Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: certification

expvol
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question certification

I am in the process of getting my FireFighter 1 and 2 certification, My question is what is FireFighter 3,4,and 5,and what are the requirements for these certifications?

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Smile How About the rest of the Story?.......

First, and most important, what state are you in??? And are you talking about State or National Pro Board certification? Maryland (where I am) and National Pro Board doesn't go above F/F 2. I would urge everyone to get National Pro Board Certification for any classes that you take. Stay safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

expvol
    Firehouse.com Guest

Im in kansas but i plan to get national certification, how high does national go?

There is no general national certification. IFSAC or Pro-Board are close, but they are not a national system. Many states have adopted them and accept their certs as reciprocal. There are a great many states with their own certification system that is not recognized or recognizes other systems. I am not sure what system Kansas follows, but if at all possible get a pro-board cert. They cross over to more states and organizations.

Never heard of firefighter3, 4, and 5. Must be a Kansas thing. In that case I would doubt it is Pro-Board accredited.
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    ------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Smile OK, Here Goes........

The National Board on Fire Sevice Professional Qualifications, usually referred to as the National Pro Board, Issues certificates for documented training in accordance with NFPA training standards. The most common are Firefighter I & II, Fire Instructor I, II, III, & IV, Fire OFFICER I, II, III, & IV as well as Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator aka FADO, Several levels each in HazMat, Wildland, Airport, Investigations, Inspections, and so on. I currently hold eleven Certificates, including Fire Instructor III and Fire Officer IV. It doesn't mean anything that I got all this as a Volunteer, as the system is open to anyone. Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information