MembersZone Subscriber

Default EMS jobs in and around Chicago

I am taking an EMT-B course and was curious if anyone had any information about what kind of jobs I can expect to get with the basic, and which companies would be best to apply. Thank you for any information or advice.

MembersZone Subscriber

scanlon1969
    There are several private companies you can work for as an EMT. Try Superior or Trace for starters.
    You can also apply at most fire departments if you plan on becoming a FF/EMT.
    Do you plan on moving on to paramedic?
    Good Luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

We last conducted prep classes for the Chicago Fire exam in 1995. The next test should be in the next 9-12 months. Being an EMT will probably get you extra points on the next exam. They average hiring 400-600 firefighters from each exam. I would call the Chicago Fire Dept.(312-744-6666) every month to keep updated on the exam. Good luck!!

Since 1950, Don McNea fire school has prepared over 40,000 fire applicants with our entry level seminars and products. Go to our website at www.fireprep.com and register for our free fireprep e-mail newsletter.

Our newsletter contains free information helpful exam strategies covering the complete testing process.
    You will also will be entered in our weekly drawing for a free copy of our Encyclopedia of Firefighter examinations and Psychological audiotape or CD exam prep.

You have nothing to lose and you will only increase your chances of obtaining the
    best job in the world. Click on our website below to enter. Good luck!!!!
    www.fireprep.com

Thread Information