Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 162 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768697077117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3230

Thread: Weird But True

Default warning: sarcasm rant is ON!

Oh My God! The horror!

There are more important things to worry about than what type of footwear somewbody wore to the White House!

rant is now OFF.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Just today I heard a poor dispatcher trying to contain herself as she toned out a "Chihuahua attached to a belly button ring" call for a Mercer County ambulance service. I was LMAO!!!
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

July 27, 2005 -- A sicko Web site called murderauction.com is selling off the personal items of America's most notorious killers. Inventory includes Unabomber Ted Kaczynski's shoes, dishes and typewriter, John Wayne Gacy's Illinois license plate and letters written by Dennis Rader, the BTK killer. Much of the proceeds will go to the victims, but Gary Wright — left with 200 shrapnel wounds from the Unabomber — said, "I don't think there's ever enough money to pay for damage to your body, or your mind, or your psyche."
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

July 28, 2005 -- Ezekiel Rubottom has his left foot back exactly where he wants it — in a bucket on the front porch of his Kansas home. Cops in Lawrence returned the amputated foot to him after seizing it to check out just how it got there. Rubottom, 21, had surgeons cut it off three weeks ago after a series of medical problems, asked the hospital if he could have it, then started keeping it in a bucket of formaldehyde. "Now I've got my foot back," he said. "That's all I wanted. I'm not sick or, like, a danger. I just wanted my foot."
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Question HOW DUMB CAN A PERSON BE?

Thief's lesson: never rob a donought shop

Canadian Press July 28, 2005

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - With an FBI office a few floors above him and the agent in charge waiting in line, Andrew Johnson picked the wrong coffee shop to rob.

The 34-year-old went behind the counter and grabbed $165 from a cash drawer, authorities said. Carl Spicocchi, head of the FBI's Toledo office, thought Johnson was an employee until the store manager confronted him.

Johnson then jumped over the counter and threw the store manager into a juice machine, police said.

The manager, Spicocchi and two others tried to get Johnson on the ground. Spicocchi said he called 911, and other FBI agents in the building came down and handcuffed Johnson.

Police charged Johnson, of Toledo, with robbery and felony vandalism. Authorities said he later kicked out the back window of a police car.

© The Canadian Press 2005
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Question THE FOOTS IN THE CAN MAN

I don't really know what to make of this one.....

**but I am sure some Smart Alec will make some reference to "Airplane"**

Man gets amputated foot back after police seize it briefly

Canadian Press Thursday, July 28, 2005

LAWRENCE, Kansas (AP) - Ezekiel Rubottom now has his left foot back exactly where he wants it - in a bucket on the front porch. Police in Kansas has returned the amputated foot to him after seizing it during the weekend to check out just how it came to be there.

The 21-year-old man's foot was amputated three weeks ago after a series of medical problems, and he started keeping it in a five-gallon (20-liter) bucket filled with formaldehyde.

It came to the attention of police after a call from a parent whose child reported seeing the severed foot. Officers who went to the home late Saturday night found the foot, and some of Rubottom's friends, but no sign of Rubottom himself.

Unsure of what to make of the unusual discovery, police confiscated the severed foot and put it into evidence storage.

"We had to make sure that no crime had been committed," said Sgt. Dan Ward.

Rubottom, an artist, recovering methamphetamine addict and occasional hip-hop master of ceremonies, said he was born with a clubbed foot and has dealt all his life with pressure sores and infections. An infection this summer became so severe that doctors at Lawrence Memorial Hospital decided it should be amputated.

Rubottom asked to have the severed foot. A pathologist at the hospital checked to make sure it wouldn't be a hazard and told him he could have it, provided he kept it in a container labeled with instructions for handling the formaldehyde.

Karen Shumate, a vice president at the hospital, said people can keep parts removed from their bodies if they want them.

"They've had women that want their uterus," she said. "People take tonsils. They take appendixes. I think it's unusual that someone would want a foot, but it's within their rights because it's theirs."

After a friend picked up the bucket at a hardware store, Rubottom added several objects as well as the severed foot - including a porcelain horse and can of beer - to make what he called "a collage of myself." He also cut off two of the toes, saying he was considering giving them to friends.

