Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Angry Paintball, women and idiots....

http://msnbc.com/news/939777.asp

‘Hunts’ of nude women draw fire

Las Vegas firm charges
    men up to $10,000 to stalk ‘prey’ with paintball guns
    July 16 -- The National Organization for Women has labeled the hunts "sick and barbaric." MSNBC's Chris Jansing reports.

By Mike Brunker
    MSNBC
    July 16 — A paintball manufacturer and advocates for women are expressing outrage that a Las Vegas company claims to be charging men up to $10,000 to use the non-lethal but dangerous weapons to shoot naked women racing through the sagebrush. But a creator of the “Hunting for Bambi” game on Wednesday defended the enterprise as good, clean fun for “guys who thought they had done everything.”

WORD OF THE company’s activities first surfaced last week, when a Las Vegas television station aired a report featuring footage from what it identified as one of the hunts and interviewed both a hunter and his prey, who admitted that she cried after being hit in the posterior by one of the paint-loaded pellets.
    The KLAS-TV report attracted little attention until Tuesday, when paintball equipment manufacturer Brass Eagle Inc. issued a press release denouncing the concept and calling on local officials to investigate whether the hunts endanger the women’s health and welfare.
    “We condemn this irresponsible activity and do not endorse or condone the use of paintball products for such activities,” said Lynn Scott, president of the Bentonville, Ark., firm.
    Questions were being raised about the veracity of the company’s claims. Snopes.com, which researches so-called urban legends, noted that the huntingforbambi.com Web site lacks proper contact information and stated that some readers who sent e-mail expressing interest in booking a hunt received no reply to their inquiries.
    But David Krekelberg, who responded to an e-mail inquiry from MSNBC.com early Wednesday and said he was a spokesman for the company, insisted the enterprise is real.
    He also said that he and the company’s “master hunter,” Michael Burdick, have taken steps to address safety concerns.

NO SHOOTING ABOVE THE WAIST

“At first we just told our hunters ‘Don’t shoot them in the head,’” he said. “Now the hunters are prohibited from raising the gun barrel above the waist level and if he does, it’s game over and there are no refunds.”
    Krekelberg also said that the guns were modified to reduce the velocity of the paint-pellet guns, which can have a muzzle velocity of up to 200 mph, and that the women are now given the option of wearing goggles and helmets in addition to shoes.
    Krekelberg said the year-old company, which originally was formed to market a hunting spoof videotape, has so far conducted about 20 of the “hunts,” most of them in the desert outside Las Vegas.
    “It’s basically like a game show,” he said. “There’s a whistle, and maybe 20 minutes to an hour later, we have a girl with a big red welt on her butt, or maybe none.”
    In addition to the thrill of the chase and the “kill,” the hunter gets a videotape of the hunt captured by a three-camera team, he said.
    Krekelberg said the women — most of whom are showgirls — are paid inversely to the pain they experience — $1,000 if they get shot and $2,500 if they don’t — to give them added incentive to elude their armed pursuers.
    But the deck is clearly stacked in favor of the hunter — only two of the 20 or so have gone home without hitting a target, Krekelberg said. “They weren’t unhappy,” he said. “They still had a great time and met some beautiful women.”
    The KLAS piece on the hunts that aired last week included criticism from clinical psychologist Marv Glovinsky, who told the station that the game could be dangerous for men who can not distinguish fantasy from reality and could lead them to act out violence against women.
    “If you’re blurring reality and fantasy and you can’t make the distinction, and your emotions overpower your intellect or your higher mental function, you’re going to get into trouble,” he told the station. “And if you have control problems to boot, that’s really going to cause problems.”

Krekelberg said the company goes to great lengths to ensure that participants don’t have psychological problems by subjecting them to lengthy interviews.
    “These are just fun guys who thought they had done everything, ridden everything and hunted everything,” he said of the company’s customers. “They come to Vegas to play golf and hang out in the nightclubs and suddenly they find out there is this other option out there.”
    Krekelberg said that the TV piece also unleashed a torrent of criticism that he and his colleagues are degrading women, a charge he vigorously denied despite the inclusion on the company’s Web site of photos of nude women “mounted” on walls much as a deer would be after being killed.
    “The women who think this is abusive and degrading need to put their attention where it should be, and I think that’s Afghanistan,” said Krekelberg. “We love our girls. Why do you think we pay them so much? There are desperate people in this town who could be taken advantage of. We choose not to do that.”

================================================== ===================

This is sad, I hope this does turn out to be false.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Unfortunately it is so.... I also found a similar report in the WMCTV-MEMPHIS website this morning. I am not a paintballer, but I can certainly see the implications of what this can do. I have seen the welts that the balls can leave if hit from relatively close range, and that's with proper clothing/protective gear.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would allow themselves to be shot at by a paintball WHILE NAKED!!!!!

interviewed both a hunter and his prey, who admitted that she cried after being hit in the posterior by one of the paint-loaded pellets

DO YA THINK???!!!!!

