!

Thread Information