Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123124125132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3230

Thread: Weird But True

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Doctor Finds Spiders in Boy's Ear

Last Edited: Monday, 07 May 2007, 11:30 AM EDT
    Created: Monday, 07 May 2007, 11:30 AM EDT

Credit: MyFox By The Associated Press

ALBANY, Ore. -- These guys weren't exactly Snap, Crackle and Pop. What began as a faint popping in a 9-year-old boy's ear -- "like Rice Krispies" -- ended up as an earache, and the doctor's diagnosis was that a pair of spiders made a home in the ear.

"They were walking on my eardrums," Jesse Courtney said.

One of the spiders was still alive after the doctor flushed the fourth-grader's left ear canal. His mother, Diane Courtney, said her son insisted he kept hearing a faint popping in his ear -- "like Rice Krispies."

Dr. David Irvine said it looked like the boy had something in his ear when he examined him.

When he irrigated the ear, the first spider came out, dead. The other spider took a second dousing before it emerged, still alive. Both were about the size of a pencil eraser.

Jesse was given the spiders -- now both dead -- as a souvenir. He has taken them to school and his mother has taken them to work.

"It was real interesting, 'cause, two spiders in my ear -- what next?" Jesse said.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press.
    -------

UUUUMMMM.... ya.....???
    ======
    It just AINT your day when....

Wisconsin Man's Car Stolen Twice in One Day

Last Edited: Saturday, 05 May 2007, 10:11 AM EDT
    Created: Saturday, 05 May 2007, 10:11 AM EDT

Credit: MyFox SideBar

STEVENS POINT, Wis. -- A Stevens Point man thought he was lucky to recover his car after it was stolen -- until it was stolen again later that day.

York Heiden's pearl-colored 1990 Audi Quattro was stolen from a grocery store parking lot April 27 while his wife was running errands. The keys had been left in it.

Heiden, 36, who owns an automotive repair shop, quickly called some friends and the car was found nearby, without keys.

He said he had a friend disable the car's ignition by removing a coil wire while he left it to pick up a spare key. When he returned, the car was gone. He had forgotten, he said, that the model Audi had a two-coil system and could be driven with just one.

"I was speechless," Heiden said, recalling how he stood where the car had been found, keys dangling from his fingers, the emotional high of finding the car dashed. "All I could do was hold the key up in my hand and look at it."

"Everyone says, 'You shouldn't have left it,'" Heiden said, laughing. "But I know, I know ... So many what-ifs: I shouldn't have done this, I should have taken the tire off."

Police later found the car in the same neighborhood. It had a broken taillight and a broken piece of interior trim.

What did Heiden learn from his ordeal?

"Don't leave your keys in the ignition," he said. "And if you find it, do not leave it."

Copyright 2007 Associated Press.
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 05-07-2007 at 02:38 PM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Couple Wearing Duct Tape Stick Out At Prom
    Pair Make Formalwear Out Of Duct Tape

POSTED: 4:44 pm EDT May 8, 2007

MILBRIDGE, Maine -- High school seniors Cassandra Openshaw and Nick Martin found themselves in a sticky situation at their prom.

They made their formals out of duct tape.

They used 45 rolls of the handyman's best friend for the big night at Maine's Narraguagus High.

Cassandra said making her skirt wasn't that tough. The hard part was Nick's tuxedo jacket. They said the sleeves kept falling off.

Luckily they had duct tape for repairs. The young couple is entering their duct tape outfits in a contest sponsored by the maker of Duck brand tape.

The winning couple gets $6,000 in scholarships, while their school receives $3,000.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

LMAO Thats funny as hell
    Gota be a pict somewhere
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

Default Paris Hilton Dead

Was going to make a new thread, had a "doozy" of a title... but then figured... NAH, not worth it.

Paris Hilton Dead, Naked In New Gallery Sculpture
    Exhibit Of Socialite Warns Of Underage Drinking Dangers

POSTED: 3:56 pm EDT May 9, 2007
    UPDATED: 5:27 pm EDT May 9, 2007

NEW YORK -- How did Paris Hilton end up in a former Brooklyn garage -- naked, provocatively posed and seemingly very, very dead?

