Forum Member

Default Fire-Rescue Boats

Just wondering if your departments have and use a Fire-Rescue Boat of any kind. Also if you would post a picture that would be great.
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Fire/Rescue Boat use

Here in Monterey CA, we operate a 14' Zodiac, 175hp jet drive rigid hulled inflatable. This is the prototype of the system they developed which has a diverter which takes the jet thrust and sends it foward though a remote controlled monitor. We get close to 400gpm and can send it about 100'. The system works well and the freeboard and stability make it a good use for our protected areas and for under pier and boat firefighting. We carry two foam extinguishers onboard and all the safety and medical gear. We are a bit short on deck space however and are looking to upgrade this platform. What are your needs that you've identified so far? Be happy to talk with you further.

MembersZone Subscriber

Eureka has a 24' aluminum Crestliner with portable pump, draft through the hull to supply the monitor on the front and manifold on the back. A 75hp outboard, Koden radar unit, "fish finder", folding table with stokes basket & 6' board. Multiple work & search lights, a small hand operated crane on the starboard side. The photo is a little fuzzy (sorry) and was taken while docked in the Allegheny river and the water level was about 6+ feet above normal levels.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by davidhwebb; 07-24-2003 at 03:40 AM.
    "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong"... Dennis Miller

Forum Member

Dave are you part of Eurkea?
    Rob
    FireFighter/EMT/VRT
    Engine Co 3
    Westmoreland City

These opinions are mine and mine only nobody eles.

Thread Information