Officials Call Kent Apartment Fire Arson: Started By Fireworks
POSTED: 2:36 p.m. PDT July 5, 2003
The Kent Fire Department said today it believes an
apartment fire in a public housing complex Friday night was caused by
Several residents say the blaze started after children in the
area had been throwing fireworks at each other.
22-year-old Tom Heib was visiting his girlfriend nearby and said
he saw a rocket fly through a window.
The blaze left 10 families homeless and caused about one
million dollars damage.
About 40 residents at the Springwood Apartments in the city's
East Hill neighborhood were evacuated. None of the residents was
hurt, but two firefighters were treated at the scene for
One two-story building at the complex was engulfed in flames by
the time firefighters got there, shortly after 7:15 p-m.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Started By Fireworks
07-06-2003, 06:42 PM #1
Started By Fireworks
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)