Of course, it's just a sculpture -- one that graphically depicts an autopsy on the jail-bound, socialite celeb for a show warning teens about underage drinking.

Slideshow: Sculpture Of Nude, 'Dead' Paris Hilton

The sprawled-out "Hilton" clutches a cocktail glass in one hand, a cell phone in the other as her distressed dog, Tinkerbell, jumps across her bare chest. She and the animal wear matching tiaras.

It's one of several whacked-out works that have gotten attention for artist Daniel Edwards. Last August, Edwards flaunted a busty Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton sculpture at Manhattan's Museum of Sex. His earlier works -- of Ted Williams' severed head and a naked Britney Spears giving birth - stirred up other artistic storms.

In the Hilton exhibit, which opens Friday at a gallery run by Capla Kesting Fine Art in the Williamsburg neighborhood, removable "innards" are exhibited on a display stand placed in a sexually suggestive manner next to the "body."

Hilton's spokesman, Elliot Mintz, did not immediately return a call for comment from The Associated Press.

"Around this time of year, I think of a couple of friends I lost in high school because of drinking and driving," said the artist, dressed in snow white as he stood by the feet of his creation on Wednesday.

Edwards said he's using this celebrity "as a vehicle for a public-service announcement, to educate teens."

Edwards started making the work in polyester resin in January after the infamous party girl's arrest. A judge ordered Hilton, 26, to report to a county jail by June 5 to serve a 45-day sentence for violating the terms of her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. Her lawyers have taken steps to appeal the sentence.

The 42-year-old artist, a father of three from Moosup, Conn., acknowledges that Hilton's primary claim to fame is "as a seductress. But I do respect her ability to build this career out of pretty much nothing."

He says his provocative use of empty celebrity, plus the shock factor, "rings a bell, it brings it home. If one person is saved, that's awesome."

Gallery director David Kesting said the sculpture counters a disturbingly glamorized trend of Hollywood girls gone wild. The work, no doubt, is also aimed at making money. Buyers are asked to call Capla Kesting for a price, which was not disclosed.

High school students are encouraged to take a virtual tour of the installation at the exhibit's Web site -- then compete for prizes by writing an "obituary" for the socialite.

If you go to the gallery, by the way, you're encouraged to touch.

Previous Stories:
    May 8, 2007: Paris Rehires Publicist Put Out To Pasture
    May 8, 2007: Schwarzenegger Asked To Pardon Paris
    May 7, 2007: Paris Hilton, Publicist Part Ways
    May 5, 2007: Paris To Be Isolated For Safety In Jail
    May 4, 2007: Paris Hilton Sentenced To 45 Days In Jail

And now something completely different...

Dead Fawn, Dressed Like Baby, Left At Theater. Incident Baffles Police

POSTED: 8:57 am EDT May 11, 2007

TACOMA, Wash. -- The police log entry said it all: "Deceased fawn was dressed up like an infant and abandoned at the Pantages" Theater.

Why would anyone dress up a dead newborn deer, lay it in a basket and leave it outside an ornate downtown landmark?

"Your guess is as good as mine," said Tom Sayre, a spokesman of The Humane Society for Tacoma and Pierce County.

The outfit included an infant sleeper and a bib that read, "You think I'm cute? You should see my aunt," Sayre added.

An officer found the fawn Tuesday night, said police spokesman Mark Fulghum. It was unclear how the animal died but the odor indicated it had been dead for awhile, he said.

A Humane Society vet thought it might have been stillborn.

"It's just bizarre," Fulghum said.

Hello. AT&T....err... I mean.. uumm... Wendy's.. Ya thats it. Wendy's, may I....

Some Wendy's Outsource Drive-Through Orders

POSTED: 6:23 pm EDT May 15, 2007
    UPDATED: 6:32 pm EDT May 15, 2007

WASHINGTON -- When you place your order at a Wendy's drive through, the voice from the loudspeaker may be coming to you long distance.

