MembersZone Subscriber

Default Send in the FROGS

Washington - Even as United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan implored President George W. Bush to deploy U.S. troops to Liberia "before it's too late," Bush indicated again yesterday that he hadn't made up his mind on the size or scope of a U.S. force there.
    My answer:

We're a little busy right now, perhaps you should ask the French. They don't seem to have anything to do lately.

FIREMAN 1st GRADE
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

MembersZone Subscriber

I think that is a great idea. I think Liberia is one of the few contries that the French have not given up to. It would be good for the Liberian troops morale.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

SMILE
    LMFAO good one
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

IACOJ BOD

Hey LT

They tried that before, they undercomitted the manpower from the Foreign Legion, the troopers got dumped on by the locals to such a degree they took casualties, and had to withdraw to strong points before being evacuated.

Remember a little place called Ruwanda.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

I say send the French and a camra crew to record the beating the French will get.

Sr. Information Officer

Arrow Hold that thought............

Apparently....the French already have troops in Africa. (Not Liberia)

KINSHASA - French peacekeepers found the hacked bodies of 22
    elderly people, women and children in a village outside the
    Congolese town of Bunia after trading gunfire with militiamen, a
    spokesman said.
    The bodies provided the latest evidence of massacres taking
    place beyond the protection of the French troops, who began
    deploying in Bunia last month to shield residents from clashes
    between ethnic Hema and Lendu militia.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Although I am leary of the US becoming the police force for the world, we kind of have a moral responsibility to get involved in Liberia. The country has a very strong American influence. The coutnry was patriated by freed slaves in the late 1800's following the Civil War and was assisted by the US government. We kind of stood by and watched while the place was ravaged by civil unrest and corrupt government after corrupt government. This is one of the most impoverished nations on earth. While there are no WMD here, there is a tyrannical dictator who has been responsible for the deaths of thousands upon thousands of lives.

Oh yeah...screw the French.

French peacekeepers found the hacked bodies of 22
    The French shot bullets at other people!!! It must be a new thing for them.

MembersZone Subscriber

www.francesucks.com

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag." ---David Letterman

Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France!!
    Last edited by SchmmidyABVFC; 07-26-2003 at 02:46 AM.

Forum Member

Unhappy

litle disappointed in the remarks here. I happen to have french heritage an i take offense to these remarks thet the french are cowards. I am not a coward i put my life on the line like the rest of you and so do our brothers and sister firefighters over there. because they chose not to support us in our efforts that is their choice like it was ours. We don't control them they have their own free will. We don't hear them bitching about us taking so long to get involved in WWII. We have helped each other out over history, they helped us become america and we freed them from Hitler. Remeber we have some very shady things in our history, we aren't completely innocent. Mater of fact the french rescued my family from a german death camp they are pretty much responible for me being here. My brother has french heritage he is in the Army he is still over there is he a coward. This is childish like renaming french fries (American in invetion), french toast (Belgian). Please show a little tolerance, we are supposed to set the example as firefighters, an predjudice is not a good example to set. Your welcome to call me names or whatever i would never want my children or my nephew to see people behave like this. I don't care if they bash us we are supposed to be the better example, cause this is a great country and we are all diffrent.

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Robertsc, We are in a WAR on TERROR. Your with us or against us. The French Government made it clear what side there on. Not only on this but I remember a F 111 that crashed during the Beirut days. Why? Robertsc what I am saying is the any Government that does not help in the WAR on TERROR should be Boycotted. Starting with the FRENCH !
    According to the American Battle Monuments Commission
    There are 26,255 Yankee dead from World War I buried in 4 cemeteries in France.
    There are 30,426 American dead from World War II buried in 6 cemeteries in France.

NEVER FORGET
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 07-26-2003 at 09:17 AM.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Robertsc...

Be proud of your heritage. Be disgusted by the recent history of France. Their failure to step up in the war on terrorism, while supplying wepons and technology to Iraq, is deplorable. It is really that simple.

As far as France helping the US. Sure, in my estimation that was 227 years ago and they were late then too. We saved them from speaking German twice and replaced them in Viet Nam. So it seems they owe the US now.

I have told people for years I disliked the French more than I ever did the Soviets. Why? The Soviets were up front about wanting to destroy us. The French pretend to be our friends when it suits them, like when they are being invaded, and choose to despise the US when it suits them, like when they might actually have to step up and do something other than whine.

I will not apologize for my hard line on this. This is not the time to sit on the fence or stand on the wrong side of it and do nothing. Our way of life is under attack and it is time to stand up and defend it to the fullest. Destroy those that want to destroy us. With or without the help of the world.

