Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Do you march in parades?

With the thread about uniforms going around, I figured I would ask if you guys actually wear dress uniforms and march in parades? if so, how often? if you don't have dress whites, and do march, what do you wear?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Temporarily/No Longer Active dfdex1's Avatar

No.

Forum Member

no thats why they made trucks so we could ride on them. Thats the higher ups idea anyway.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

We dont march in Parades only our Honor Guarad does which consists of four of our Department members, the rest of us guys just get on the trucks..

Hmm not to change the subject or anything, but can anyone tell me whats wrong with this picture. Look at the date.

Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Originally posted by FF41230
    no thats why they made trucks so we could ride on them.
    I know others who say that and I hate that argument. Sure, you are supposed to ride on trucks...on the way to a call.

Parades are a way of showing pride in your department and you march to make your department look good. Riding during a parade is just lazy.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Temporarily/No Longer Active EoneTiller's Avatar

yes we march in parades jr's wear their class b's and senior members wear their class a's.we are marching in the 4th of july parade.if there isnt enough people to march then everyone will just ride in the trucks.

Forum Member

Default March?

We try to march. But we do it so unfrequently that it is more like uncoordinated walking. Juniors march in Class b's firemen, and limited duty march in Class A's.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

We are in parades but we don't march we ride in the trucks. We do were our uniforms. Which are our blues. if we don't wear those we just wear our explorer t shirts.
    Carrie Hagen
    CGFD Explorer
    HealthEast Paramedic Explorer
    medicgirl532@yahoo.com
    fireboop3125@firehousemail.com
    carebear3125@hotmail.com

**FireFighting not recommeded for mere mortals **

Bump 'N Grind
    Firefighting
    Get your hose out,
    Put your rubbers on,
    And get 'em real wet!

Firefighters
    The Few...
    The Proud...
    The Insanely Brave...

Default Yep

Yes, we do march in Parades, we have our own seperate uniforms. The Seniors wear coats, we dont, our pants differ a little, we have our own badges, but from a far, the only thing you could tell that we have different from the Seniors, is the coat, or the lack of one perhaps.

We march 10 feet behind them too, if ya want to know the specs. for the actual marching.
    IACOJ

Default Truck

I ride the truck in the parades out of town. But I direct traffic for the our towns parades.
    Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
    Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
    Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Westville Does but only at the New Jersey State Convention Parade. This year we are not going to do anything. We wear Class A unitforms while marching.
    Rob aka Squinty

The Fighting Seventy-Third

Westville Fire Department
    Gloucester County
    New Jersey

Thread Information