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1363800
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

I saw this about 2 days ago. I my self had played paintball with some friends. It does hurt when it hits bare skin.
    I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would allow themselves to be shot at by a paintball WHILE NAKED!!!!!
    the answer is money 2,500 if you dont get hit and 1,000 if you do sounds like a reason they would let it happen to them.

Forum Member

Oh, good grief. People are lamenting a new version of a game that is simulated combat in the first place. It's OK to take a church youth group to a place where they can pretend to kill each other over and over while wearing battle gear and camo. But if somebody gets naked, it's surely the work of the devil. Give me a break. If girls want to get naked and be shot by paintballs, then let them. Half the guys I know who play paintball don't wear any armor, nor would they wear eye protection if the "rangemasters" didn't make them. Promotes violence towards women? Then why are the children allowed to blast away at each other? I used to race motocross a few years ago. Was that safe? Not really. But I did it, anyway. It was exciting and fun. I do wish I had gotten a few thousand everytime I got a bruise. These girls have it made.

MembersZone Subscriber

As P. T. Barnum once said,

"No one ever lost money underestimating the taste or intelligence of the people."

It's real simple how to get rid of folks like this - don't spend any money on them.
    Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

Disillusioned Subscriber

posted by ThNozzleman: I used to race motocross a few years ago.
    NAKED?! OUCH!!

Sorry, Bro...I couldn't resist.

It's simply finding men and women with more money and greed than common sense, put in the same vicinity and voila! You've got a hit...no pun intended.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

MembersZone Subscriber

Random thoughts:

1. If NOW is against it, I am automatically for it.

2. If I had a large sum of money, burning a hole in my pocket in Las Vegas and I was going to do something involving a naked woman, it would have nothing to do with paintball.

3. Like George Carlin says; "If you nail two things together that have never been nailed together before, some schmuck will buy it".

4. Nobody is forcing those girls to do this. I'm sure at $2500 a shot, there is no shortage of volunteers.

5. This is inexcusable:

It's OK to take a church youth group to a place where they can pretend to kill each other over and over while wearing battle gear and camo. But if somebody gets naked, it's surely the work of the devil.
    Why do you have to introduce religion into this? Nobody said anything about religion. Nobody said it was the work of the devil. This was an unprovoked attack on Christianity and it offends me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ok, all religion points aside, let's look at it this way:

Would any of you put yourself into the boxing ring with Mike Tyson? For the 6 million that was paid to the looser the first time I actually heard of him (that would be the 90 second smash hit in 1990something), I actually thought that maybe I could do that. I figured I could give the crowd a good run for its money by attempting to avoid getting smacked in the first round if possible.. but I also knew that if Tyson ever got his mitts on me it would be "Good Night Irene". Through all that, the motivator was the money, but then I started to think about how much that would HURT!

That part didn't and still does not appeal to me. I find myself thinking in those terms regarding this story. I've been smacked with lead shot spit balls as a kid, and I have seen the welts that a paint ball leaves behind even while wearing clothing. Running around with no protective clothing of any kinda at all strikes me as pretty unsafe under any conditions of payment... $1000.00 or even $2500.00 won't do much for emergency surgery to repair an eye..............

Remember the old saying: "It's always fun till someone looses and eye. Then it becomes a sport."
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

I think it's pretty funny. Like watching real tv and seeing dumbasses who rappel off the end of their rope, or get gored up the cornhole by some bull in pomplona.

There is only so much you can do in a democracy to protect people from themselves. Somebody said something like that once.

The general consensus I've heard: WHAT? 5000 bucks? That's way too expensive! Nobody has said, whoa that is ****ed up! They all just say it costs too much! HAHAHAHA They'd snipe a coupla bambis in a locker room, swat style, before they'd shell out 5000 dollars!!!

Speaking of cornhole, how 'bout taking a paintball in your browneye? YYYEEEEEOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I think IF I COULD HAVE A CUP I'd get shot naked with a paintball for a grand! I'm pretty fast, I might even make 2500! I got bills man!
    ...if you put the handline in the right spot, you won't have to jump out the window...
    -Andy "Nozzles", SQ18, 9-11-01

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

....and the name of the video would be, "Las Vegas Showgirls gone wild!"
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face get a freakin' life!

With all the problems in the world today, who gives a rat's *** what someone does with their $10k? People don't get HALF as offended when some dumb backwards a-hole beats up / kills his "ho" for real, but they sure get their noses bent out of shape when someone's having fun and someone else is making money. I personally agree with George, paintball would be the last thing on my mind too, but it's not OUR money, it's THEIRS! NOW and the paintball gun manufacturer and NBC need to keep their noses out of these guys businesses and quit ruinin' their lives! (though the publicity will probably triple their bookings )

MembersZone Subscriber

2. If I had a large sum of money, burning a hole in my pocket in Las Vegas and I was going to do something involving a naked woman, it would have nothing to do with paintball.
    Found a limo service when booking a trip for the wife and I that has bikini clad men and women drivers (your choice) that specialize in taken clients to the brothels out in the desert.... Wife woouldnt go for it...Dang wifes always ruining everything (course it was our Honeymoon)

MembersZone Subscriber

....and the name of the video would be, "Las Vegas Showgirls gone wild!"
    For some reason I doubt these gilrs are of the same quality as a "Showgirl"

I played a bit of paintball way back and know I was gonna eye protection and even long sleeves. (It gets pretty humid way down here in MS)

But for a chance at 2500? Hmm!
    Wonder what 'dem gals from NOW are doin' this weekend?

