MembersZone Subscriber

Default Upon further review....

All right; let's just cut to the chase!
    By a show of hands, how many of you would light your chest hair on fire for fame and fortune?
    Come on; get those hands up in the air. Ladies, too!
    Anyone?
    I thought so.
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Quigger...You have got to be kidding... right?
    im only kidding about "Fire prevention was there the gel and the fire extinguishersthat were used along with saying "dont try this at home" sounds like some kind of Fire prevention to me."the part about the safety thing has been over looked though but it was there. It was dumb and stupid and every other word that has the same meaning as stupid.

Forum Member

Default Re: Upon further review....

Originally posted by ChiefReason
    All right; let's just cut to the chase!
    By a show of hands, how many of you would light your chest hair on fire for fame and fortune?
    Come on; get those hands up in the air. Ladies, too!
    Anyone?
    I thought so.
    Chest hair .......... Ladies ??????? Hmmmmmmmm Maybe then I could run off and join the circus and juggle flaming bowling pins while thrusting out my hairy chest???
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

Actually to tell you the truth i watched it and for got about it the next day the only reason i remember it now is because you guys are talking about it, if people are making a big deal over this need to find somthing else to do, we all do stupid things in our lives, to entertain ourselves our friend, our brothers. Liek it or not it's a macho profession have to face the facts. I tmay not be right b ut we all deal with it diffrently, I go home and talk to my wife and she is there to help me with the streeses of the day or night. It may have been a stupid stunt but hey no one got hurt and it's not like someone lit him on fire without asking him, think everyone is making too much of a deal over it. I forgot about it time you did, matter of fact i hadn't heard about anything on this case till i logged on here one day wasn't even on our news, couldn't have been tha big of a deal.

MembersZone Subscriber

I will not restate the very articulate points the Chief made. He read my mind.

One Final Thought
    Promises, promises.

Forum Member

People have an expectation that firefighters know what they are doing when it comes to fire, just the same as they have an expectation that DEA agents know what they are doing when it comes to firearms, and that doctors know what they are doing when it comes to pharmaceuticals. Cops are still cops even when they're off duty, and docs are still docs when they're on the golf course, but we still expect that either would act appropriately with regard to the particular skills of their vocation.

If the firefighters had done a stunt unrelated to the fire service, I could have accepted that. But because it centered on fire, I agree with George, CR, et al that it was a huge mistake and did give the impression that folks at home could emulate these guys without consequences. Finally, I agree that the Leno crew should have nixed the stunt before it even aired.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    People have an expectation that firefighters know what they are doing when it comes to fire, just the same as they have an expectation that DEA agents know what they are doing when it comes to firearms, and that doctors know what they are doing when it comes to pharmaceuticals. Cops are still cops even when they're off duty, and docs are still docs when they're on the golf course, but we still expect that either would act appropriately with regard to the particular skills of their vocation.

If the firefighters had done a stunt unrelated to the fire service, I could have accepted that. But because it centered on fire, I agree with George, CR, et al that it was a huge mistake and did give the impression that folks at home could emulate these guys without consequences. Finally, I agree that the Leno crew should have nixed the stunt before it even aired.
    Despite the fact that you agree with me, you DO realize that you reopened a 4.5 year old thread, right?
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Badgerland FOOL

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Despite the fact that you agree with me, you DO realize that you reopened a 4.5 year old thread, right?
    Details details....

Forum Member

Well, I can't say I did a search, but I was confident that it had been discussed ad nauseam. Hope I didn't beat a decomposing horse.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

Decomposing horse? There ain't anything left but bones and teeth.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MEck51 View Post
    Decomposing horse? There ain't anything left but bones and teeth.
    Got a stick? LOL
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

If they were off duty, how did the show know they were firefighters? They had to have mentioned it at some point in their conversation.
    Additionally, the statement that children would not have seen it because they would be in bed id hilarious. Ummmm....youtube?

I understand they are just having fun, however, this sets a really bad precedent for the kids. I reflect back to the show, "Jackass". How many kids have been hurt trying to recreate, or outdo the original prank.

This makes us all look badly.
    Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Thread Information