On Monday, police returned the foot to Rubottom after taking him to the hospital, where he signed a release allowing them to see his medical records.

"It's cool. It's all good," said Rubottom. "Now I've got my foot back. That's all I wanted.

"I'm not sick or, like, a danger," he said of his decision to keep and display the foot. "I just wanted my foot ... I just figured I'd do with it whatever I pleased."

If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Originally posted by E40FDNYL35
    July 28, 2005 -- Ezekiel Rubottom has his left foot back exactly where he wants it — in a bucket on the front porch of his Kansas home. Cops in Lawrence returned the amputated foot to him after seizing it to check out just how it got there. Rubottom, 21, had surgeons cut it off three weeks ago after a series of medical problems, asked the hospital if he could have it, then started keeping it in a bucket of formaldehyde. "Now I've got my foot back," he said. "That's all I wanted. I'm not sick or, like, a danger. I just wanted my foot."
    Didn't you notice Ray's post, Rick .... the last post before yours? I guess I don't understand why people post but don't read first
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Default Re: THE FOOTS IN THE CAN MAN

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
    I don't really know what to make of this one.....Man gets amputated foot back after police seize it briefly....
    Law suit??? Boy....this guy doesn't have a leg to sad on
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary

Didn't you notice Ray's post, Rick .... the last post before yours? I guess I don't understand why people post but don't read first
    Actually I did look, but I "failed" to notice Rays. It was an oversight caused by work getting in the way........

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Right, makes sense

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber pvfire424's Avatar

The local news here ( in Kansas City) showed the guy sitting on his front porch , stirring the foot around in the bucket. He stated that he would add and remove things from the bucket as his life or personality changed. It was really just kinda gross. I will dig around and see if I can find the video link.
    Last edited by pvfire424; 07-28-2005 at 11:14 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber pvfire424's Avatar

Well, I said I would look and post if found. I am unable to post a direct link, however if you go here KMBC KC, MO , scroll down to KMBC video online and look for "amputated foot returned..."

July 29, 2005 -- A Kansas teen convicted of battery for vomiting on his high-school Spanish teacher has been given a gross but appropriate sentence — he must spend the next four months cleaning up anytime someone throws up in a police car. Court records revealed the 17-year-old student, from Olathe Northwest HS, was so proud that he even bragged to a coed the next day.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

That story was "big enough" that it was reported on the radio on the weekend. What happened to the days when a student put an apple on the Teacher's desk?

However, I think in this particular case the punishment does match the "crime". It's nice to see that some court officers still have a bit of forward thinking.

All i know is that cop cars get puked on like nobody's business...sucks for that kid. Maybe he will stop puking on people.

and from across the pond...

July 30, 2005 -- A work of art valued at $75,000 has mysteriously disappeared from an exhibit in Devon, England. The unusual piece — a clear plastic bottle containing melted Antarctic ice — was entitled Weapon of Mass Destruction and intended to highlight the problem of global warming. Officials believe a thirsty thief may have stolen it.

Weird But True
    2 Year Anniversary

July 30, 2003 -- A 90-year-old Oregon woman fed up with the cockroaches in her bedroom began roasting them alive with a portable blowtorch - and nearly burned her house down.
    Firefighters in Kenton raced to the home of Ona Bates to find flames pouring out. The home sustained $4,500 in damages.

"I've heard this one before. I don't know where they get the idea to do it," Fire Bureau spokesman Neil Heesacker told The Oregonian.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

2 Year Anniversary
    Weird .... but true!

Thanks for your dedication in keeping us informed of all the weird ***** that goes on out there, Ray!

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

July 31, 2005 -- Two Ohio men convicted at trial of arson and fraud got into more trouble when they were caught driving to the courthouse in a stolen car. Terry Hunt, 39, and Justin Hawkins, 24, went to the Butler County Courthouse in a 2005 stolen BMW. When cops searched their residence, they found two more stolen Lexus SUVs in the garage.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

August 1, 2005 -- A 6-foot-10 man was booted from his new job as an air-traffic controller — because his 38-inch-long legs wouldn't fit under the desk. Ben Sargeaunt-Thomson, 23, of Nothampton, England, is appealing, but his bosses say that by canning him, they saved him from serious joint or circulation problems. Sounds like a tall tale to us.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

I wont post the photo that goes with this story...

