Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Weird But True

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

January 10, 2006 -- Love me tender, or I'm gone! That was the threat Jim Curtin's girlfriend made, when she told him either his Elvis Presley memorabilia goes or she does. Her warning got Curtin all shook up, and he auctioned off the collection in Beverly Hills. Among the Elvis goodies that went were three of The King's concert suits, including one that fetched $125,000.

In all, Curtin netted about $2 million from the sale.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I can't find the story on it, and I have to leave for work so I can't look any more right now.

Heard on the radio just now about a lady who "paints" with her breasts and is selling the paintings for about $70 each!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary
    ...Heard on the radio just now about a lady who "paints" with her breasts and is selling the paintings for about $70 each!
    well keep us ABREAST of that story...
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by E40FDNYL35
    well keep us ABREAST of that story...
    Funny guy

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Artist paints with her breasts

An Australian woman has become famous for her ability to paint with her breasts. Di Peel’s first canvas sold for £5, her second for £10 and she’s now busy with an order for 10 at £40 each.

The mother of two, from Tasmania, who is happy to describe herself as a big woman, works at the kitchen table rather than at an easel, reports the Mercury newspaper. She said: “I either apply the paint to my breasts and lean on to the canvas or apply the paint to the canvas and then lean into it to spread the paint. “I sign every picture with my nipple.”

Di says she has to take a shower every time she changes colours and uses canvases because drawing paper tends to slide around the table. Commenting on her work, she added: “They are more like abstract flowers. But my latest piece, people say, looks like the Earth from space. My son named it Earthquake, because he thinks it looks like an earthquake.” ananova

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...8-1-2006_pg9_3

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Shop assistant found naked with mannequin

A Turkish shop assistant was arrested after he was found lying naked with a mannequin in a store window.

The 30-year-old man was discovered by colleagues opening up the department store in Antalya for the day. They called police after noticing bite marks on the mannequin. Two other mannequins that showed signs of abuse were also taken in as evidence. The shop assistant allegedly hid in the toilets while the store was being locked up for the night. The man has been charged with damaging property. ananova

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

January 11, 2006 -- This will make your skin crawl.
    The libraries of universities like Harvard and Brown have collections of centuries-old books with bindings made of human skin. Experts say it was common for bookbinders to use the skin of unwanted human cadavers in the 16th century. While human leather is repulsive in today's society, libraries can have the books if they're used respectfully for research, said ethicist Paul Wolpe of the University of Pennsylvania, adding: "If you . . . said these are books from Nazi Germany, I would have a very different response."
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Forum Member

I swear you make these stories up!

I guess they just "wrote around" moles & freckles?

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Only In California Eh? Maybe Not....

Valet Girls To Park Cars In Bikinis, Lingerie. Company Going Nationwide

POSTED: 9:12 am EST January 12, 2006

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- The Valet Girls will be parking cars in bikinis or lingerie.

California Girls Valet Parking has acquired Malibu-based Valet Girls and plans to go nationwide.

Clients can request a variety of uniforms, from the skimpy to cute. The company said most of its Valet Girls are models, actresses or dancers earning some extra money.

Valet Girl Dana Cole, an aspiring actress, said her favorite costume is the schoolgirl outfit, with a plaid miniskirt and sneakers. She said it's sexy and easy to run around in.

Cole said tips range from a couple of bucks to $100. She said she's been tipped twice with a C-note.

The girls have parked vehicles at parties for celebrities, including George Burns, Dennis Hopper, Frank Zappa, Sen. Hillary Clinton, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bob Hope, according to TheAutoChannel.com.

Company officials said it is their goal to be operating in 40 cities by 2010.
    Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Another one for SNOPES, anyone?

Cat Saves Family From Fire, Survives Collapsed Roof

UPDATED: 12:46 pm EST January 11, 2006

BETHEL ACRES, Okla. -- Perhaps a cat that saved her family from a house fire on Monday night was a hero, Oklahoma City television station KOCO reported.

Either way, a family of three from Bethel Acres is glad their cat, Sonic, wandered upstairs when she did.

"I thought she was in heat, making that weird noise that she makes," said Kelly Berry, an author who not only lost her home but also several manuscripts.

Sonic ran upstairs, alerted Kelly, John and Janelle Berry and immediately darted downstairs, where a fire had started. Investigators said the fire likely emanated from an electrical short in the home.

However, trouble lay ahead for the heroic feline.

"We hear the roof cracking and caving in," Berry said.

Eventually, that roof collapsed, right on top of the cat. However, after a couple of hours, firefighters were able to rescue cat from the rubble.

