Forum Member

Question Need a little info from the experts!!

From prior years or from this year How long after getting the 1199A form and sending it back has the six questions been? We got our 1199a request on wed 7/2 and still has not seen the questions!!

Getting a little worried in Alabama!!???!!???
    Last edited by BlueBird; 07-14-2003 at 07:12 PM.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I wouldn't worry too much. Last year the time delay was anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks. Right about now they're getting hit with requests for money and other such support issues on the first few rounds. Have to remember that there's only about 5-8 people handling all of this up there, so once the announcements got rolling, they're mighty busy.

Good luck, and congrats on the 1199A. I sense impending money on your end.

Brian
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

MembersZone Subscriber

Still waiting here too.. Got our 1199a on 7/1
    WPFD E1 - A squirrel's worst nightmare

MembersZone Subscriber

Correction... Just checked my email and recieved the 6 questions
    WPFD E1 - A squirrel's worst nightmare

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

We received the request to update the 1199A form on July 10, and sent the updated form to FEMA the same day. We received the 6 question on July 12, and sent our answers back to FEMA on July 14. And now we wait, the award notices could come today or next week or whenever. I think it will come sometime, I hope that they would not put you through all of this and then not award the grant. Last year we did not get the Dear John letter until just before the last round was awarded in December. But last year we never where asked to update the 1199A form and we never received the 6 question like we have this year. I hope this help's you in someway.

IACOJ Agitator

I just received an email this morning (7/17) for the 1199a form. The email was dated 7/10 (2893, not 2003) but the mail headers all say it went through FEMA's mail servers today as well.

I just sent it in via Priority Mail today.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Default 1199A Received

Good luck Adze39. I too received my email on the morning of 7/17. Maybe we'll see the six questions soon.
    Ira Brown
    ***'t Chief/NREMT-B
    Robert, LA

Forum Member

Wink

Just kept getting nervous!!!!

So I decided to give FEMA a call and check and see if they had received the 1199A that I had mailed and they were super nice and helpful!!!!! They have received my form and said they should be calling in the near future!!!

Still got our fingers crossed!!!!!!

How long did you guys wait for official notification, after receiving your 1199a and questions?

We received 1199a and questions last tues and wed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Still Waiting

We received the request to update the 1199A form on July 10, and sent the updated form to FEMA the same day. We received the 6 question on July 12, and sent our answers back to FEMA on July 14. And we have are still waiting.

MembersZone Subscriber

We recieved our request for paperwork around 6/26 and the six questions 7/8 and we got our grant confirmation a few days before round 6 was announced. Not 100% sure on the dates but those are close. Once you get the six questions its a few weeks till you get the call.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

IACOJ Agitator

I sent my 1199a on Thursday via Priority Mail. I still haven't heard anything else. I called 800 number yesterday afternoon to confirm they received it and the guy told me there was no way that they could do that right now because they were receiving so many in. He also said it could take up to 15 days to process the 1199a. Hopefully I will get my 6 questions soon.
    IACOJ Agitator

we found 1199a late on july 1 then on july 3 in the early P.M. found 6 questions. Both times responded as soon as these were found. Recieved call from local TV station on july 16 asking for information on what we were going to use the grant for due to them recieving a press release from our U.S. Senator. Found Our name on FEMA anouncement on july 17. Found grant package on july 18. we had applied three times and finaly recieved. Good luck to all

H. Mintz
    Cherokee Creek VFD
    Gaffney SC
    Last edited by secccvfd; 07-23-2003 at 10:56 PM.

Forum Member

Cool Looking Good!!!

Finally got our 6 questions this am. I can't believe that I would get the questions on a Saturday!! But I'm not complaining!!!

How long after the questions does the next step take!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Recieved 1199a on July 2nd. We got our 6 questions on the 16th of July. The grant was awarded in round 7 on the 25th. Good Luck.

Forum Member

Default Hang in there the official word feels great

Fellow Firefighters,

Guys hang in there. These timelines will give you a bit more hope but they don't appear to be written in stone. There seems to be a huge amount of paperwork that needs to be done for each and evey grant with only a small number of folks working on it. I was very impressed that we received our notification in the 7th Round. I figured it would drag out 6 weeks or so. But the good news came much earlier than that. We recieved the 1199a on July 2nd. We got our 6 questions on the 12th of July. The grant was awarded in Round 7 on the 25th. Good Luck & Remember that phone call makes all this work and wishing very worth it.
    GB

IACOJ Agitator

I received the 1199a 11 days ago and still haven't received the 6 magic questions. They're making me worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IACOJ Agitator

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Maybe they went to the wrong van down by the river.....

Forum Member

We got the 6 questions on July 10th but havent seen the 1199a link to date. I hope that isn't a bad sign.

IACOJ Agitator

I just received my 6 questions this afternoon!!! I'm excited!
    IACOJ Agitator

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't worry too much about a set timeline. I got the 6 question E-mail last Friday, a phone call from Senator Bond on Wednesday, and the official E-mail notice of award today (Friday)Start to finish in one week.

Last year, it seems they were all a week or so apart.

Two in a row. This should prove that the little departments can do it. We're less than 100 calls per year including EMS, 18 FF's, and a budget less than 25K. Don't make a Christmas list, play by their rules and write a concise request. That's all it takes.

Don Cheek, Asst. Chief
    Lakeview Heights FPD
    Lincoln, MO

Forum Member

Thumbs up We Got It!!!! I hope!!!!

On the firehouse notification in Round 9 we are on the list but we have not received anything official from FEMA!!! I hope everything is ok!!! This proves that a bunch of country boys can get some money!!! Has anybody else not received official word before seeing the notifcation elsewhere!!!

For the ones that have received monies CONGRATS!!!

For the ones that have not keep your chin up!!!!!

Thread Information