Thread: Q2A vs. Q2B

HNFC FF/President

Default Q2A vs. Q2B

I've got a question, hopefully someone knows the answer. What's the difference between a Q2A and a Q2B siren? besides the lettering

Why i'm asking this is because we have 2 engines that have Q's. One is a Q2A and the other is a Q2B. I don't notice a difference in sound.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Temporarily/No Longer Active

I noramlly dont post in these lights and sirens threads but try this link it may have the answer your looking for and then once you found the answer press ALT-f4 on your keyboard and hop on one leg and smack your self for bringing up another siren post.

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...ederal+q+siren
    Last edited by dfdex1; 07-15-2003 at 01:30 AM.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

mdoddsjffhnfc...

I went to the Federal Siganl website, www.federalsignal.com and I found no mention of the Q2A. There was a Q2B and a E-Q2B. The Q2B being mechanical, and the E-Q2B which is electronic.

If I were to make a ques I would guess that the Q2A would ne an earlier model of the Q siren but I have nothing to back that up with as I have never heard of it.

FyredUp

expvol
    Firehouse.com Guest

Who cares what it is called, as long as it sounds loud, cool and gets people out of the way fast.

Forum Member

The Q2A is just an earlier version and most of them didn't come with a brake on the, Hense the B in Q2B. However most departments installed an aftermarket Brake because without it there is a high electrical draw and it makes it hard to work or stand in front of the apparatuas when the Q is winding down.

Thread Information