Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: demotion

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking demotion

Well, Ive got some bad news. As of July 24,2003 I've gone from lieutenant back to firefighter.The good news is that I'm now a career FF'er with a city department.I got the call on Wed. to come in to talk with the Chiefs. Ohh what a feeling!! I'm a FIREFIGHTER! I start Aug 4 and I can't wait. I like to give a little credit to Capt Bob even though i didn't subscribe to some of his literature his post on firehouse forums have been very helpful.To everyone aspiring to be a career FF'er, don't give up, study and practice hard, and say a prayer every night and soon you'll be sending a post like this too!

Good Luck!
    FF Steed
    LFD

P.S. Oh I still get to keep my LT. badge at my vollie Dept.

Good job, sir! Welcome to the full time! Best of luck working up the ranks.
    ~Kevin
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    --^v--^v--^v--^v--
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
    Dennis Miller

Forum Member

Default Yea!

Bravo on your badge! I'm glad to have played a part in your pursuit. Now you know what it feels like to get the call.

We would also like to bestow upon you the 2,111 badge in our program.

As you know, "Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

For those of you still out there trying to gain your badge, this is from badge 2,109:

Capt. Bob,

I can't begin to thank you enough for all of your products, phone calls, and wisdom. This all started for me back in November 2002, which is a just a short time ago considering most candidates can spend years trying to get a firefighter job. I took the written test then for the Virginia Beach FD. I am currently from NY. After receiving the letter to move on in the process I immediately ordered your Entry Level Program and hit the books.

Your emphasis on being prepared ahead of time has never been more true. I found that after preparing for each step in the hiring process, I could just feel the accomplishment walking out of that interview room. The feeling that I had nailed it was so exciting. For those candidates that think just because they are in the service as a volunteer or EMT, gives them the knowledge and preparedness is just plain ignorant. I was both a volunteer firefighter and EMT several years ago, and would not have known the skills and nuggets needed to get that edge and advantage through each step without your products, especially the CD/Video information on the oral board.

Along with a private coaching session from your son Rob, and all the information through your website and products, I am completely honored to tell you that I will be starting the academy for the Virginia Beach FD on august 1, 2003. I made it all the way through on the first try.

I have found that being prepared for each phase made the actual test parts easy. The hardest part of this whole process was the waiting process to find out if I was to move on! Over 700 people applied for this position and only 27 were hired. I am one of them thanks to you and Rob! This feeling of accomplishment feels like it will last a lifetime, it's an amazing feeling. It doesn't matter where you are from, what part of the country you're in, how old or tall, or fit you are, without these tools you have provided I'd still be a phone man in NY. Now I'm achieved my dream job and proud to say I'll be a firefighter in beautiful Virginia Beach. Thank you. Tim

For more on what helped these candidates click here to check out the Career Articles from this Firehouse.com web site:

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/sec...sp?sectionId=8

How would you like to get ahead of the curve with the cutting edge interview skills to get that badge? Then you want to sign up to receive Fire "Captain Bob's" exclusive information rich FREE e-mail FireZine Newsletter by clicking here:

http://www.eatstress.com/firezine_signup.htm

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

888-238-3959

Thread Information