Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Chassis Delivery Time

My dept recently ordered 2 new engines. The contracts were signed a in late winter/ early spring. To date our Spartan MFD chassis have not arrived. Is it normal for production of the chassis to take this long? There is nothing on these trucks which is out of the ordinary, it just seems to be taking a lot longer than I would have thought. We are not using a single source mfg. for these, but a third party builder, if that is the right terminology.

Production time on our truck took between 4 and 5 months.This has been a normal time frame for Spartan.You must remember that every unit is "Custom" to your specs and that it has to fit in the assembly line along with every other unit they are assembling. We just took delivery of our Rescue (15 Months from order to delivery). The delay was with the body manufacturer not Spartan.

Forum Member

I'm not 100% sure if it effected Spartan but there were federal emissions changes in late 02 that affected alot of manufacturers. I know that ALF had to make some changes which caused delays on their production lines (right off their website in their interactive area).

Thread Information