Fires damage 2 homes; man falls 22 feet in escape
BY DIANA MOSKOVITZ
Two South Florida families are recovering from fires that ravaged their homes Sunday morning, including one man who fell 22 feet to escape a blaze in his bedroom.
The 30-year-old Pembroke Pines man was hospitalized after falling from a second-story window while escaping a house fire early Sunday.
The man already had made what firefighters estimate was a 22-foot drop before they arrived at 18451 NW 22nd St. in the Dimensions II subdivision, said David Raines, Pembroke Pines assistant fire marshal. He was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital.
At 1:24 a.m., firefighters were called to the blaze, which began in the upstairs bedroom where the victim was staying, Raines said. The man's father and his dog, who were downstairs, left the house unharmed after they heard the smoke detector.
Damage to the property is estimated at $90,000. ''At this point, we do not suspect anything that is suspicious,'' Raines said.
Parts of a Dania Beach home also were destroyed Sunday morning, leaving a couple and their dog searching for a new home, Dania Beach Fire officials said.
Investigators believe the fire at 1309 NW 10th St. began in a dryer and spread from there, officials said.
Firefighters were called to the scene at 7:42 a.m.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Broward County Fla--house Fires
06-28-2003, 08:17 AM #1
Broward County Fla--house Fires09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
"Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)