Vienna gallery admits visitors to see erotic art for free if they disrobe

William J. Kole Canadian Press Monday, August 01, 2005

(insert photo here) Two visitors in their bikini view a painting at the Leopold Museum in Vienna, on Friday. Dozens of arts patrons visited the museum wearing little or no clothing, lured by an offer of free admission if they came to the museum in the spirit of "The Naked Truth", an exhibition of 1900s erotic artworks. (AP Photo/Lilli Strauss)

VIENNA, Austria (AP) - Vienna's prestigious Leopold Museum is usually a pretty buttoned-down place, but on Friday, some of the nudes in its marble galleries were for real. Scores of naked or scantily clad people wandered the museum, lured by an offer of free entry to The Naked Truth, a new exhibition of early 1900s erotic art, if they showed up wearing just a swimsuit - or nothing at all.

With a midsummer heat wave sweeping much of Europe, pushing temperatures into the mid-30s in Vienna, the normally staid museum decided that making the most of its cool, climate-controlled space would be just the ticket to spur interest in the show.

"We find a naked body every bit as beautiful as a clothed one," said Elisabeth Leopold, who founded the museum with her husband, Rudolf. "If they came only out of lust, we have to accept that. We stand for the truth."

Peter Weinhaeupl, the Leopold's commercial director, said the goal was twofold - help people beat the heat while creating a mini-scandal reminiscent of the way the artworks by Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Oskar Kokoschka and others shocked the public when they first were unveiled a century ago.

"We wanted to give people a chance to cool off, and bring nakedness into the open," he said. "It's a bit of an experiment. Egon Schiele was a young and wild person in his day. He'd want to be here."

Most of those who showed up in little or no attire Friday opted for swimsuits, but a few hardy souls dared to bare more. Among them was Bettina Huth of Stuttgart, Germany, who roamed the exhibition wearing only sandals and a black bikini bottom.

Although she used a program at one point to shield herself from a phalanx of TV cameras, Huth, 52, said she didn't understand what all the fuss was about.

"I go into the steam bath every week, so I'm used to being naked," she said. "I think there's a double morality, especially in America. We lived in California for two years, and I found it strange that my children had to cover themselves up at the beach when they were only three or four years old. That's ridiculous."

For years, the Austrian capital has been known for a small but lively nudist colony on the Donauinsel, an island in the middle of the Danube River where people disrobe, often startling the unsuspecting joggers, cyclists and rollerbladers who happen upon them.

Overwhelmingly Roman Catholic Austria has always been somewhat more conservative than many other European countries. The Viennese were scandalized when native art nouveau masters like Klimt - best known for his sensuous The Kiss and the subject of an upcoming film starring John Malkovich - began producing works that some critics panned as "indecency," "artistic self-pollution" and borderline pornography.

The 180 works on display at the Leopold through Aug. 22 include Klimt's Nude Veritas, an 1899 painting of a naked young woman with wildflowers in her hair, and Schiele's Two Female Friends, a 1915 rendition of two nude women entangled in each other's arms.

Max Hollein, director of Frankfurt's Schirn Kunsthalle art museum, likened the public uproar at the time to "the visible outcry at the live transmission from last year's Super Bowl when, for a few seconds, CBS broadcast shots of the singer Janet Jackson's exposed nipple."

Mario Vorhemes, a 20-year-old Vienna resident who strode into the Leopold on Friday wearing nothing but a green and black Speedo, was nonchalant.

"What's the big deal?" he asked. "We're born naked into this world. Why can't we walk around in it without clothes from time to time?"

Elina Ranta, a fully clothed tourist from Finland who checked out the art - and the audience - left amused.

"I thought, 'This is strange. How is this possible in a museum?"' Ranta said. "We've been in many galleries and I've never seen people walking around like this."

"In English, my name means 'beach,"' she added. "That's pretty funny under these circumstances, isn't it?"

Thread Information