USA Today reported that some fast-food restaurants are outsourcing order taking at their drive throughs to a call center in Wilmington, Del. Internet phone lines transmit the orders to 12 agents who flash them to on-site Wendy's crews.

The remote ordering is said to shave milliseconds off of each order, which adds up to millions of dollars saved each year.

The agents taking the orders remotely said that the New York Avenue Wendy's in D.C. has the most demanding customers.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com.

What I want to know is what BRIGHT SPARK said "Hey! Here's a monlith, lets climb it." Or even better the other BRIGHTER SPARK who said "Before you try to climb it, I'll grease it up with lard."

Navy Plebes To Make Annual Monument Climb

POSTED: 8:57 am EDT May 17, 2007

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- Naval Academy plebes (freshmen) will climb the 21-foot Herndon monument Friday morning.

It's the 100th annual climb to the top of the gray obelisk, which marks the end of the plebe's year.

The challenge is made more difficult because the monument is coated with lard.

According to Navy lore, the plebe who replaces a freshman hat on the monument with a midshipman's hat will become the class's first admiral.

The most successful strategies usually involve building some sort of human pyramid, but getting someone to the top can sometimes take hours.

The first recorded time of 12 minutes was in 1959. The fastest time was one minute, 30 seconds recorded in 1969. The longest recorded time of four hours, 5 minutes and 17 seconds was in 1995.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Oh wait. I've answered my own questions....... summed up in one word:

OCCIFERS
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 05-17-2007 at 12:52 PM.

Landscape Crew Helps Nab Purse Snatchers
    Woman Thanks Men For Stopping Suspects

POSTED: 10:07 am EDT May 24, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A group of landscapers on a lunch break surrounded and stopped two alleged purse-snatchers Wednesday afternoon.

The purse was taken from a woman inside McDonald's at Blue Ridge Mall in Kansas City.

The landscapers said that when they saw what happened, they surrounded the two culprits until police arrived.

"I saw two kids go by and I said, 'Hey, you stole that purse, didn't you?' And I ran after them and the rest of my guys jumped up," Joe Martin told KMBC-TV in Kansas City.

"We said, 'Just drop the purse and go. You guys were wrong, we're giving you a chance to go,'" David Brown said.

"When they started acting like they had guns, I wasn't too worried because they'd get one round off, but I knew after that, and they'd be done," Martin said.

Police arrived, and the landscapers said they helped restrain a culprit who was fighting with a female officer. The two juveniles were handcuffed and taken away.

The woman who was robbed thanked the landscapers.

"I'm a Boy Scout leader, and you know you got to do your good turn every day," Martin said.

Two weeks ago, the same landscaping crew helped police nab some armed robbery suspects at 75th Street and Holmes Road.

"We're Crimestoppers," Brown joked.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting

Default The Great Cheese Caper

Cheese Theft Curdles Driver's Day

POSTED: 9:56 am EDT May 24, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:17 am EDT May 24, 2007

SNOW SHOE, Pa. -- The big cheese is missing. Or make that the big cheese trailer.

Pennsylvania state troopers reported a big-rig trailer was swiped from a rest stop along Interstate 80 in rural Centre County.

The trailer was loaded with 23,000 pounds of refrigerated cheese.

Troopers said the truck driver had unhooked the trailer and left it at the rest stop to take his tractor to a repair shop. When he returned all the cheese was gone.

There is no word if some giant mice are suspects.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Why would anyone want to take hostages at a McDondalds?

Hostages Freed From Hampton McDonald's

POSTED: 4:17 pm EDT June 4, 2007
    UPDATED: 5:48 pm EDT June 4, 2007

HAMPTON, Va. -- A SWAT team freed a number of hostages who were being held at a McDonalds restaurant in Hampton Monday afternoon, authorities said.

The man who was holding the hostages is still inside the restaurant, claiming he has a gun.

