Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152159160161162
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3230

Thread: Weird But True

Seriously?!?!?! Their time and money couldn't be spent on more worthwhile issues?

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/pr...qWKCdLqY5PoHTg

Another dumb rule or law. Besides I know guy who sit down anyway. They say it is to relax! Relax what?? It just make the water in the loo touch you!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

DANG! Another "Page 3" thread:

Cops release list of best silly 911 calls of 2012 20 QMI Agency

First posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 01:16 PM EST | Updated: Friday, December 28, 2012 02:33 PM EST

Here is Chatham-Kent Police Service's top 12 silly calls of 2012.

12. A man came to the police station inquiring if anyone had turned in his lost dentures. He still had his top teeth, but he was looking for his bottoms. (Fotolia)

11. A man called police to report that his unlocked vehicle had been entered and someone had stolen his winning donut and coffee tab from Tim Hortons. (DAVID BLOOM/ QMI AGENCY)

10. A man called police to report two girls damaged his car. However, the evidence indicated the white substance on the car had been left by birds and not girls. (Fotolia)

9. A man called police claiming he had just been struck by a vehicle. The man even provided a description of the suspect vehicle. Through investigation, the man finally admitted that due to his intoxication, he tripped over a trailer hitch in the driveway. (Fotolia)

8. A man called 911 to report that there was a squirrel on his front porch acting suspicious. (Fotolia)

7. A man called 911 to report that there was a large snapping turtle on the sidewalk that appeared to be getting ready to jump into traffic. (Fotolia)

6. A woman called police to report that she has just been threatened by her downstairs neighbour. Apparently as the woman watered her plants, some water dripped down onto her neighbour's dog below. (Fotolia)

5. A 13-year-old youth called police to report that her mother would not allow her to do her own laundry. (Fotolia)

4. A man called police in January to complain about the weather report he just heard on a local radio station. They reported "slight flurries" when in fact he was driving in a "snowstorm." (Fotolia)

3. A woman called police to report that her drug dealer was lacing her crack, causing her to hallucinate and hear voices. She asked police to make him stop doing that. (Fotolia)

2. A woman called police to report that she was just attacked by a duck who was now sitting in a puddle watching her. The woman was not injured, and officers failed to locate the duck upon their arrival. (Fotolia)

1. Police were called to a family dispute between a father and his adult son. The son called police because his father told him to brush his teeth and he didn't want to. Police were able to defuse the situation by talking the 20-year-old son into brushing his teeth right away, thus making his 63-year-old father happy. (Fotolia)

The Chatham-Kent Police Service has released its top 12 silly calls of 2012, seen above.

Check out a few more memorable calls and excuses they encountered this past year:

Best Speeding Excuses of 2012

Officers are used to hearing creative excuses from drivers stopped for speeding. This year was no exception.

1. A 25-year-old woman was stopped for speeding and gave the excuse that she must have stepped on the accelerator as she adjusted her seating position to pass gas.

2. One woman tried to cover all the bases when she offered up the following 3 explanations all within 30 seconds…

a) Her ovary burst and she was on her way to hospital.

b) She was diabetic and needed insulin.

c) She had diarrhea and needed a washroom.

While these are all serious medical conditions, the woman finally admitted that she was not affected by any of the explanations given and apologized to the officer for speeding and lying.

Cutest Call of 2012

A three-year-old boy called 911 while watching the Disney Pixar blockbuster movie 'Cars.' The boy was concerned for the safety of Lightning McQueen when Chick Hicks was chasing him.
    ==========

Ooompa Loompas on the lam following street attack: Cops 4

QMI Agency

First posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 01:50 PM EST | Updated: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 01:59 PM EST

Cops in Norwich, England, say they're on the lookout for two Oompa Loompas and their associates after an assault last Thursday.

Police said a female suspect and three males, including two dressed as the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory characters, attacked a man in the street at around 3:30 a.m.

The man, 28, had just come out of a kebab house when the colourful gang jumped him, police said.

Two of the male suspects had "painted orange faces and dyed green hair and were wearing hooped tops," police said.

"One of the males in the group then pushed the victim to the floor before he got up. He was then hit on the head, fell to the floor and hit again," police said. "The victim sustained a cut below his right eye, two black eyes, a small cut to the nose and a cut lip."

Anyone with intel on the Oompa Loompas is asked to call police.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Out of beer? Please don’t call 911

Jeff Bell , Times Colonist January 4, 2013

Only phone 911 for emergencies. It may seem obvious, but a 911 call to the B.C. Ambulance Service won’t help you deal with insect problems.

And don’t call 911 when your beer supplies are gone, or if your cellphone is acting up.

Believe it or not, these are among the unusual reasons people had for contacting emergency-medical dispatchers at the provincial ambulance service in 2012. Here is a partial list:

• I think my house is infested with fleas. Can someone come and check it out?

