MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb I need help designing a tattoo, please.

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to decorate myself with tattoos. Ever since 9-11, I knew that I wanted my first tattoo to be a tribute to the fallen heroes of FDNY.

I wasn't able to come up with a design until last night. I was watching the show American Choppers on the Discovery Channel last night when I knew what I wanted the tattoo to have in it. I saw the number 343 being painted on one of the fenders and I knew that it should be in the center of the design.

I was thinking that the design will start with a maltese cross. In the top there will be the word "In". On the left there will be "Loving". On the right there will be "Memory". On the bottom there will be "FDNY". In the circle in the middle there will the numbering "343" with flames coming from it. Under the number will be 9-11-01.

My artistic abilities are very limited, so I was hoping that some of you could give me some sugguestions as to what colors and styles of letters I should use. Please feel free to make any sugguestions that you think will help me in the designing of this tattoo. Also let me know if I should add to or change the words.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

MembersZone Subscriber

FIGJAM

Awesome link!

There are some amazing artists out there, and some of those are so inspirational....
    Luke

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for posting that link, brother. I am going to use one of the designs from that site, but I will use my own wording.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

District Chief

I hesitated to post a responsefor fear of the return response...but here goes...

When you get a tattoo it is something you will have forever unless you have it removed...(a mess)..

Therefore you have to design it yourself and do what you think will be something that you will wear forever. Using other sites for ideas is great. But no one else can tell you what to wear.

I also took "strike the box" site and drafted ideas off of it. Then I took it to the tattoo place I picked and gave it to the artist. He said what I had designed was too "busy" and took everything I had and re-drew it. When he showed it to me I was amazed. I loved it and had him put it on my arm. It was a tribute to our 343 brothers of 09-11 and included a bit of american patriotism as well as a replica of my Leather Cairns. I love it....

I suggest you do this also. Ask the artist for his honest opinion of what you draw and ask him to "fix it" for you. I had mine done in a place in Clearwater Florida and recommend the guy to anyone who wants to get one that is in that area.

I thought Respectfrmcalgary was going to return mine to me so I could post it on here. Was having trouble and sent it that way for duplication...but I never got it back.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

I thought Respectfrmcalgary was going to return mine to me so I could post it on here. Was having trouble and sent it that way for duplication...but I never got it back.
    Your Arm?!?!?!?!

MembersZone Subscriber

I think I have a winner. I am going to use the basic design of the drawing that I did, but I'm not sure about the colors. I will incorporate the axes and the flames from the existing tattoo, the banner will be an American flag, and the grey towers I drew will look sort of like the towers on the other tattoo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

District Chief

No artie...not my arm... Let me try again.... I was trying to post my tattoo on a thread way back when and it would work....(I am stupid that way sometimes) and respect said to send it and that when I get it returned I could post it...... Make sense now...???
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information