Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2373113120121122123124125126133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3230

Thread: Weird But True

Given only two choices, a man in a dress or a man in a halter top, I would have to put my vote in for the dress. Maybe the ban on halter tops isn't such a hard rule to live with...

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Especially when the guy in the holter top looks like Grahame Greene on a Bad Hair Day.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Unhappy

Remember this guy the next time you think you're having a bad day at work:

Clerk robbed twice in one night

CanWest News Service Published: Friday, July 06, 2007

VANCOUVER - A clerk at a 7-Eleven was robbed at knifepoint twice in four hours -- by the same man.

The clerk was working at a Vancouver store when the man walked in and tried to buy cigarettes, but had no money. He left and returned late Wednesday night with a knife. He demanded cash and the clerk gave him some money. Police were called to the scene and investigated.

About four hours later, the man returned again with a knife and robbed the store a second time.

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2007
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Bank Robber Disguises Self As Tree
    Police Say Suspect Confessed

POSTED: 1:22 pm EDT July 9, 2007

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A Manchester man was arraigned on robbery charges Monday after police said he disguised himself as a tree to rob a bank over the weekend.

Related Content: Man Robs Bank In Tree Disguise | Images

James Coldwell, 49, was arraigned on one count of robbery. Police said that he robbed a Citizen's Bank branch Saturday morning and duct-taped tree branches to his head and body in an effort to disguise himself.

The robber allegedly demanded cash from a teller and walked out. Witnesses said it happened very fast.

According to court documents, Coldwell told police that he had been drinking coffee at Lake Massabesic when he decided to rob a bank. He said that he got the branches for his disguise at the lake, police said.

Investigators said that Coldwell ordered a teller to fill a bag with money, but a dye pack placed in the bag exploded at the scene. Police said they also found leaves and duct tape in Coldwell's car.

No one was hurt in the incident, and no weapon was shown.

Coldwell was arrested Saturday night after police received a tip from a viewer who saw the surveillance video.

Coldwell was ordered held on $10,000 bail.
    Distributed by Internet Broadcasting

She's too sexy for this bus

Reuters Published: Tuesday, July 17, 2007

BERLIN -- A German bus driver threatened to throw a 20-year-old sales clerk off his bus in the southern town of Lindau because he said she was too sexy, a newspaper reported on Monday.

"Suddenly he stopped the bus," the woman named Debora C. told Bild newspaper.

"He opened the door and shouted at me 'Your cleavage is distracting me every time I look into my mirror and I can't concentrate on the traffic. If you don't sit somewhere else, I'm going to have to throw you off the bus."'

The woman, pictured in Bild wearing her snug-fitting summer clothes with the plunging neckline, said she moved to another seat but was humiliated by the bus driver.

A spokesman for the bus company defended the driver.

"The bus driver is allowed to do that and he did the right thing," the spokesman said.

"A bus driver cannot be distracted because it's a danger to the safety of all the passengers."

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2007

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Bank Robber Disguises Self As Tree
    Police Say Suspect Confessed

POSTED: 1:22 pm EDT July 9, 2007

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A Manchester man was arraigned on robbery charges Monday after police said he disguised himself as a tree to rob a bank over the weekend.

Related Content: Man Robs Bank In Tree Disguise | Images

James Coldwell, 49, was arraigned on one count of robbery. Police said that he robbed a Citizen's Bank branch Saturday morning and duct-taped tree branches to his head and body in an effort to disguise himself.

The robber allegedly demanded cash from a teller and walked out. Witnesses said it happened very fast.

According to court documents, Coldwell told police that he had been drinking coffee at Lake Massabesic when he decided to rob a bank. He said that he got the branches for his disguise at the lake, police said.

Investigators said that Coldwell ordered a teller to fill a bag with money, but a dye pack placed in the bag exploded at the scene. Police said they also found leaves and duct tape in Coldwell's car.

No one was hurt in the incident, and no weapon was shown.

Coldwell was arrested Saturday night after police received a tip from a viewer who saw the surveillance video.

