Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 911 Signs

Forum Member

Default 911 Signs

We are planning to sell 911 address signs to help identify the rural residences in our district. We have been searching the Internet and making inquires for a reputable supplier for the signs. Has anyone done such a project and where did you buy the signs? Any information would be appreciated.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

We have recently started a similar program. We are having better success than I imagined. Try www.interstate911.com click on reflective address signs. These guys have done an excellent job with their website and are really easy to work with. There is a link on the site that breaks down your profit potential. The number is on the site but I will give it to you also. I have been talking to Brad at 800-344-0528. Good luck and if you have any questions just let me know.
    Matt Griffin
    Chief
    Eastern Chilton County Division of Fire, Rescue, and EMS, Station 91.

MembersZone Subscriber pcfdcap1's Avatar
    finally getting ready to start the new station

Dakota Fire did their district a few years ago. We are probably going to do it also. The ETSBs of Carroll and Jo Daviess County did their whole counties thru grants. I can have the companies used by the end of the weekend. Because of liability issues, we were told to sell the signs to the individuals and they had to put them up, otherwise you would have to call JULIE for each hole dug for the sign post. At the time, Dakota bought the signs for $10.50 and sold them for $15.00
    I'll have more later.
    Every silver lining's got a touch of grey...I wiilll get by....

Proud to be IACOJ Flatlander Division

We did this project and we used www.interstate911.com

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

80, We've been doing this for a couple of years. We buy the sign blanks w/ reflective sheeting already on them and then stick the numbers on them ourselves. We sell them for $15 and make $10 on a sign. I'll send you their number and our costs, etc. when I get a chance.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

Thanks for the help!
    After searching the net Interstate Signs was the only company I had found with good information about there products and services. I was trying to find if anyone had experiance with other companies. Looks like most have done business with Interstate. I have contacted them to send more info and a sample sign. If anyone still has a favorite company besides them please respond. For those that worked with Interstate Signs how hard was it to apply the numbers on the blank signs? Any problems with alignment, spacing, or wrinkles of numbers?
    Thanks for the help
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Our explorer post is doing that to raise money. They buy the blank ones and put the address on each one, and then install them. I do know that they have to call Julie each time that they install them using a new post. Most of the time they are able to use the mail box post.

Good Luck!

Patrick

It's not that bad applying the numbers, however getting the guys to help you is were we ran into problems, it was like anything else, they all think it is a good project but when it comes time to do them no one is around.

MembersZone Subscriber pcfdcap1's Avatar
    finally getting ready to start the new station

That's pretty typical of any organization. Be it fire dept, Jaycees, lions club, legion. 22 members and 8 do most of the work. Then if something goes wrong, one of the other 14 bitches about it.
    Every silver lining's got a touch of grey...I wiilll get by....

Proud to be IACOJ Flatlander Division

MembersZone Subscriber

80FIRE, the interstate co signs are great to work with, they come with number templates for two, three, four and five number addresses, just make sure you follow the directions that come with them for applying the numbers. You have to dip the number in soapy water to allow for manuvering the number on the sign, one of our members attempted to skip that step and once you put the number on the sign without the soapy water it is there. Good Luck!
    Matt Griffin
    Chief
    Eastern Chilton County Division of Fire, Rescue, and EMS, Station 91.

Thread Information