FyredUp

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Robertsc
    litle disappointed in the remarks here. I happen to have french heritage an i take offense to these remarks thet the french are cowards. I am not a coward i put my life on the line like the rest of you and so do our brothers and sister firefighters over there. because they chose not to support us in our efforts that is their choice like it was ours. We don't control them they have their own free will. We don't hear them bitching about us taking so long to get involved in WWII. We have helped each other out over history, they helped us become america and we freed them from Hitler. Remeber we have some very shady things in our history, we aren't completely innocent. Mater of fact the french rescued my family from a german death camp they are pretty much responible for me being here. My brother has french heritage he is in the Army he is still over there is he a coward. This is childish like renaming french fries (American in invetion), french toast (Belgian). Please show a little tolerance, we are supposed to set the example as firefighters, an predjudice is not a good example to set. Your welcome to call me names or whatever i would never want my children or my nephew to see people behave like this. I don't care if they bash us we are supposed to be the better example, cause this is a great country and we are all diffrent.
    Nobody called you or your brother a coward. The French people, historically, have depended upon foreign governments to bail their butts out of trouble every single time they were up against the wall. I have zero tolerance or sympathy for the French government. Historically, the French people hate Americans. This is odd to me when you sonsider that if it weren't for the US, German would be the national language of France right now. In addition, your comment about WWII is patently offensive. We should exhume every single body of a US soldier that is buried in France and bring them home. The ingratitude over the supreme sacrifice made by so many US soldiers to protect them.

As I have said so many times before...screw France.

Be proud of your heritage. Be disgusted by the recent history of France.
    I couldnt of said it better.

MembersZone Subscriber

I happen to have french heritage
    Prove the majority of the USA wrong then. I see you're a student, sounds like a perfect age for your local recruiter.

Forum Member

Originally posted by E229Lt

Prove the majority of the USA wrong then. I see you're a student, sounds like a perfect age for your local recruiter.
    Well I happen to be serving my country as a Firefighter/EMT, Which i think is just as important. I have been doing this from 16 as a Junior. Friefighting has been in my family for 4 generations. My brother serves in the army i am proud of him i was about to join but my brother told me something that made me change my mind. He said " Stay where you are, you are doing a great thing, i am proud of you and what you do, besides you get more respect from your CO then i will ever will from the army, I get screwed left and right by them, they don't pay me what they owe me, when i work i don't always get the pay for the hours i work." Now my brother is my little brother i have always tried to set an example for him, mater of fact when he is done, he will be joining the ranks of our brother firefighters. I miss him greatly and fear for his life and i know he will be an even better firefighter then I, I hope he is, I am very proud of him. matter of fact i don't care what the majority of the US says if they all want to discrimate against me because i believe being french dosen't make me a coward, or me being jewish make me greedy. It seem like your are calling me a coward because i am not in the Armed Forces, now that cowardly, because i am doing my part keeping my community safe will some of my brothers are gone, i am pulling alot of OT as a voulunteer filling in for 3 of our 15 guys out fighting this war, i hope they stay safe, and pray for them to come back.

believe being french dosen't make me a coward, or me being jewish make me greedy. It seem like your are calling me a coward because i am not in the Armed Forces,
    Im very sure E229lt is not calling you a coward for being french or for not being in the Armed Forces. We are saying that the french government is a coward not you by any means.

Forum Member

My grandparents came from Quebec. I have Canandian French heritage, but I am in no way offended by E229's comments.

The French's sole motivation for being against our involvement in Iraq was their investment in the Iraqi oil field and weapons sales to Iraq. Who do you think sold them the Mirage fighter planes and Exocet antiship missiles, not to mention their nuclear technology?
    Than God the Isrreli's had the balls to take out the reactor at Osirak in the mid 1980's, otherwise, Saddam and company would have had nukes and without a doubt used them against us in the Gulf War of 1991!

I may have French heritage, but I am an American...with a capital A. I proudly wear the flag on my station uniforms and fly it outside of my home.

USA! USA! USA!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

just had to post a flag.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
    Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

Forum Member

Paternal grandparents - Canada (Quebec area also)
    Maternal grandparents - Ireland

That makes me 50% Canadian, 50% Irish, 100% American.

Screw the French government.

PS - screw the Canadian government as well.
    Last edited by Bones42; 07-29-2003 at 10:19 AM.

Forum Member

couldnt have said it better. Dont skip the intro

http://www.rleeermey.com/

Thread Information