Forum Member

ROFLMAO !good one Dal !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Just so you all can remember what this while debate is about and stop the joking I am attaching a picuture of our brothers and sisters after the ambulances carting the wounded away had left. Please keep them and the affected families in yor thoughts. None of the three injured returned to work...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

more...

MembersZone Subscriber

and the last...

District Chief

stm4710 No...dont think I meant u either....

OFD226 I do not think the majority of the posts here are directed at your department...except for the original one and those posted by that individual. No one takes light or makes fun of fireifghter injuries and fatalities. However, the replies in this post are largly directed at the initiater.
    Last edited by captstanm1; 10-18-2003 at 08:26 AM.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

I understand. My post was also directed more towards the initiator as well. No offense was taken, just want to remind people of the human side of the story...

MembersZone Subscriber

OFD226:
    The images that you have posted are very compelling visual reminders that even oblique references can raise emotions that have been dormant or at least held in a painful silence for some time. And there will always be the human factors. The emotional trauma of the event will be externalized through each other at the station houses, the funerals and memorials and on the anniversaries of the tragic events. And what will be left will be tucked away in the minds of those who witnessed it; to be painfully re-lived each time a trigger appears; a smell, a song, someone's laugh or a long forgotten piece of equipment that belonged to a fallen comrade. And no one who understands, takes it lightly; let alone disrespect it by being flippant. Life is too precious. Thank you for posting your images.
    The folks busting back and forth on each other meant no disrespect to your department or anyone's department for that matter. It was/is directed at someone that they have NO respect for. He takes each firefighter death and uses it as his soapbox to sell his trinkets in the form of advice. He is a menace to the profession and shows a total lack of respect for the emotional toll his insidious and ignorant rantings have on the ones decimated by the loss of a fallen brother/sister. This mutt has no business being even remotely involved with such an honorable profession. And that is the point of everyone posting here. It is a disgusting human being that uses these forums to post articles that might otherwise be carpetting the bottom of a birdcage.
    We will not hear from him again until there is another tragedy and then we will see his "see; I told you so BS" and then he will be gone again. Sad, but true.
    Gentlemen: let's say we go to "Off-Duty" and have some REAL fun with Larry the Troll?
    Take care and stay safe above all else.
    CR
    Last edited by ChiefReason; 10-18-2003 at 02:20 PM.
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Brother OFD226

As Chief Reason statd..this thread was not directed at the Oakland FD.

I think you know the character (or lack thereof) of the "one who shall not be named". The "one who shall not be named" looks at firefighter LODD's and looks to blame the firefighter first, then the company and the company officer when the biggest problem is a lack of direction from the Chief and upper echelon command staff.

He was once a Chief, so you can see why he hates firefighters so much....

I have more respect for a probie fresh out of the academy than I have for him.
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 10-18-2003 at 03:26 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Unhappy Within every tragedy

Within every tragedy is a learning experience.Whether we choose to learn from these experiences is up to each of us as members of the Brotherhood and individuals.Those who do NOT learn from the tragedies of the past are doomed to repeat them in the future.A little bit of me goes each time we lose another,this business wears on your soul throughout your career.The only way to stop tragedy is to actively seek out it's causes and proactively work to eliminate it's causes.Be ever vigilant,T.C.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

first off, texas doesn't claim him. it's just so big a state that it's easy to hide in and not be found. besides i thought he was from NV.

second, i think we ought to make a motion or something to cap a limit on how long a post can be, like a billion words or less.

third, GO COWBOYS!!!! but seriously, it should be a good game when dallas and washington go at it.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Well.........

Originally posted by RyanEMVFD

third, GO COWBOYS!!!! but seriously, it should be a good game when dallas and washington go at it.

It should be, IF the deadskins ever learn how to play feetsball. Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh GOOD.... no one is talking about the Raiders..

until they loose their fifth stright game tomorrow...

oh wait, i am supposed to be rooting for my home team, OOPS

District Chief

How bout dem BUCS?? Got to love em.... Home team or not...I despise the bucs... Not a 49r fan...but I was so happy!

I am with hwoods....one day the skins will prevail!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information