MembersZone Subscriber

Default Any Fulltime Depts. Receive Grants?

Just curious, does anyone know of any full-time departments to receive grants this year? I'm curious since FEMA changed the wording defining the money split between full-time and combination/paid-on-call departments this year.

choffd

Although we have not received any indication of an award, several full time departments in our county and neighboring counties have received awards. The number of part - time departments receiving funding still appears to be more than full time.

I am concerned with the number of firefighting vehicles being funded this year in comparison to firefighting operations. We requested funding for a rescue pumper at $275,000 total and have yet to hear anything. We are down to just one truck that is a 1978 for first line response. We need help ASAP but no indicators as of yet.

Good luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Don't forget the Fulltimers

From the outside looking in, it appears that the volunteer Dept's. are receiving the lions share of the money. I hope this proves to be wrong. Most every Dept. needs help with funding for equipment.

Thread Information