Police negotiators are at the scene and trying to establish contact with the man. Police said the man has not made any demands.

The hostage situation began at about 2 p.m.

Police Seek Man Wearing Diaper In Stores
    Man Allegedly Exposes Privates

POSTED: 2:46 pm EDT June 8, 2007

TULSA, Okla. -- Tulsa police are looking for a man who's been wearing a diaper inside at least three south Tulsa convenience stores.

The man also exposed himself on at least one occasion to a store employee.

Officers said the man walks into the stores' bathrooms wearing clothes then comes out wearing the diaper.

The man has told some witnesses he's acting on a dare.

Police said the man is white, slender and in his mid 20s.

Baggy Pants Banned; Mayor Says 'Cover Up'
    Town Council Call Saggy Britches Obscene

POSTED: 12:59 pm EDT June 13, 2007

DELCAMBRE, La. -- Overly saggy britches are obscene, the Delcambre Town Council says. So does Mayor Carol Broussard, who said he will sign an anti-sag ordinance passed unanimously this week.

The new indecent exposure ordinance in this Cajun-country town of about 2,000 carries penalties of up to six months in jail and a $500 fine for being caught in pants that show undergarments or, in the mayor's phrase, "private parts."

"I don't know if it will do any good, but it won't hurt," said Delcambre Councilman Albert Roy, who introduced the ordinance. "It's obvious, and anybody with common sense can see your parts when you wear sagging pants."

The meeting Monday night packed the small trailer that has been Town Hall since Hurricane Rita swept in six feet of storm surge on Sept. 24, 2005.

Low-hanging, baggy pants have become a fashion fad, mostly for young men in the hip-hop culture. Several residents objected that the ordinance targeted blacks.

Broussard denied any racial motivation. "White people wear sagging pants, too. Anybody who wears these pants should be held responsible."

Although Roy, who is black, introduced the ordinance, he said a $500 fine is outrageous: "I think it should be something like $25."

The ordinance states, "It shall be unlawful for any person in any public place or in view of the public to be found in a state of nudity, or partial nudity, or in dress not becoming to his or her sex, or in any indecent exposure of his or her person or undergarments, or be guilty of any indecent or lewd behavior."

The law applies to women as well as men, the mayor said Wednesday. "If you expose some of your privates, the crack of your behind, if somebody feels insulted they should press charges. If you're offended by it, we want to straighten that out."

The clause about "dress not becoming to his or her sex" doesn't forbid cross-dressing, Broussard said. "A dress, I wouldn't find that obscene. As long as he covers himself and it's not too short."

The ordinance isn't needed because the state has an indecent exposure law, resident Sylvester Harris said during Monday's meeting. But town attorney Ted Ayo said the measure expands on the state law by adding underwear to the list of forbidden exposures.

"This is a new ordinance that deals specifically with sagging pants," Ayo said. "It's about showing off your underwear in public."

Town resident Adam George had another objection. "It's just going to be harassment," he said at the Monday meeting. "People that don't like me are going to call and complain on me and say I've got saggy pants. I'm going to have to pay to bond out, even if I'm right."

Police Chief James Broussard said he didn't have a problem with George's pants, which hung below his waist but were covered by a long T-shirt.

"It's not like I'm showing my privates or anything like that," George said. "It's my boxers."

Broussard's public advice for people who like their pants to hang low: "Just wear it properly. Cover your vital parts. I mean, if you expose your private parts, you'll get a fine. If you walk up and your pants drop, you get a fine. They're better off taking the pants off and just wearing a dress."

Wanna do the survey? www.nbc4.com/news/13496108/detail.html

Default people learning....

After more than 5 years people start learning that there
    were NOT airplanes involved in the murders on 9/11/2001.
    Watch in these videos what REALLY HAPPENED in that day.
    here is the link...............

http://brasschecktv.com/page/180.html

ps: If you have videos when "the airplanes" crashed in
    the twin towers ..Please analize them.

Angry sensoring me?