"It just changed my mood completely once I knew she was alive," Berry said.
    Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

January 12, 2006 -- It was a case of blue's clues.
    A young man held up a motel in Alaska — disguised as a Smurf. Daniel Peter Clark, 19, was nabbed after he forgot to thoroughly clean his face and Anchorage police spotted him with blue stains on his neck, ears and forehead. "It was a clue. Blue ink on his fingers also was a tip-off," said Lt. Paul Honeman.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pool Area Not For Breastfeeding, Ann Arbor Woman Told

An Ann Arbor woman says she was asked to stop breastfeeding her baby in public at an area YMCA. Now she hopes by speaking out, the gray line about breast-feeding in public is eliminated.

On Dec. 22, Kelly Fuks took her 6-month-old daughter, Ansley, and her 3-year-old son, Maxwell, to the swimming area of the YMCA in Ann Arbor.

According to Fuks, a lifeguard of the YMCA approached her and told her she could not breast-feed by the pool.

"Ansley is a paid member of the YMCA too," Fuks said.

Senior Programs Director at the YMCA Diane Carr said there is no food or water allowed in the pool area and exceptions cannot be made.

"It's difficult to be able to make exceptions and then be able to enforce them," Carr told The Ann Arbor News.

Fuks later contacted the Y by telephone and told the newspaper that the reason she was told breast-feeding by the pool was not allowed was that it created a distraction to lifeguards.

"I think they have a bad policy and place a burden on people with small children," Fuks said.

Linda Wieser, liaison for the La Leche League, told The Ann Arbor News that the situation is not uncommon.

"People assume there are laws to these things, but there really are not," she said.

Michigan exempts breast-feeding from its public nudity statute, but it does not protect a woman's right to breast-feed in public places.

The YMCA does allow breast-feeding in other areas where parents and children are permitted to be together, including the locker rooms and lobby.

Why do these Fuks need to breastfeed at the pool? Don't they have locker rooms?

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

January 14, 2006 -- Jackie and Brian Lawson of Chimacum, Wash., got more than they bargained for when they called the Internal Revenue Service to request an instruction book. Instead of a single copy of Form 1040 instructions for 2003 — which they needed to correct a costly error on a past return — they received 12 cartons containing 24,000 copies of Form 1040 instructions for 2005. And UPS called to say another 12 boxes were about to be delivered — all packed with instructions, not refunds.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Forum Member

Why do these Fuks need to breastfeed at the pool? Don't they have locker rooms?
    Yes they have locker rooms, but unfortunately for the mother babies dont like to have to wait for thier milk. To make it worse, the poor mother gets dirty looks from everybody because her thirsty/hungry baby wants it's milk. Now she has the dilemna of p!ssing off group A or p!ssing off group B.

Have a little heart eh? If someone said that to my sister or any of my sister-in-laws, they would be regretting it so help me god.

Further more, is it too much to ask for the lifeguards to NOT perve? that is so wrong on so many levels. low lifes.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

January 15, 2006 -- A drunken driver helped Georgia police uncover a $1 million indoor pot farm when he smashed through the wall of an apartment building, ruptured a gas line and drew firefighters to the scene. They found the marijuana when they went through the building checking apartments for gas leaks. They then called in the Gwinnett County drug task force. The green-fingered occupant was hit with marijuana-trafficking charges and released on bond.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Man breaks leg while kicking spider
    January 2006 -- A 19-year-old broke his leg in two places while kicking at a spider in the NSW Southern Highlands. NRMA CareFlight said the teenager was flown to Liverpool Hospital in a stable condition from a property 25km west of Mittagong after the incident involving a large huntsman spider before 1pm (AEDT) on Thursday. The force of the man's kick at the spider broke his right leg in two places and also killed the spider. The Huntsman is listed by the Australian Museum as being a relatively harmless species, although the Badge Huntsman can cause pain, headache, vomiting and an irregular pulse.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

January 16, 2006 -- In most places, a politician has to kiss babies. It's rougher in Arkansas, where politicians have to chow down on barbecued raccoon, too. And while some pols get queasy at the annual Coon Supper in Gillett — the ultimate meet-and-greet for state candidates — skipping it is even worse, officials say. "If it weren't for the Coon Supper, I probably wouldn't be in public life today," admitted Rep. Marion Berry.

And no, Pepto-Bismol is not included
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

January 17, 2006 -- A pet parrot attacked a man who broke into his owner's apartment — and the bite and blood marks helped Pennsylvania police identify the culprit. Michael Deeter, 44, of Williamsport, admitted to cops that Sunshine flew into a rage after he broke into James Erb's home.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

MembersZone Subscriber

giggling at :
    January 17, 2006 -- ... Sunshine flew into a rage ...
    I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

Forum Member

January 17, 2006 -- A pet parrot attacked a man who broke into his owner's apartment — and the bite and blood marks helped Pennsylvania police identify the culprit. Michael Deeter, 44, of Williamsport, admitted to cops that Sunshine flew into a rage after he broke into James Erb's home.
    I can hear the song now..

