Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default WOT...a good cause

5-alarm hunks' pecs appeal
    By ALICE McQUILLAN
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Meet Mr. June, Firefighter Chris Stadulis, 31, 5-feet-10, 195 pounds, and a tae kwon do black belt whose bone marrow donation saved a 1-year-old boy from leukemia.Reynaldo Narvaez, 33, 5-feet-8, 185 pounds, a weights and cardio man, is expecting a lot of teasing at Brooklyn's Squad One for being Mr. May.

November's pinup, part-time actor and dancer Hisham Tawfiq, 33, 6-feet, 195 pounds, believes that despite all the ribbing, most firefighters yearn to be a calendar man.

"While everybody knocks those who get on, everyone still wants it," said Tawfiq, of Engine 69 in Harlem.

Welcome to another year of raising awareness and money for fire prevention through the FDNY's "Calendar of Heroes." Befitting the tradition, 12 firefighters pose bare-chested, usually with a New York landmark in the background.

It's all for a good cause - and so what if women drool over the carved pecs and six-pack abs while the guys back at the firehouse won't let up?

"There will be a calendar on my locker, there will be a calendar where I keep my gear - probably [one] posted on my car when I leave the firehouse," said Narvaez.

"It's all in good fun," he added.

Staying in shape is also a way of life for firefighters.

"I work out at a very intense rate. I don't rest between exercise, which builds stamina, which is good for the job," said Stadulis, of Ladder 160 in Bayside, Queens.

The FDNY has been selling the beefcake calendars for the past five years, raising about a quarter-million dollars from the last edition, which included three firefighters killed at the World Trade Center.

"There are other items in the licensing program that generate more revenue but none are as highly visible or get as much media attention as the calendar," said Stephen Ruzow, president of the Fire Safety Education Fund.

Besides the hunk, every month brings a fire safety tip, such as plan two exits for every room or keep a 1-foot "circle of safety around lit candles."

Tomorrow, all 12 firefighters in the new calendar will be on hand to sign their pictures at South Street Seaport's Pier 17 from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

For those who can't make the event, the $15 calendars can be ordered online at www.fdnyfirezone.org.

I tried my best to make the cut but, alas, didn't seem to be what they wanted. I will, however send you one cheesecake shot for each proof of purchase of the above calendars.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the link E229. You should be prepared to send that cheesecake shot soon.

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Thumbs up

Dig deep everyone! This is certainly a worthy cause.

Next year....they're going to feature shots of the top 12 posters at Firehouse.com forums.

Seriously....order yours now!
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Thumbs up

Cheesecake shot.......cheesecake shot........

I'd bet it will be a shot of.........you guessed it.......a CHEESECAKE!!

This WONY will be ordering one anyway (if my husband will let me )
    9/11/01 Never forget Never forgive

Dusty, working on Crusty IACOJ

Forum Member

Oh baby, count me in. The one on the cover is absolutely luscious!!!!

***Sighs deeply and remembers that she is professional and that the poor young boy on the cover of that calendar deserves to be treated with respect and not drooled over by dirty old ladies ***

I will have to make sure to add this one to my collection E229

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

wonder what the webteam's photo would look like.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Oh my yummy yummy oooopppppsss was that out loud?

CFD Hot Stuff Calendar supports the Calgary Firefighters Burn Treatment Society. All the events I've volunteered at this summer with the Firefighters Museum were in support of the Burn Treatment Centre so I got to hang around with a fair number of HOT HOT HOT firefighters from past and present calendars. Tried to do my part, bought a few beer LOL, walked around at that Stampede party with 10,000 people where Blue Rodeo played with a Hot Stuff Calendar in hand, trying to get people to donate by getting their picture taken with the firefighters and our 1928 Gotfredson Pumper for $5 and managed to get some instant cash donations.

I can't afford the FDNY eye candy ummmmmmmmm I mean donation - will have to wait until next year

Good cause though

2nd attempt posting this, fingers crossed
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

wonder what the webteam's photo would look like.

Originally posted by LadyCapn
    Oh baby, count me in. The one on the cover is absolutely luscious!!!!

***Sighs deeply and remembers that she is professional and that the poor young boy on the cover of that calendar deserves to be treated with respect and not drooled over by dirty old ladies ***

I will have to make sure to add this one to my collection E229

Ya talking the calendar or the kid in the pic?

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default Attention Women of the Tundra

LMFAO!

Oh and yeah, LadyCapn who you calling old??? hehehe

hmmmm maybe I should auction off the 2003 Hot Stuff Calendar I got for free at one of the Burn Treatment events I was at. I'm happy enough with the 2002 calendar

LadyCapn? CommDiva? Jenn? Cheffie you're too busy with your nose in books HAHAHA ok you can bid too

Seriously though, if anyone wants the 2003 calendar let me know and I'll mail it to you ummmmmm if the posties aren't on strike that is
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information