Thread: Meters/monitors

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Meters/monitors

What are other departments using to monitor the invironment when responding to CO alarms, odor investigations, etc..?

Thanks in advance

MembersZone Subscriber

I've used a few different types of monitoring equipment. MSA makes a few, one specifically for CO, the other that I have used it called the Passport II. I'm not sure if they are still making that model, but I'm sure the newer one hasn't varied much. It'll give you 4 meter reading. Percent Oxygen, Lower Explosive Level, CO, and usually another gas of your choice. I've also used a Quest. Not sure of the model number, but that one is good because it uses regular batteries. So there is no recharge needed. Also, I've used a draiger. Both the draiger and the quest had the same set up as the MSA.

MembersZone Subscriber

We are using MSA FiveStar Alarm, mulitigas meter; MSA PID (photo ionization detector)on known chemicals; MSA Detector tubes; MSA Model 261 Combustible Gas Indicators and O2 Alarm (phasing out), and; MSA Model 62 Gas Scope for percent gas and LEL.

Yeah, we like MSA. Primarily because it is easier for us to stick to one manufacturer.

MembersZone Subscriber

Has anyone used a Scott Scout for monitoring air? What did ya'll think? We are looking at a O2, CO, LEL and H2S (we have gas wells in our area). We have gone on a few CO calls and haven't had a device to monitor the air... had to wait for the gas company or another department to bring out a detector. It comes with either Lithium Ion batteries or can be run off 3 C-cells. Which do you prefer? We are an all volunteer department and have had trouble keeping batteries fresh.

Have a safe day

Tony Ray

Training & Safety Officer
    Bremond (TX) VFD

FIGJAM

Check out BW Technologies - they're from Canada I believe.

Have used them a fair bit and love thgem- very easy to use and very good pricing....
    Luke

Thread Information