Coldwell was ordered held on $10,000 bail.
    He could of always said he was from another "branch" and was there to pick up the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by REVANANT View Post
    He could of always said he was from another "branch" and was there to pick up the transfer.
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAAA Thanks I needed that!

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Weird but true...there's been a NJFFSA16 sighting

Where ya been Ed? Dunno he replied...ain't ever been there before.

I gotta find myself...somewhere back on these forums.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Quote Originally Posted by NJFFSA16 View Post

WHERE YA BEEN BOY! Long time no see.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by NJFFSA16 View Post

Now THAT'S weird!

Hi Ed!! Good to see you come out of hiding.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Default what?!

Jonathan Powell, 17, was convicted in April of sexually assaulting a college student in Iowa City, Iowa, after his DNA was found in several places on her body. Powell explained the DNA by claiming that he had merely bumped into the woman accidentally while jogging and had become so "entangled" with her that he was unable to free himself for about "45 minutes." [Des Moines Register, 5-1-07]

Andres Vasquez, 20, of Verona, Ky., initially told the 911 operator in May that someone had "thrown" his truck on top of him, but he finally admitted he was drunk, had had a one-vehicle accident, was trapped upside-down and was in dire pain, fading in and out for over two hours to the dispatcher. The operators pleaded the entire time for Vasquez to just say where he was so that they could send a rescue party, but, as the Kentucky Enquirer put it, "When repeatedly asked his location, (Vasquez's) answer was always the same: 'I'm under the **** truck.'" (He finally gave a clue and was rescued.) [Kentucky Enquirer, 5-18-07]

Unclear on the Concept: After the owner of a wrought-iron business in Brussels, Belgium, abruptly turned away a 53-year-old Nigerian native who had applied for a job, the local labor office declared the owner racist. However, the man said he was just trying to protect the Nigerian from the owner's dog. "My dog is racist," he said. "Not me." [Reuters, 6-9-07]

Inmates accused in name copyright scheme
    Tue Jul 17, 9:28 PM ET

Forget about digging a hole with a spoon to escape from prison. Four federal inmates are accused of going above and beyond that call.
    The four were indicted Tuesday on allegations that they copyrighted their names, then demanded millions of dollars from prison officials for using the names without authorization.
    The indictment alleges that inmates Russell Dean Landers, Clayton Heath Albers, Carl Ervin Batts and Barry Dean Bischof sent demand notices for payment to the warden of the El Reno federal prison and filed liens against his property. They then hired someone to seize his vehicles, freeze his bank accounts and change the locks on his house.
    Then, believing the warden's property had been seized, the inmates said they wouldn't return his property unless they were released from prison, according to the indictment.
    But the person hired by the inmates turned out to be an undercover FBI agent, said U.S. Attorney John C. Richter.
    The four men and William Michael Roberson, 50, of Baton Rouge, La., were indicted on accusations of conspiring to impede the duties of federal prison officials, Richter said. Roberson is accused of assisting the four inmates in the scheme, which allegedly took place in late 2003 and early 2004.
    All five were also indicted on charges of mailing threatening communications with the intent to extort.
    The conspiracy count carries a maximum penalty of six years in prison and a $250,000 fine. The mail charge is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
    It was unclear whether those indicted Tuesday had attorneys.

Does this guy have a really big brass pair or what? I truly dont know what to make of it myself. No paper airplanes, broaches or teradactyls from this one....

Judge Makes Fake Marine Tend Military Graves
    Man Wore Brother's Medals

POSTED: 9:12 am EDT July 31, 2007

TACOMA, Wash. -- A man who posed as a decorated Marine Corps captain for two years will tend graves at a military cemetery as part his sentence to serve 500 hours of community service, a federal judge ruled.

Reggie L. Buddle, 59, of Puyallup pleaded guilty in April to unlawful wearing of U.S. military medals and decorations. He told U.S. Magistrate Judge Kelly J. Arnold at his sentencing Monday that he was ashamed of his conduct.

