The following question was e-mailed to us at www.fireprep.com:

One of the questions I am never sure how to answer on a psychological exam is whether a question should be answered "uncertain" or "not sure." There are questions that I have encountered during testing that I feel should be answered that way. My scores are not reflective of the individual I am and I was wondering if you have any insight into whether these questions could be making a difference in my score. Jim from California

Jim, this is one of the most frequently asked questions from fire candidates taking psychological examinations. When you encounter a question that you aren't sure how to answer, we strongly urge you NOT to answer "uncertain" or "not sure." Doing this gives the impression that you are a fence-rider and not sure of decisions you make. In a psychological profile of a firefighter (on which many of these questions are based), they are looking for an individual who is very confident of the decisions they make.

Since 1950, Don McNea fire school has prepared over 40,000 fire applicants with our entry level seminars and products. Go to our website at www.fireprep.com and register for our free fireprep e-mail newsletter.

Our newsletter contains free information and helpful exam strategies covering the complete testing process.
You will also will be entered in our weekly drawing for a free copy of our Encyclopedia of Firefighter examinations and Psychological audiotape or CD exam prep.

You have nothing to lose and you will only increase your chances of obtaining the
best job in the world. Click on our website below to enter. Good luck!!!!
www.fireprep.com