Why you are sensoring me ?
    sooner or later the whole country is gonna find the
    truth and you are going to be accused being part
    of the murders on 9/11/2001.

Woman Injured By Flying Sturgeon In Florida
    Second Injury By Flying Fish On Suwannee River

POSTED: 10:17 am EDT June 12, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:24 am EDT June 12, 2007

ROCK BLUFF, Fla. -- This fish story is a real knockout.

A woman boating on the Suwannee River in Florida over the weekend was injured by a sturgeon that leaped out of the water.

Tara Spears, 32, was knocked unconscious but state conservation officials said her injuries weren't life-threatening and she'll be OK.

This has happened before on the same river. In April, a leaping sturgeon severely injured a woman riding a personal watercraft. She lost a tooth and a pinkie and surgeons had to reattach three other fingers.

Sturgeon have hard plates along their backs. They can grow up to 8 feet long and up to 200 pounds.

Forum Member

Red face

I have a solution to the cockroaches... Spiders!

The spider is a wonderful insect. It eats its pray, and household spiders are virtually harmless to humans, it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky625 View Post
    I have a solution to the cockroaches... Spiders!

The spider is a wonderful insect. It eats its pray, and household spiders are virtually harmless to humans, it's a fact.
    No joke there. Although I've always viewed spiders with mixed feelings. On one hand, they do as you indicate, eat insects. On the other hand, if you have lots of spiders, you've probably got a problem with other bugs.

Which brings me to a question (only because I've never bothered to look them up): I've seen the carcass of a spider that was light brown/white striped. Kind of looks like the same markings that you would see on a Lionfish. The one carcass I had in my garage spanned my palm, thats legs included, so about 2-3 inches and a body about the size of a peanut. Anyone have any idea what this spider is?

Racers Urged To Drink Beer, Not Water

POSTED: 7:29 am EDT June 25, 2007
    UPDATED: 7:56 am EDT June 25, 2007

SUAMICO, Wis. -- Only in Wisconsin do beer and exercise mix.

Several hundred people laced up Sunday morning for a two-mile charity race in which suds were the refresher of choice.

Competitors in the 19th annual Beer Belly Two might not be considered athletes, but they know how to have a good time. "My kids are running it, so hopefully they're already at the finish line and I'll see them in an hour or so," said racer Doug Burmeister. "You know, there's a lot of beer stops."

The race has raised more than $350,000 for local charities since its inception.

Beer Belly veteran Mike Marin said this is one workout he can really get into.

"This way the wife allows me to have a couple of beers because you're doing something," he said. "A little exercise, you kill two birds with one stone."

Stray Alligator Found In Fairfax County
    Alligator Found Outside Reston Home

POSTED: 10:21 am EDT June 28, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:35 am EDT June 28, 2007

RESTON, Va. -- Animal control officers in Fairfax County have recovered a stray alligator from outside a home in Reston.

Officers found the alligator Monday evening in the yard of a home in the 1800 block of Dasher Lane.

Authorities said the animal is approximately 2 feet, 6 inches long and weighs about five pounds.

It was in good health, according to authorities.

After being caught, the alligator was brought back to the shelter.

Officials planned to transfer the alligator to a licensed facility that can provide it with proper care.

Fairfax County ordinances prohibit the keeping of any wild or exotic animals and outline the prohibition of crocodilians, including but not limited to alligators, crocodiles, caimans and gavials.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Uummm ... Eerrr.... Ok....

Protesting Air Controllers Wear Dresses
    Group Upset About Dress Code, Schedules

POSTED: 9:37 am EDT June 29, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:04 am EDT June 29, 2007

The next time you fly, your safety could be in the hands of an air traffic controller wearing a dress -- and he's a guy.

Some controllers have been protesting a government dress code, by wearing women's clothing to work. Union spokesman Doug Church said the controllers are showing how ridiculous the regulations are because they don't bar men from wearing dresses. Shorts, jeans, T-shirts and halter tops are on the banned list.

The unionized controllers are also upset about changes in schedules, work breaks and pay issues.

Thread Information