Buddle never served in the Marines. He bought the uniform at a military surplus store, and the medals belonged to his brother, a Marine who died in Vietnam.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Ron Friedman told the court in his sentencing memo that the publicity had been punishment. "Mr. Buddle has been appropriately made to answer before a great many people, and he has been shunned by a great many others," Friedman wrote.

Buddle posed as a Marine Corps captain in 2005 and 2006, wearing a uniform with medals intended as awards for extraordinary contribution to national defense and heroism in combat. He even gave the opening prayer for the Washington state Senate in 2006 and posed as a chaplain and reverend, including officiating at weddings and funerals of servicemen.

Buddle wasn't ordained, however Friedman has said the marriages he presided over would still be lawfully recognized.

The judge said Monday that Buddle would serve his community service tending graves at the Tahoma Military Cemetery in Kent.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.

I like the punishment thought, and that they were willing to honour the weddings. Although I still think he is a sick schmuck all the same.

My grandpa was a sniper in WW2. He was in front of the front lines. He got all kinds of medals. I know some of what he went through to get them. I say "some" because he never told me much of anything about the bad stuff. So, I couldn't imagine some guy trying to take my grandpa's honor away from him. He's gone now, to be at peace with God. So it's even more important, since he's not here to defend himself against people like that. People need to take a serious stand against losers like that. His brother was in Vietnam. I've heard the horror stories. It doesn't really matter what branch you served in, or what war it was. Anybody that did/does it, deserves RESPECT, not dishonor like that crap jack wafer is doing to his own brother.

Red face Aawweeee Fudge!

Woman Arrested In Stolen Fudge Case
    Police: Woman Had Claimed To Be Victim Of Sex Assault

POSTED: 11:02 am EDT August 3, 2007
    UPDATED: 11:32 am EDT August 3, 2007

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- Police are investigating a bizarre case of what they said is theft in Annapolis.

Authorities said that on Wednesday at about 12:03 a.m., the clerk at the Maryland House Hotel on Church Circle reported that a woman came into the lobby and said that she was the victim of a sexual assault.

Officers said they met with the alleged victim, Catherine Anne Delgado, 35, of Greenbelt, at the scene. They said her claim of an assault proved to be unfounded.

Police said that during the course of talking to Delgado, they noticed that she had a large amount of chocolate fudge in her pockets, so much that some of it was spilling out.

An officer was sent to the nearby Fudge Kitchen at 112 Main St, police said, and the front door was found to be unsecured.

The owner responded and determined that a large amount of fudge had been stolen from the store display sometime since closing, police said. The owner could not determine why the door was left unlocked.

Meanwhile, Delgado used the restroom during her interview at the hotel, police said, and she tried to flush a large amount of fudge down the toilet. The fudge endedup clogging up the toilet, police said, and as a result, Delgado was arrested and charged with burglary.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com.
    ========
    Alcoholic Drink Labels May Get Face Lift
    Rule Would Require More Info On Alcohol Labels

POSTED: 8:56 am EDT July 31, 2007

NEW YORK -- Alcoholic drink labels may be getting a face lift.

The Treasury Department is considering a new rule that would require companies to put alcoholic content, serving sizes and nutritional information on all alcoholic drink packaging.

From beer cans to wine bottles, the proposed rule said labels must include a statement of the beverage's percentage of alcohol by volume.

The rule also requires labels to include a "serving facts" panel, with the amount of calories, carbohydrates, fat and protein for a standard serving size.

An executive for a premium drinks business calls the proposal "a giant and very positive step in the right direction" for the alcohol industry.

Officials are publishing the proposed rule Tuesday and asking for public comment through Oct. 29. The department will then review the comments and decide whether to make the rule official.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.

Funny thing is, Canada has had the alcohol/volume on all labels for more years than I've been allowed to drink. I guess down here, they didn't want anyone to "really know" that beer is only 2.5% and only on the rarest of occasions 4% eheheheheee.
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 08-03-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Now ya know ya can't just make this stuff up:

Police Say Pair Tortured Animals During Sex
    Animals Decapitated On Video, Police Say

POSTED: 9:55 am EDT August 3, 2007

KEYSTONE HEIGHTS, Fla. -- A suburban Gainesville, Fla., couple faces charges after allegedly torturing animals while performing sex acts on each other.