(Sorry girls gotta keep my goggles)

http://huntingforbambi.com/category/...ry9/index.html

just for you engine23ccvfd...

just like the cheerleader car washes though, pretty girls on the corner, homely ones scrubbing your bumpers...

the fat ones are slow, you know they'll get capped and you'll only have to pay them 1000!
    ...if you put the handline in the right spot, you won't have to jump out the window...
    -Andy "Nozzles", SQ18, 9-11-01

MembersZone Subscriber

Sign me up, I'll get shot naked for $2,500.

I agree who cares what consenting adults do, their are much more important problems in the world. Hookers are legal in Clark Co. so does it shock anyone that this is going on?

Forum Member

Why do you have to introduce religion into this? Nobody said anything about religion. Nobody said it was the work of the devil. This was an unprovoked attack on Christianity and it offends me.
    In the E article posted earlier, a paintball business owner plainly stated that most of his business comes from church groups and they find this sort of thing offensive. As for an "unprovoked attack on Christianity"...spare me, George. I didn't bring religion into anything. If it weren't for outdated, stuffy old religious people who squawk everytime somebody gets naked this wouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

Forum Member

Default Sounds like Capitalism to me

..Maybe when I get that damn retro check....

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ThNozzleman

In the E article posted earlier, a paintball business owner plainly stated that most of his business comes from church groups and they find this sort of thing offensive. As for an "unprovoked attack on Christianity"...spare me, George. I didn't bring religion into anything. If it weren't for outdated, stuffy old religious people who squawk everytime somebody gets naked this wouldn't even be an issue in the first place.
    I read both articles numerous times and I can not find the reference you cited about "church groups". However, the people that I do find complaining are:

1. NOW
    2. The manufacturer of the equipment (who knows they are going to get sued eventually).
    3. Some psychologist who has an opinion.

Not one of these people are "stuffy old religious people who squawk everytime somebody gets naked". I stand by my point that yours was an unprovoked attack on Christianity.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default PUTTING THE "RELIGION" COMMENTS TO TEXT

Ok folks, I was hoping to stay out of the religion part of this discussion, but it has re-surfaced, and no one seems to kwow where it came from. Here is the story that I read prior to the original post being put up, and it comes from the Memphis website:

Stephanie Rodrigues
    Mid-South paintball fans outraged over new game
    Email to a Friend
    Printer Friendly Version

It's called "Hunting for Bambi," and the Las Vegas based adult game has men shooting paintballs at naked women.

It also has Mid-South paintball fans outraged.

"It was kind of disgusting really," says Parker Talley, a 14 year-old paintballer.

Talley says he is more afraid the women will get hurt by not wearing masks, and other protective gear.

"I had to do a lot of research before my mom would buy me a gun."

But the majority of adults say it is the graphic nature of the game that is disturbing.

"Well, the image of nude women running around out in the woods is a bad image in itself," says Mike Talley.

But some paintball businesses are also upset.

"Other than poor taste, yeah, it's (game) dangerous," says John Nicholas, owner of Paintball Park in Memphis.

Nicholas says naked paintball will not be allowed at his park.

"Most of business comes from corporate, families, and church groups."

Nichols say naked paint ball would put the players at risk, and tarnish the family friendly image that fans have worked hard to build.

MembersZone Subscriber

OK, now I see it. But it still does not explain the unprovoked attack on Christianity by Nozzleman.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Smile Ahhh, Welllll...............

As one who reads George a lot, and understands things pretty well in this world, I'm at loss on this one. As I have runout of room to work with (in my mind), I'll have to ask, "George, these remarks are a bit tongue in cheek, aren't they ?" George?
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

OK, now I see it. But it still does not explain the unprovoked attack on Christianity by Nozzleman.
    Whaaatever, dude. Just stated my view on the facts. It's sad that you think of it as some kind of "attack." I'm not going to continue this ****ing match with you. It's common knowledge what the "church" thinks of this and other subjects that don't fit THEIR particular moral framework.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ThNozzleman

Whaaatever, dude. Just stated my view on the facts. It's sad that you think of it as some kind of "attack." I'm not going to continue this ****ing match with you. It's common knowledge what the "church" thinks of this and other subjects that don't fit THEIR particular moral framework.
    I don't care if you are going to continue this or not.

It's common knowledge what "New Yorkers" think of the Yankees, too, but it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. You introduced this subject, not me. It was an attack, plain and simple and I am not simply going to let you get away with it unchallenged.

Forum Member

I just checked out the website.

They have pictures of a girl being drug by her hair.
    Now, it may have been staged, but I don't know.

I think this is a dangerous situation for the girls.
    Not only the paintballs, but you don't know who is going to
    go through there. Hopefully there is some type of protection for these ladies.
    Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

Thread Information