Default Pa Blue Light registration

Hi. I am looking for a place to register my blue light. Can anybody help me. I am in Pa as stated in the title. Thanks. Mike F.
    Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
    Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
    Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Forum Member

Your Chief should have the forms which have to be okayed by a local official and sent to the local State Police Barracks.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

Default Other than My Chief?

Is there another place other than my chief that i could go?

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Forum Member

Obviously there is some hidden reason why you don't want to approach the Chief on this matter.

He is the boss, he has the power to give and take away the blue light. It is a privledge, not a right to have one.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

Forum Member

Hey, let's give a brother the benefit of the doubt, or ask him a question. Could it be there's a conflict there, or the chief isn't easy to catch up with, or some other reason than malicious intent? We ARE talking about a firefighter here.

~Kevin
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Regardless of whether or not Dragonfyre is correct about hidden agendas, he is correct about the rest...in PA, the department Chief, and ONLY the department Chief, can issue courtesy light ("blue light") permits. There's no getting around it, either.

Default Thanks

Thanks guys for all of your help it is really appreciated. Mike F.

Thread Information