Brenda and Clyde Farrell of Keystone Heights have each been charged with four counts of animal cruelty. Police obtained a video they said shows the abuse. They said a frog, two chameleons and a parakeet were all nailed or taped to a board, then slowly decapitated.

The two tortured the animals as they engaged in sex acts, police said.

Officers investigated the couple after the wife went to deputies, telling them her husband might be plotting to kill a co-worker.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Now ya know ya can't just make this stuff up:

Police Say Pair Tortured Animals During Sex
    Animals Decapitated On Video, Police Say

POSTED: 9:55 am EDT August 3, 2007

KEYSTONE HEIGHTS, Fla. -- A suburban Gainesville, Fla., couple faces charges after allegedly torturing animals while performing sex acts on each other.

Brenda and Clyde Farrell of Keystone Heights have each been charged with four counts of animal cruelty. Police obtained a video they said shows the abuse. They said a frog, two chameleons and a parakeet were all nailed or taped to a board, then slowly decapitated.

The two tortured the animals as they engaged in sex acts, police said.

Officers investigated the couple after the wife went to deputies, telling them her husband might be plotting to kill a co-worker.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

See there are just no words to describe this. Unbelievable.

Talking

Every time a stupid person does something dumb an angel farts... Stupid people=job security
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Uknown

Man Used Dirty Money To Buy Clean Underwear
    DA: Man Never Wore Underwear Twice

POSTED: 7:14 am EDT August 6, 2007
    UPDATED: 7:38 am EDT August 6, 2007

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. -- Officers in Sheboygan said a man has stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars at a time from a landlord in the area over the course of several years and then used some of it to buy underwear.

Dina Matlin is a long-time Sheboygan landlord, and while her office isn't fancy, investigators said it was worth millions.

Sheboygan County District Attorney Joe DeCecco said that for decades, Matlin had been stashing cash in the income tax service building.

"She had been taking rental payments, putting them in envelopes and in boxes in her office for a long time," DeCecco said.

DeCecco said there were 14 boxes full of money. Some of the cash was 50 years old.

Matthew Harju worked for Matlin and police said he used his keys to get the cash. DeCecco said that for years, Harju and possible accomplices raided the office, stealing more than a million dollars.

"This person and perhaps other people involved with him would use it as their personal bank. They'd take money whenever they needed it, and they took a lot of money," DeCecco said.

Investigators said Harju spent the money on a variety of things, including vintage cars and an endless supply of underwear.

"He never had to use underwear twice. He would just buy new underwear and never wash or change them," DeCecco said.

Harju is currently serving time for breaking into the office earlier this year.

Investigators said they believe that at least two other people may have been involved in the thefts, but said they won't be charged or arrested because the case is too hard to prove.

Question

Blind man arrested for driving car
    TALLINN (Reuters) - Police in the Baltic state of Estonia
    stopped a man who was driving erratically at the weekend, only
    to find he was blind.
    The 20-year-old was driving in the southern city of Tartu
    early Sunday -- helped by instructions from his 16-year-old
    passenger.
    "At first they thought he was just drunk, but the man kept
    missing the tube for the breath test, then they realized he was
    blind" and arrested him, Tartu Police spokeswoman Marge Kohtla
    said Monday.

Red face Oh yuck!

No more crispy duck served at toilets
    BEIJING (Reuters) - Food stalls attached to Beijing's
    public toilets will be removed in good time for next year's
    Olympics, state media said Saturday.
    Complaints over toilets with poor sanitation and toilet
    operators turning them into commercial operations led to the
    ban, which comes into force in October.
    "It is not proper to sell soft drinks or snacks right at
    the toilets," the Beijing News said, citing sources within the
    Beijing Municipal Administration Commission.
    "The city authorities also plan to publish a toilet guide,
    provide toilet information over the telephone and the Internet
    and erect more road signs to help toilet users."
    Billboards near toilets will also be banned, Xinhua news
    agency said.

Thread Information