Sunshine... on my shoulders... got me busted
    Sunshine... bit me on the nose
    Sunshine that damn parrot made me flail
    Sunshine is maklng me go to jail.....

*apologies to the late John Denver
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

What is sad : Next week's headline may include a lawsuit filed by the perp against the owner of the parrot, seeking damages for injuries sustained... blah, blah, blah...
    I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

January 18, 2006 -- The Rev. James Rual Chalk has tied the knot for the third time — at the age of 100. And since his bride is a spry 68, you might say the minister from Morris Chapel, Tenn., robbed the cradle. The pastor and his new wife, with their families combined, have four children, 10 grandchildren and 14 great-grandkids.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

MembersZone Subscriber

Study: Region's Teens Pose Driving Risks

POSTED: 11:41 am EST January 18, 2006
    UPDATED: 11:58 am EST January 18, 2006

WASHINGTON -- More than 1,100 people died in accidents involving teen drivers between 1995 and 2004, in D.C., Maryland and Virginia, according to a AAA report.

Officials at AAA Mid-Atlantic said the report indicates that pedestrians or passengers in other cars were more likely to die in accidents involving teen drivers in the District, while the teen driver and his passengers were more at risk in Virginia and Maryland.

AAA spokesman John Townsend said drivers under 18 and their passengers accounted for about 42 percent of the 24 traffic fatalities in the District from 1995 through 2004.

That compares to nearly 75 percent of the 406 Maryland and 675 Virginia deaths in the same period.

Copyright 2006 by nbc4.com. The Associated Press

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

January 19, 2006 -- When Idaho's Bingham County Historical Society met last week, an item with a special "historical" significance was presented to its president, Vestle Wixom — her wallet, lost for 56 years. The wallet, recently found behind a movie theater's concession stand, contained a Blackfoot HS student-activity card from the 1949-50 school year and photos. A flabbergasted Wixom said, "After all these years, I'd even forgotten about losing it."
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

MembersZone Subscriber

D.C. Officer Caught Surfing On Car Hood
    Officer Rode On Top Of Speeding Patrol Car

POSTED: 7:51 pm EST January 18, 2006
    UPDATED: 8:45 pm EST January 18, 2006

WASHINGTON -- A D.C. police officer is caught riding down a street with his legs dangling over the side of a cruiser.

An eyewitness photographed the officer as he rode on the hood of a police cruiser on I Street in Northeast at 5 p.m. Sunday. A second squad car was also following the police vehicle.

Jason Lamberton said he took the photos from the second-floor window of his house. After taking the photos, he entered them along with some comments on a friend's Web site through his computer. The site features a web log for deaf people.

Lamberton, who is deaf, is also a math whiz and calculated the speed of the cruisers at about 27 mph above the posted speed limit.

Slideshow: Images From Scene

With the assistance of a translator, Lamberton gave an interview to News4.

"Luckily, I had my camera in my pocket when I saw the cop cars whizzing by with sirens blazing. The officer was riding on the hood of patrol car number 162, laughing as it ran past the stop sign on I Street," said Lamberton.

When asked about his reaction, Lamberton replied, "Oh, my God. I thought it was stupid -- lack of common sense."

The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department is now investigating safety issues relating to the incident.

"We don't let citizens ride on hoods, and we shouldn't do it. It would be considered conduct unbecoming an officer if a cruiser ran a stop sign or was racing down the street," 1st District Cmdr. Diane Grooms said. "It could result in a suspension if an officer was involved in horseplay. If not, a reprimand would be put in the officer's jacket documenting this inappropriate behavior."

Grooms also said the officer admitted he rode on the hood of the cruiser, and said it was done because he needed to be transported to his squad car about two blocks away.

Police told News4 that if a normal citizen in the nation's capital were to be seen on top of a car, an officer would be required to give him/her a ticket and cite the person behind the wheel for reckless driving.
    Copyright 2006 by nbc4.com. All rights reserved.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Sitting on my Laa Laa waiting for my Yaa Yaa

If Mr. Lamberton was deaf, how did he know the "sirens were blazing?"

I suppose he may have felt the vibrations or got the information from neighbors.....
    Chris Minick, P.E., Firefighter II
    Structures Specialist, MD-TF 1

These statements are mine and mine alone
    I.A.C.O.J. Building crust and proud of it

Thread Information