As Tarpon Springs Firefighters prepared to change shifts this morning they were dispatched to a working fire in an apartment over a business near the famous sponge docks of Tarpon Springs. Despite the fact that the fire was in the first due area of Engein 69, Engine 70 was first on scene with fire visible through the roof. Units attempted an interior attack but discovered the only access was via the roof. The fire was quickly knocked down, but the building sustained an estimated $100,000 in damage according to local news reports at 10:30 PM (Bay News 9). The cause of the fire is under invesitgation, but is believed to be started by a malfunctioning hot water heater.