Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Question Hello from Australia

Hello UK!!

I am making initial enquiries about international exchange programs. I have not approached my department as yet as I was wanting to ask off the record if anything such as this is in place at the moment between Australia and The UK.

I am a FF of 7 years. My husband wants to come to the UK to work and I am not ready to give up the Fire Service at this stage, but, he is overseas this year and I am at home with the kids and still working and I am finding it really hard. I would not like to try another year apart, way too hard as the kids are only 3.5 and 22mths old.

I can get a visa through my English heritage so that is not a problem. I know one of our Firefighters have done this kind of thing to Canada as a trial. Not sure about the results and whether they found it worthwhile to their cause (because I am sure they would only do it for some benefit to them) I know he had to do a big report and presentation to the hierarchy.

Has anyone heard of this kind of thing happening in the UK?

Thanks to anyone that replies.

Aussiefiregirl

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Hi,

Not sure if you have done anything regarding this yet. Seeing as it was a few months back you first posted.

Anyway, Im in Cambridgeshire, and though I have never heard of anything over these distances, our brigade is trying to re-instigate a similar thing with a few cities in Germany.

The best thing would be for you to write or email the brigades themselves. If you want I can get you some HQ addresses for the surrounding brigades

Regards
    Gareth

Forum Member

Thumbs up Thanks

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your reply. That is a good idea, I will look into it when I know what we are doing. It looks like we would not be doing this till next year some time now. I think I will go through channels here first.

The distance is always a factor from Australia. We are so far away from everything. It is good in alot of ways though

Just thought I would find out if anyone knew if anything already existed between other countries. I am glad to hear that you guys may be doing it with Germany. I think it is great idea. We actually do it between states here. About the same distance I suppose.

Stay safe.
    AFG

Thread Information