06-09-2003, 04:15 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 1999
- Vadnais Heights, MN
Fuel cell vehicles, the future soon?
Heres a good link to piece on fuel cell vehicles.
Notice that all these vehicles carry a 5000 psi tank of hydrogen. I hope they make the cars out of fire proof material!!!
06-18-2003, 05:43 PM #2
Burning or Deformed?
Here is the Canutec page regrarding Compressed hydrogen.
FIRE OR EXPLOSION
· EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE.
· Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
· Will form explosive mixtures with air.
· Vapors from liquefied gas are initially heavier than air and spread along ground.
· Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back.
· Containers may explode when heated.
· Ruptured cylinders may rocket.
Any thoughts on how one might approach a burning or severly deformed car with 3600 PSI hydrogen tanks hidden somewhere inside?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)