• My husband is driving me crazy. I need you to take him away.

• I can’t get through to my cell provider.

• I swallowed toothpaste. I didn’t spit it out. Will it make me sick? No I don’t need an ambulance, but if I do, how much does it cost?

• I have a doctor’s appointment in the morning. Could you call me at 8 so I’m not late?

Funny? Sure, but also a good reminder that the 911 system is not something to trivialize, said Pauline Park, who heads the dispatch centre for Vancouver Island. Every call that comes in has to be assessed.

“It’s not for us to question somebody’s integrity.”

Most of the approximately 394,000 calls to 911 for an ambulance in the province last year were legitimate.

Park said those who call with unsuitable requests are reminded that the system is intended for medical emergencies.

“We do try and help some people, as well. If it’s a phone number they want for a hospital or a doctor’s office, it’s easier sometimes just to give them the numbers, and try to explain the use of 911.”

They are only so many 911 lines and 911 operators, Park said.

“Once they’re tied up dealing with these types of calls, possibly a genuine medical emergency can’t get through in a timely manner.”

jwbell@timescolonist.com

© Copyright (c)

Cat caught sneaking saw, cell phone into Brazil prison

RIO DE JANEIRO - A cat carrying a saw and a mobile phone was “detained” as it entered a prison gate in northeast Brazil, Brazilian media reported on Saturday.

Prison guards were surprised when they saw a white cat crossing the main gate of the prison, its body wrapped with tape. A closer look showed the feline also carried drills, an earphone, a memory card, batteries and a phone charger.

All 263 detainees in the prison of Arapiraca, a city of 215,000 people in the state of Alagoas, are considered suspect in the plot, which is being investigated by local police.

“It’s tough to find out who’s responsible for the action as the cat doesn’t speak,” a prison spokesperson told local paper Estado de S.Paulo.

The cat was taken to an animal disease center to receive medical care.

The incident took place on New Year’s day but was first reported by national media on Saturday.

Employees creative in tardiness excuses

Carla Wilson / Times Colonist February 11, 2013

Uh, boss. I’m going to be a little late for work today because ...

• I had to put a raincoat on my cement duck lawn ornament because the forecast calls for rain.

• My wife was so mad at me that she froze my truck keys in a glass of water in the freezer.

• I drove to my previous employer by mistake.

These are just a few of the quirky excuses employers heard last year, according to the annual CareerBuilder survey of memorable reasons that workers did not show up on time. The online survey of managers and workers was done in the U.S. in November.

Traffic is the most common reason for being late, at 31 per cent, the job search website said. Others often heard are lack of sleep, having to take children to daycare or school, poor weather and delays in public transportation.

More than a quarter of workers admit they are late at least once a month, and 16 per cent are late once a week or more.

“Employers understand that every now and again circumstances will arise that are out of a worker’s control and unfortunately cause a late arrival to work,” said Rosemary Haefner of CareerBuilder. “It escalates to a problem when the behavior becomes repetitive, causing employers to take disciplinary action. More than one-third of hiring managers reported they had to fire someone for being late.”

Family and traffic are common reasons for lateness, said Christine Stoneman, chief operating officer of Victoria’s Chemistry Consulting, specializing in human resources and business throughout the province. She also oversees Chemistry’s subsidiary GT Hiring Solutions, which delivers Employment Program of B.C. services.

Stoneman passed on excuses she and colleagues have heard:

• “My cat attacked me this morning and I had to wait until the bleeding stopped before I could leave the house.”

• A bird pooped on an employee’s head on the way to work, so the worker returned home to wash up.

• “Damn GPS!” took me in the wrong direction.”

• “The lid of my coffee was not on tight and spilled all over me.”

• Previous appointment ran late.

• Missed alarms, a.k.a. “accidentally slept in.”

• Car broke.

• Couldn’t find keys/wallet/shoes.

• Ran out of gas.

• Couldn’t find parking.

• An employee’s wallet was stolen.

Stoneman said in employment training programs, people are urged to think of how colleagues will be affected by lateness. That means informing a manager or another worker as soon as possible to allow others to adapt.

Other excuses cited by CareerBuilder’s survey:

• A worker dropped her purse into a coin-operated newspaper box and couldn’t get it back because her coins were in her purse.

• A bear attacked the car. The employee took pictures for evidence.

• An employee accidentally left the house wearing his roommate’s girlfriend’s shoes and had to return to change.

• The car wouldn’t start because its breathalyzer device showed that the worker was drunk.

© Copyright 2013

Any one know of any others?

September 4, 2013 -- New York, New York. The 12th anniversary of 9/11/01 attacks are here. It was like yesterday for us. NEVER FORGET.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40