Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MembersZone Subscriber

...Rest now Brothers, you did your job today...

Deepest condolences to the families and our MFD Brothers and Sisters from Washington Twp. Fire & Rescue, Lucas County, OH.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

My deepest prayers and heartfelt condolences to the fmilies of these 2 brave men and to the dept where they readily served. Rest in peace.

code_blue81
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
    www.helpingourown.com
    "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Unhappy

May our Lord provide peace and comfort to the families of our departed brothers.

NJFFSA16
    Last edited by NJFFSA16; 06-17-2003 at 12:29 AM.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Unhappy Condolences

Our thoughts and Prayers go out to our brothers and sisters in Memphis and to your families in your time of need. Brothers you have answered your call, now rest in peace and my God watch over your families.

Yet again our Brotherhood has fallen victim to tragedy. Let us all remember the families of those lost in Memphis, and of course remember those brothers in Memphis who are left behind to continue fighting fires. Once more we are reminded that Father's Day can become a sad memorial like any other day, however our sadness as brothers can never compare to the sadness felt by the children who will never again celebrate Father's Day. Let us keep in our thoughts and prayers the hope that next year, and in the years to come, we will all have a safe and happy Father's Day.

On behalf of the Officers and Firefighters of the Belltown Fire Department, I extend our deepest sypathies and our heartfelt condolances to the families of the fallen. May they rest in peace.

Alan Shaw
    Firefighter
    Belltown Fire Department
    Stamford, CT

Default LODD

From all of us here at the Jefferson City Fire Department, our thoughts and prayer are with the family's of all fallin firefighters.

MembersZone Subscriber

1)I hope the federal government will seek the same penalty as for the death of a police officer in the comission of a felony.

2) I hope the families of these brothers find peace and all the support they need at this tragic time.

3)I hope we will learn from this concerning the reaction of a Type II building with light weight truss roofs and sufficiant fire loading to fire impingment. 5 minutes at the most, if you have to enter (as they did) put water on the steel trusses, freeze it in place, and maybe buy yourself some time.
    Make your weaknesses your strengths

On behalf of the men of Louisville Engine #6, we offer our condolences and prayers to the family and members of the Memphis F.D.

Sincerely and respectfully submitted,

J.T. BASS
    LOUISVILLE, KY

Temporarily/No Longer Active dfdex1's Avatar

Unhappy

May our departed brothers be taken into Gods hands and rememberd in our hearts and minds as they will be in there familys hearts every day.

MembersZone Subscriber Halligan's Avatar

My sincere condolences go out to the families, friends and coworkers of Lt. Trent Kirk and Firefighter Charles Zachary. There are no words that comfort you, but they died doing what they loved to do. There is a special place in heaven for heroes who risk their lives so that others may live.
    "Never mistake knowledge for intelligence; it is like mistaking a cup of milk for an entire cow."-Thomas Jefferson

I.A.C.O.J. Member and F.A.R.T.'s local 4 founding member

Mama said she only raised one fool.....Hey wait a minute I'm an ONLY CHILD???

Default They are Heroes!

To all of you I say how sorry I am to hear about the loss of two very special people. Recently, we, on the coast of Oregon, had just experienced the loss of three men who lost thier lives in November on a structure fire. This was due to an illegal installation of a kiln.The men who installed it are facing criminal charges as well. Please support each other and stay focused. We all have a job to do. Dont let your team fall apart for any reason. You are all very special people and do things that most people wouldn't have anything to do with what we do. Please give our sincere sympathy to all the families and that they are in our prayers. Before going on duty at anytime, dont forget to tell you families how much you love them.
    Please take care and please be very safe.
    Sincerely
    Dann Barnes
    Assistant Fire Chief
    Lakeside Fire Department
    Lakeside, Oregon

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

Like most, I too was thinking of the 3 in NY that died two years ago, and prayed that they would be the last. I hope that fathers day doesnt prove to be a deadly day for our family. I would like to extend my condolences to my brothers and sisters of the Mephis FD and to the friends and families of Lt. Trent Kirk and Pvt. Charles Zachary. Youre in our thoughts and prayers. Once again it is proven how dangerous metal/steel trusses really are. I hope that justice is served.

Is it me, or does it seem like firefighters die in spurts? Nothing will happen for a while then all of a sudden 3 will go within a few days of eachother. Its really sad. =o(

*~*You know you're a female firefighter when...you dont worry about your butt looking too big in bunker pants.*~*
    {{NEVER FORGET THE 343 FDNY and 12 NY EMS}}
    Last edited by LASVEGASFYRGIRL; 06-18-2003 at 02:56 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy Memphis Firefighters

From all of us at the City of Biddeford,Maine Fire Dept,we offer our sincere condolences. We have had 3 line of duty deaths over the years and our heart goes out to the MFD and your families. We are thinking of all of you. Your heroes are now among an elite group, they are indeed in very good company. God bless.

Ricky A. Plummer
    Chief of Department

On behalf of the Marlborough Fire Department and Local 1714, our sincere condolences go out to the families, friends and coworkers of Lt. Trent Kirk and Firefighter Charles Zachary.

Requiescat in pace, fraters...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Please Except Our Sincere Condolences And Prayers For The Loss Of Your Fallen Brothers'. Our Prayers To Their Spouses, Children, and Family Members. God Bless You All

Todd Pease, EMS Coordinator/FF
    Fire Protection District 2
    Springfield, LA

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Unhappy Update on LODDs

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - The widow of a firefighter who died in an
    arson fire at a Family Dollar store has filed a $6.5 million
    wrongful death lawsuit against the store, the Memphis Fire
    Department and the maker of a self-contained breathing apparatus.
    Lt. Trent Kirk and Pvt. Charles Zachary, both 39, were killed
    June 15, 2003, after rushing into the burning store where a
    civilian was wrongly believed to be trapped inside. Kirk died at
    the scene from extensive burns, while Zachary died from smoke
    inhalation the next day.
    Anthony Paul Shaw, a manager of the store, is charged with
    setting the blaze. He is awaiting trial on federal arson charges in
    which a public safety officer died. If convicted, he will face life
    in prison or death.
    In the lawsuit filed in Circuit Court, Donna Kirk said her
    husband's death resulted in part from the store's inadequate
    staffing and inaccurate floor plan; an ineffective radio
    communication system and rescue plan by the fire department; and an
    inaccurate 30-minute rating on a German-manufactured air tank.
    According to the suit, the Dragerwerk company should have
    cautioned that the tank would provide air for about 10 minutes for
    a firefighter of Kirk's size, 6-foot-2 and 275 pounds.
    Authorities say the fire was set by Shaw to cover up the theft
    of money from the store's safe.
    ---
    Information from: The Commercial Appeal,
    http://www.thecommercialappeal.com

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

APTV 06-09-04 0110EDT
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Exclamation

Every one knew that this was coming. It is not unusual for families to sue after a member is killed in the line of duty. Usually someone, the department or a piece of equipment may have been at fault.

Exclamation May God Bless Those Families

On behalf of the Satsuma Fire Rescue & Jackson Fire Departments,we send our most sincere condolences to the Mephis Fire Dept. and to the Famlies who lost love ones in this tragedy.May god give you peace and understanding to deal with this matter.
    I think that they should diffently go for the death penalty for this blaten act of murder! That manager had to know he would put lives at risk! They out to burn him to death just like he did to LT. Kirk

REST IN PEACE OUR FALLEN BROTHERS

"GREATER LOVE HATH NO MAN,THAN TO LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIENDS" JOHN 15:13
    Last edited by smitdog232; 06-11-2004 at 06:28 PM.

Thread Information