Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Talking Something From The Lighter Side Of Life...

A couple of days ago we were talking about a young firefighter from LA who borrowed a ladder truck to propose to his girlfriend. Today we have.....

Cook, Server Order Up Matrimony At Diner

POSTED: 4:30 p.m. EDT June 24, 2003
    UPDATED: 9:12 p.m. EDT June 24, 2003

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2291051/detail.html

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- They're a match made in the kitchen.

Jenine Defiel and Richard Mitcheltree exchanged wedding vows at the St. Paul diner where they both work.

Mitcheltree has been a cook at Mickey's Diner for 18 years and Defiel is a server.

The two were married after Defiel ended her shift. The diner was packed with patrons and friends, who tossed rice -- uncooked -- at the couple.

After the wedding, Mitcheltree finished his day shift before the couple left as two peas in a pod.

Mickey's Diner is already in the National Register of Historic Places. In 1995, a dishwasher and a regular customer were wed at the diner.
    Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Was this voluntary or did the boss just refuse to give them the time off?

Hey Malahat,

I was just through your part of the world on my way to Tofino. Must be hard to focus on the road when you are driving that stretch of highway every day. Very nice!

(That's probably why you get all the good MVA's)
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Tis the season for romance and weddings. Best of wishes to the happy couple.
    Heather Helm
    FF/EMT-IVT
    NREMT-I Candidate
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS Division
    Fraternal Order of Paramedics
    Board of Directors

"It's all good"

Forum Member

Uhhh....Why Tofino? You get past Port Alberni and....nothing. I was born in Alberni and grew up in the area, still love going back there, especially Sproat Lake. Gotta love those Martin Mars water bombers.

MC went to Tofino for the only reason that any one would go there....
    "...Gone to see da whales mmaann....."

But about our area.... mmmm seem some nasty MVA's but about the only good ones I know are the ones that don't happen. You are correct about the scenery around here though, which is why I chose to move to the area... should see the lake just behind where we live.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

MembersZone Subscriber firechick76's Avatar

I know that place... I ate there when I lived in the Cities. It's an old train car or something along that lines. Very very small!! Actually it's been in a few movies. I think it was in one of the Mighty Ducks movies. The kids Mom worked there or something.

Good luck to the happy couple!
    The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn...

Originally posted by wyesguy24
    Uhhh....Why Tofino?
    Everyone should make a trip to that area. Amazing!! Just watch out you don't step on the tree huggers, they don't like tourists. Also, there was a surf competition in Tofino, and as I was visiting my little brother in Victoria, he really wanted to go up an see it.

Port Alberni was nice and we did stop for a tour of Sproat Lake (took all of five minutes). Cathedral Grove was good for a couple of rolls of film as well.

Next time I'm out, I'm definitely bringing the fly rod.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Actually Pfire and I took the kids up that way in April, as far as Port Alberni. We stopped at Cameron Lake for a picnic, but then the rain started so we headed for home.

We stopped in at Coombs on the way back, and had a stroll through the village market. There's a really great "Haunted" used bookstore there. The owner was really great... and was easy to "dicker" with too And there are carnaval rides for the kids a well. We were there for the better part of two hours, just strolling around.

We are planning to visit that way again sometime in the future.

Coombs??

Was that where they had the farmer's market with the sod roof and the goats on top?

That was good for a chuckle and a picture.

IACOJ

That would be da one... it almost caused Pfire to drive off the road the first time

Thread Information