Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SFD_E73_RET

Thread: Precision Fire Apparatus - Any Comments

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Precision Fire Apparatus - Any Comments

Does anyone here have any experience with apparatus made by Precision? I'm interested in any information that's out there.

Also, has anyone used their "Command View" high side mount pump controls? Do you like or dislike them?

Thanks in advance.
    Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

Default President Union Twp. Vol. Fire Dept.

Precision is an excellent company. I have had direct contact with them for approx. 10 years. Our dept. was probably the second Co. to order the Command View Sidemount Pump Panel. I have used it on occasion and enjoyed the visibility it offers. However, it does not allow for the hands on of supplyline when pumping a hydrant. You have to watch your gauges unless you know the capabilities of the water source your using. A good feature is the fact that you are not rapped up in all the hose lines at your feet. They have made some improvements since we took delivery of our truck. I speak to Scott 2-3 times a year and usually spend sometime with him when he is in our area, we have talked at length about the upgrades. We have had some issues with the truck... electrical components, paint but they have taken care of everything in a timely matter. Some issues were addressed well after the warrantee had passed. Rest assurred Customer Service is very good. If you would like I can make the truck available to you to inspect. We are in New Castle, Pa. only twenty minutes from the Ohio line. I would personally buy another truck from them without hesitation!!!

Forum Member

Smile Fishing anyone?

For the fishermen and fisherwomen out there, they are on one of Missouri's best fisheries, Lake of the Ozarks.

Talking

As long as you don't have to deal with Trapper you'll be all right
    Trapper505 likes this.

Forum Member

Default Did Someone Say Fish????

I think someone said fish.....hmmmm.....

Anyways.....I believe there are MANY good "regional" and Smaller builders out there.....just be sure it can be taken care of after it is sold and delivered. Sourced service "typically" is a squeekiest wheel getss grease first....so if their dealer owns a service center with competant people....put your time into the spec UPFRONT - before the bid, get what your community desires, for a good buck and be sure that dealer has service..... Hell....they (Precision) are seriously less money than these Pierce prices I keep seeing....OMG! You must REAALLLLLLLLLY want a Pierce at the price of the GD things! The difference I see and hear from others would allow for the entire truck to be loaded with tools, hose and SCBA's!

This just may be the shortest response I have ever offered.....

Have fun, stay safe....and GOOD FISHING!

Fish

Thread Information